Enchanted (2007)

Started by Kristof, January 14, 2006, 11:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

I like the idea of this movie, however I think I'd prefer it to be all cartoon. From watching the adverts, I don't really like the look of the real world part :?

I'll definitely watch this movie though, and see if I'll change my mind :)

peep

Hehe, you'll probably hate me after reading about what I did today.....

I went to the World premiere of Enchanted!

Before the film began the cast, the director, the producers and Alan Menken spoke about the film on the stage...which was amazing. The film itself was awesome, the special effects, the story, the music, everything was just executed perfectly. It was like all the best things about a Disney animated film then put into a real World situation, which was great. Another thing I love is that the trailers (well, atm anyway) don't show too much of the film which leaves loads of stuff for you to enjoy without seeing in the trailer. I have to say the song before the credits reminded me heavily of a Disney theme park parade tune which amused me. The film also has so many amusing moments which was great and something I find very rare within films now.

Anyways I can't till the official release so I can see it again.

Rating: 5/5
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

WOW, you are really lucky :)

howtodeal

Peep you are lucky, The songs are amaaaazing. I love the "Happy Working song" . It reminded me of old Disney songs.
"True Love's Kiss" and "That's how you know" are equally good too.
Can't wait to see this movie , iam counting  :P
Amy Adams is getting a lot of Oscar buzz too  :wink:

Soap

Quote from: "peep"Hehe, you'll probably hate me after reading about what I did today.....

Indeed i do hate you now  :P
Great to hear such good review about it! Can't wait to see this one ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

howtodeal

Watch Carrie Underwood's New Music Video from Enchanted

Ever Ever After

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums/enchanted.html

I love it  :)

Soap

Wow, great music! Nice link, thx howtodeal ;)
And again....Alan Menken.....Dinsey music god  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Very Broadway, very Menken... I also like the style of bits like That's How You Know", which has a strange almost hip-hop backing to it. I guess they're trying to bring in modern New York influences?

They've got a massive hit on their hands here. Roll on December, Enchanted fever!!

howtodeal

Iam gald you liked the songs Baloo and Soap.  :D
I also like this clip behind the scenes of "Enchanted"

http://bvim-qt.vitalstream.com/Enchante ... ed_Med.mov

I don't think i`ve ever been excited for a movie like that before  :P

Soap

Another great link howtodeal  :P  Big thanks! Looking forward to it!

Well, maybe one tiny little movie trilogie made me more inpatience.....Lord of the Rings trilogie  :P

peep

I don't know if I should mention this in here but what the heck.

This year London's Oxford Street (THE busiest street in London for shops) had a ceremony last night to kick off the Christmas season by turning on their lights which is sponsered by Disney's wonderful new film, Enchanted. So basically not only does this film now have it's name all lit up all the way down this shopping area in Central London, it has also been advertised in all the London newspapers due to the ceremony (maybe an article or two tonight). The Odeon West End cinema has also got a new big poster of the film outside and inside all the Odeon cinemas in London's Leicester Square they have quite big poster display things dotted around the entrance areas.

Is it me or is Disney going really OTT for the marketing for this film? Which obviously isn't a bad thing, but it has shocked me at how early they are starting to advertise, we have just over a month until it is released in the UK and there are already adverts everywhere.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

I've seen a load of advertising for it already too. It reminds me of the huge campaign Narnia got a few years back, which eventually helped it make an incredible amount of money. I'd never seen the appeal in Narnia, until that campaign started...

Enchanted isn't based on such an iconic book, but I'm sure they're remembering Narnia's launch well, it's even released in the same week of December!

Disneyana

WOW ! The music is so great and lovely, but that's no wonder. It's from Alan Menken and he always creates so wonderful music.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

howtodeal

Hey guys, Check out this clip, it's the "Happy Working song" from Enchanted
for some reason th song reminded me of the "Main Street Electrical Parade"   :P
The song is amazing and Amy Adams looks like a Disney princess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKfcg_Cnpsk

If this video is against any of your rules , i apologise  :(

GeoffD

so if i go down Oxford street it'll all be 'enchanted'

will go down next weekend (i'm in London next weekend anyways)
Wasn't there something like this for Incredibles or am i mistaken