This is how we did Disney-22nd-26th Sept 2008

Started by littlemermaid83, September 29, 2008, 07:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great trip report, pictures and videos, thanks for posting them. I'm glad you had a great time, and I look forward to seeing the rest :)

Thanks, next installment coming up in a while.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

Day 3 part 1. 24th September 2008

So another early start of me and DD.

We was the first ones in the queue for Pluto at the Cheyenne at 7.30am

(Just a note we didnt eat breakfast in the hotel as we are not early morning breakfast eaters.  Which is why we ate breakfast in the park)

We waited for the bus and Fern had a bench all to herself.

We got the entrance of the park at 7.55am where we waited for the CM's to open the gates.

It was a very foggy morning and this is what Main Street looks like on a empty morning.

We saw one lady running to get her photo with the castle background only to find it so foggy that the castle looked like it had dissapeered.  It was spooky.

Our first ride was Carousel de Lancelot.

Followed by Dumbo.

Then Pinocchio.

We then went and grabbed a bite to eat in the Cable cookie shop, where Minnie and Fern decided they wanted to eat my cookie.

We stayed in here for a while just relaxing and listening to the music.  Its a great place to chill out in the mornings.

I then recieved a text from Lynn to say they was running late and would meet us at 10.30am.  This was getting beyond a joke in my opinion, they could at least get out of bed early for once.....

So we then decided to go and wait for Donald nr Casey's Corner as his meet and greet was at 10.25.

It was soon 10.30 and Chris and Lynn was nowhere to been seen, the Mary Poppin's show was getting ready to start so I though stuff them me and Kyra will watch this.  We wasn't going to miss all the fun because they was unable to get there lazy bums out of bed.

Kyra loves this show and was singing along.  We didn't join go to the meet and greet at the end as it looked like a huge mob of people trying to get to Mary and Bert plus the 2 lazy bums had arrived.  Kyra was a bit upset as she really loves Mary Poppins but i promised that we will get to see her before we go home.

So we went and had some obligatory photos in front of the castle and then moved onto Frontier Land as it was time for BTM.  We also took photos with some of the Halloween decorations.

Wait time was 25 mins so we grabbed some FP's and I said we should go and find where Woody and Jesse do there meet and greet so Kyra could see them.  

We was also in for a treat as Minnie was in her new little meet and greet area aswell.

It was then time for our BTM FP time so i went and asked for Baby Swap where the lovely CM gave Kyra a BTM certificate.  It was nice because she wasn't left out as she was a bit too small to ride.  

10mins later and i must say that sitting at the back of the ride was a lot better than the middle and I really enjoyed it.

We then decided to go Indiana Jones as i hadn't gotten round to riding this in January, I waited to do baby swap again and while waiting Kyra made friends with the CM, he then gave her a certificate aswell and wrote on the back that we could have exit entrance for POTC all day that day.  

I wasn't impressed with Indiana Jones, it was too short a ride and i felt like my head was going to fall off lol It didn't help that on another forum someone commented that the ride was on its last legs, all i could think of was that i was going to die on this ride.  If i was going to end my life I wanted to end it on a half decent ride lol.

We went trotted off to POTC where Lynn decided to insult the ride all the way through, now I'm not too much of a fan on this ride but I wasn't going to knock it that we had exit entrance so wanted to make the most of it.

I then ditched my brother and lynn and said they should come meet me at 3.30pm in the DLH.

Me and Kyra watched the character express where she got to see Daisy :)  we also bumped into Chip and Dale in between Fantasy and Discovery land.

Then it was soon off the DLH where we could relax for a while as i was getting tired and my feet was throbbing a bit.

Coming up the DLH and Inventions
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

SophieD

Hi Littlemermaid83!!

I'm loving your trip report!! Your videos and pictures are so lovely!!

I can't wait to read more!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

bigrossco

very good reports cant wait to read even more!!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Nala_84

That's a really great trip report so far (although I always ask myself why your FSIL joined you and Kyra while you're always complaining about her lol), I love the pictures, they're so nice!!

You took sooo many character pics, and your daughter is absolutely cute!!! She looks so sweet in her Belle dress! I also love the two Minnie pics with your daughter, but the others are just great, too! I'm looking forward to seeing even more pics :)!

And you must be a millionaire, affording to go to DLRP that often in one year, plus having the Princess Lunch at the Auberge... I'm so jealous :mrgreen: ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Nala_84"That's a really great trip report so far (although I always ask myself why your FSIL joined you and Kyra while you're always complaining about her lol), I love the pictures, they're so nice!!

You took sooo many character pics, and your daughter is absolutely cute!!! She looks so sweet in her Belle dress! I also love the two Minnie pics with your daughter, but the others are just great, too! I'm looking forward to seeing even more pics :)!

And you must be a millionaire, affording to go to DLRP that often in one year, plus having the Princess Lunch at the Auberge... I'm so jealous :mrgreen: ;)

Thanks  :D

I'm no millionaire, just a single parent who saves all her spare money to fund our Disney obsession lol.

littlemermaid83

Day 3 part 2

We headed to the DLH for the characters at 4pm and we arrived just after 3 and waited for Chris and Lynn to arrive at 3.30.  

