The Lone Ranger (2013)

Started by Anthony, September 25, 2008, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

from the old TV series

We don't seem to have a topic for this new Jerry Bruckheimer film that is now finally in development.

It was announced yesterday that Johnny Depp will play the sidekick, Tonto!

As if Disney + Western + Bruckheimer epic wasn't enough to get me excited.

The Butlin Boy

This sounds very promising, wouldn't it be cool if they sneak some BTM references in there too! :mrgreen:  I'll be keeping an eye on this project, thanks for telling us Ant :)

peep

I've never seen anything to do with the Lone ranger but with the combination of Bruckheimer, depp and disney I'm sure it will be awesome.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

SophieD

George Clooney is reportedly set to star in 'The Lone Ranger' according too IMDB News!!

Aparently the thought of working with Johnny Depp has spurred the actor on!!!

well Clooney and Depp.....I'm definitely going to be there!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

burntsienna

I'm really looking forward to this film!
Read about it on IMDB yesterday that Johnny Depp was playing Tonto, my sister then told me that he was offered the role of 'The Lone Ranger' but then turned it down and was like 'I want to be Tonto' which I thought was really quite cool!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

dagobert

Gore Verbinski is directing The Lone Ranger and Johnny Depp will be Tonto.

http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/11/25 ... -as-tonto/

Anthony

QuoteTake a first look at Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films' "The Lone Ranger". Tonto (Johnny Depp), a spirit warrior on a personal quest unintentionally joins forces in a fight for justice with John Reid (Armie Hammer), a lawman who has been transformed into a masked avenger. From Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Director Gore Verbinski

Anthony

And who will score the film...?

QuoteThe Walt Disney Studios announced today at CinemaCon that Jack White will write, produce and perform the score for Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' highly anticipated The Lone Ranger. White, who today released his first solo album "Blunderbuss" to critical acclaim, is a musician, singer, songwriter and producer who first achieved notoriety as the lead guitarist and vocalist of the rock band The White Stripes and then as a member of The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather.  The Lone Ranger will mark White's first foray into feature film scoring.

The Lone Ranger, directed by Gore Verbinski and featuring Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as John Reid, the Lone Ranger, is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid, a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption. The Lone Ranger is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and hits theaters May 31, 2013.

dagobert

Chosing someone who has never scored a movie is a bit risky, but I hope he will deliver a good score. I only know him from the band The White Stripes.

According to Jerry Bruckheimer The Lone Ranger will do the same for western movies, like POTC did for the pirates genre.

JelleP

The first trailer arrived!
[youtube:h4e54eve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlrQD8Kvk6M[/youtube:h4e54eve]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

I like it, it looks really good.

I only hate the Disney logo at the beginning.

Monksbain

Looks like it could be good. Not sure about Johnny Depp playing the Native American role. I see Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp are acting together again.

Thaliel

When exactly will he say High-ho silver? :lol:
<-Plz click