Kyra had fun counting all the pins I had traded that day and made herself comfy on the sofas in the hotel.

Then my DB and FSIL arrived and they moaned some more about waiting for the characters.  You would of thought they would of appreciated a sit down as they kept complaining there feet hurt.

It was soon 4pm and me and Kyra had lots of fun seeing the characters again.  This time we had Tigger, Chip and Dale, Launchpad McQuack and Goofy..

Kyra decided to do some dancing the music not noticing Tigger was watching behind her.

//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3RB6Gn4LEiw

Goofy decided he wanted to take a nap and kept shaking his hand to anyone that tried to wake him up it was really funny.

Kyra kept holding hands with Chip and they walked around the hotel a few times it was really sweet.

Poor Tigger had kids throwing themselves at him, I did feel a bit sorry for him.

We then left at about 4.30 and had a few pics outside the DLH (as you do) and went back to the hotel to get ready for Inventions and have a little rest before we ate dinner.

Up next Inventions and even more fun with Goofy

littlemermaid83

Part 3 part 3 24th September 2008.

So before we went to Inventions I went and had a look in the DV shops.

Lynn and Chris moaned again and said they couldn't be bothered to have a look so they waited outside.  I picked up a Mickey story book for Kyra for Christmas for 19Euros.  She loves reading so I know she will love reading stories about Mickey and the gang.

We then headed off to Inventions.

As we checked in I made sure Kyra ate for free being only 2 and we was seated in the room opposite the resturant check in.  We saw Goofy on the balacony with 3 children waving at the passers by below which was really cute.  

Little did I know I would be spending a little while on that balacony later on during the meal:lmao:

I went us first to get some food for me and Kyra and all I can say is WOW, the selection was huge and the food was hot and fresh.  

They had a seafood, pasta and salad section, a meat section with roast poatoes and veg etc.  Also the usual selection for kids.  

The chicken was marinated and tasted gorgeous esp with the roast potatoes.  I haven't tasted anything as nice in a long time.  I also had the pasta and some salad which was lovely aswell.:cloud9:

I ended going up for seconds, I just couldnt get enough. of the chicken.  I also had some lamb aswell which was really nice too.  Overall I would give the food 12 out of 10.  Best meal of the trip.:thumbsup2

We had visits from Tigger, Gepetto, Dale, Goofy, Pluto and Launchpad.  Character interaction was fab as always and we got some lovely photos.

I asked the waiter if i could go out on the balacony to take some photos and he unlocked the door for me, we had a lovely view with the castle lit up in the distance.  Lynn came to join me and suddenly I heard my brother saying Goofy was in the room, i turned round and there was Mr Goof locking the balacony door.  He started laughing and pointing and then walked off to go and see Kyra.

He came back and i was then begging him to reopen the door, it was freezing outside, he unlocked the door and joined us on the balacony giving me a good tickle and waving at people below.  He then went back indoors and locked us out again and actually this time walked off out the room.  We had to bang loudly to get the waiter to open the door.  Goofy came back in and was taking the mickey out of us lol.

He then picked Kyra up and swung her around the room.  Goofy is a strange one.

Chris decided he didnt have room for dessert, i was feeling stuffed but I had to have some of the chocolate cake i had seen and put some of the chocolate from the fountain on it.  After stuffing that down my belly Lynn pointed out they had cheesecake....

This cheesecake was, well words cannot describe....it was the most yummiest piece of cake I had ever eaten and I would of paid 55Euros just to eat that lol.

It cost me 55E plus 17Euros for drinks, which yes its very expensive but if you can afford it i would HIGHLY recommend eating here, it was faboulous.  All food was clearly labeled so you knew what you was eating and the Chefs were very helpful aswell.

We got to bed about 10.30pm, exhausted and shattered, I set my alarm for 6am again.  Ready for our 4th day in my happy place.

littlemermaid83

Day 4 part 1. 25th September 2008

I got up again early today.

I was getting used to waking up at 6am and being out the door by 7.15am.

Kyra decided to wear her Tinkerbell dress again.

We bumped into Goofy on the way to the bus stop.

We got to the Disneyland Park gates before opening and the CM chose Kyra and some little boy to open the park, it was really sweet and Kyra was so chuffed that she opened Disneyland.

This is what we saw down Main Street.

Emptiness AGAIN.

I took a few pics along the way to the castle.

I had noticed Kyra was looking a bit peaky today, and she refused to walk anywhere and just wanted the buggy.

We went on all the usual EMH rides and on the 3rd time on the Carousel De Lancelot Kyra threw up.  Luckily it was only went on her coat and I could wipe it off with a wipe.  But she was crying her
eyes out bless her.

We went to the usual breakfast spot where she refused to eat a thing, I'm glad i brought a large bottle of water from the Train Station as that is all she sipped on all day.

Kyra asked to line up too see the Princesses, now they had been doing there meet and great at the Central Plaza stage so we lined up with lots of other people only to be told by a CM at 10am that it had moved back to the Castle.

(Fern had a great time relaxing in Central Plaza)

So everyone legged it over, we ended up being about 20th in the queue.

We first saw Cinders and Ariel but when it was out turn we got Belle and Snow White :) That cheered up DD.

After seeing the Princesses we bumped into the Mad Hatter outside Belle Notre, he was really funny! DD was a bit unsure of him at first but then glad when and sat next to him.  He said she was beautiful and asked if she had seen Peter Pan today.

We then left for the Studios as we wanted to see Minnie and The HSM show,  we bumped into my brother at the entrance to WDS, they had only got to the park.  IT WAS 11.55AM! Lazy lazy LAZY!

I went to the ladies and asked Kyra if she needed a wee she said no, but this is how i knew she was really ill.  She had been very good all week and we had no accidents, i was impressed but as we was waiting for Minnie she said she needed a wee I said to wait 1 minute as it was our turn next to see Minnie but she had already wet herself and then refused to leave the queue untill she had seen Minne.  

I forgot to bring some clean trousers so i said to Kyra we would go back to the room but she wanted to see HSM, so i took her trousers off and left her Tinkerbell dress on which was still dry.

Me trying to take a pic of us both...

We loved HSM, Kyra managed to sum up the energy to get out the buggy and dance, she was nearly dancing in the show.  The CM had to keep asking her to move back lol.

After High School Music on Tour i went and grabbed a take out from Annettes.  I had a Rock and Roll burger with fries and orange juice for 10Euros....bargain.  

I took it all back to the room where Kyra crashed out within 5 minutes.  I let her sleep for her a good hour before it was time to get ready to go back to the DLH for 4pm.

Up next DLH and some more parade fun!

never2old

I'm loving your report.... And your pictures!

Looking forward to the rest!!

ColdSun

Great report and pictures. I'm so psyched about your Inventions review, plan to go there myself on my next trip. Your daughter is so very cute, I absolutely adore her in all those cute dresses. To bad though that she was feeling sick and that you had some issues with your company but it seems like nothing could spoil the great experiences for you :D !

toonarmylass

lovin this report, i cant belive people would got to disney and complain about everything!!! i'm sorry this happened to you but at least you just went off by yourself and had your special time with kyra, who may i add is such a beautiful little tinkerbell!

littlemermaid83

Day 4 part 2

Ok so we headed off the DLH, Kyra had perked up a small bit and wanted to wear her Belle dress again.

Kyra must of summoned some energy because i never seen a child move so fast when the music started for the parade.  There she was dancing and singing.  

Check out the video here (Won't let me embed the video on here)
//http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1YQfNhfwI

We saw Tigger, Chip and Dale, Launchpad and Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee.

Kyra was scared of Dum and Dee, and it was really funny because Dum ran off with the pushchair and refused to give it back untill Kyra had given him a kiss.

We left the DLH just after 4.30 and caught the parade again.

The Mad Hatter recongised us from earlier and came over and said hello and kissed Kyra's hand which was sweet, Belle also recongised Kyra and gave her a wave.

We then took a wonder up main street and I did a bit of shopping, it was soon 5pm when we heard the Character Express was coming.

We saw the usual clan but got photos with Jessie, Suzy and Perla, and these two little creatures.

Kyra then decided she wanted to go Its A Small World, now who am I to argue with a Princess.

Please note that the pictures i took in Small World i did not use a flash, unlike some people who did.  Don't they realise the flash spoils the ride.

After we had been on Its a Small World, we then just had a wander around Fantasy Land with a toilet break etc where we then went and waited for Candleabration.  We got our space rather early because I was tired and wanted a sit down and Kyra didn't seem interested in anything else.

Sadly Kyra fell asleep throughout the whole show, only waking up to see Minnie stroke her face.

I popped into the shops for a look around before we left as I didn't want to deal with the mad rush and we saw Mickey waving bye bye, Kyra had woken up by then and she was so chuffed when Mickey waved to her and blew her a kiss.

Kyra was asking for a happy meal so we went to Mcdonalds, where we then walked back to the hotel as i couldn't be bothered with the scrum on the buses.

I was very sad that tomorrow was our last day.

burntsienna

Wow I love all the photos! Amazing trip report! Cant wait to read the rest :)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

da987

Hi Emma,

Great photos, it looks like you both had a great time, just a shame about your brother and his girlfriend.

We were at DLRP a couple of weeks before you. And took our daughter in Auberge de Cendrillon for the Princess Dinner.

I see frrom your pictures that you had a different Belle to the one that we saw, but Ariel was the same. Both of them were really great with Gemma, and spent loads of time with her.

Aroura on the other hand.....

What a misery guts. I bet we saw the same one as you! She came over to our table, didn't bother speaking to Gemma. Forced herself to smile for a picture. She did sign Gemma's book for her, but as Sleeping Beauty, not Aroura. Here is a pic of our meeting with her, it would be interesting to know if it was the same one you saw.

We wnt on the 7th - 13th September, i have posted a load of pics in this topic section if you haven't them.

Dave.