New years eve Fireworks music

Started by kmeirlaen, January 03, 2006, 12:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmeirlaen

Hi all,

We were there at disney on ney years eve and we liked the fireworks a lot.
Does anybody know/remember the song they were playing during the firworks?  I think it was Limb Bizkit OR Linkin Park, but so far have been unable to find the song.

thanks and happy 2006!

K

Kristof

The soundtrack of this years New Year's eve fireworks is "New World" by Tobymac and is for sale in most stores right now!  You can find it on the "Music Inspired by the Chronicles of Narnia".  Hope this helps.  :D

Anthony

It's an odd choice for the fireworks music - they should have chosen some of the actual soundtrack music from the film, rather than a very loud and (for kids) scary rock song.

With New Year, Kids Carnival, and special events like Tiesto, DLRP really need to remember their family audience.  :?

Jorien

Where have you all heard it or seen it, i can't find a thing of this fireworks anywhere.  :?  :(  :cry:

Kristof

On Disney Central Plaza, a French message board.

Jorien

Is there a video on it aswell?? Please links here!!! I need a video now!!!  :wink:

Edit: Thanks for the help (!) but i already found one, indeed on that French forum (couldn't read what was said). One thing that really bothers me though, i thought a forum was something to share information on and things. Would be nice if people shared these links aswell if someone found these.
But as it seems no one is sharing them at the moment, why should i? :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"Edit: Thanks for the help (!) but i already found one, indeed on that French forum (couldn't read what was said). One thing that really bothers me though, i thought a forum was something to share information on and things. Would be nice if people shared these links aswell if someone found these.
But as it seems no one is sharing them at the moment, why should i? :roll:

I'm sorry Jorien!  Personally I only watched one video and then stopped without saving the link - didn't like the display at all!  Here are the files posted on Disney Central Plaza, for those who want to see them:

By "DJ":
//http://rapidshare.de/files/8554368/UN_31_DECEMBRE_A_DISNEYLAND_partie_3.MPG.html
//http://rapidshare.de/files/8557702/UN_31_DECEMBRE_A_DISNEYLAND_partie_4.MPG.html
By "angelik":
//http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YACIODG31KGF2FPN6YISIH7Q5
//http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31VRMNOUSLF5F17Z3S49ZA9STD

And from DLRP Magazine Forum, some general atmosphere videos from the night:  (warning!! dodgy disco music and pop songs featured!! lol)

By "kaleo":

As much as I hate the music, it seems to create a reasonable amount of atmosphere.  I can't help thinking that everyone seems to just be hanging around waiting though...  Maybe next year they should have more entertainment than just a cheap DJ?  :?

I hope I've rectified the lack of video URLs on forums problem!  :D  I definately agree with Jorien actually, it's very annoying when people talk about something and don't post the link.  (I'm not aiming that at anyone on here - just at forums in general!  :wink: )

Kristof

I haven't bothered to watch a video of the fireworks.  I just read the French message board which said which song they used...   :?

Anthony

There's another video here: http://www.markjochems.nl/  :D

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"I hope I've rectified the lack of video URLs on forums problem!  :D  I definately agree with Jorien actually, it's very annoying when people talk about something and don't post the link.  (I'm not aiming that at anyone on here - just at forums in general!  :wink: )

*searching for a kissing/hugging emoticon*
Baloo, thank you sooooo much!!!!
As you already said yourself i wasn't actually attacking anyone here on this forum either, so please don't think that. Sorry if i did hurt someone with it. But i was also aiming at forums in general. I noticed this 'development' for a while on other forums, how everyone loves to talk about things only they seem to have seen and i just got really annoyed by it yesterday. Sorry, i was just being a bit overdramatic yesterday.  :wink:

Okay, back on topic again! Is it just me or does that display look a bit chaotic? At least it seems that way on a video, no idea if you experience it like that when you're there.
I really dislike the musical choice by the way. That treasure planet soundtrack was so much happier than this. Of course dlrp shouldn't stick with the same things all the time, so they are absolutely right to change some things once in a while. But there are so much more beautiful or happy soundtracks than what they chose now.... (Like the Narnia moviesoundtrack for example)  :wink:

kate

hi all

i don't think the vids really do it justice.  we were there and it was brilliant.  the fireworks were fab and so was the music not at all scary my 8 year old loved it.  the atmosphere on the night was wonderful, we had a fantastic time.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Sweet Laker

Quote from: "Baloo"As much as I hate the music, it seems to create a reasonable amount of atmosphere.  I can't help thinking that everyone seems to just be hanging around waiting though...  Maybe next year they should have more entertainment than just a cheap DJ?  :?

Well, i have not been to the NYE celebration in DLRP so i cant judge the music the DJ played all night. But according to what i have seen on MarkJochems movie (Is he a member on this board? If so, great movie dude, thnx!!!) so far, i think the DJ did a great job. The two songs are popular at the moment among the crowds and for most of the people this is real "party music". And since this is a party. Yeah, I have to say, great job done by this 'cheap?' DJ.

It's a pity i wasnt there, but ow well,  i created my own fireworks display all night long :D

Ow, and thnx for the movies by the way, since i did not find them yet, too :)

And i loved the display, especially the finale with all those ti-salutes. Greath job DLRP, looking forward to the next DLRP NYE Celebration movies  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"Well, i have not been to the NYE celebration in DLRP so i cant judge the music the DJ played all night. But according to what i have seen on MarkJochems movie (Is he a member on this board? If so, great movie dude, thnx!!!) so far, i think the DJ did a great job. The two songs are popular at the moment among the crowds and for most of the people this is real "party music". And since this is a party. Yeah, I have to say, great job done by this 'cheap?' DJ.
I'm always very harsh whenever DLRP plays "outside" music in the parks - same goes for the Halloween Party Nights.  I'm sure it creates a great atmosphere on the night, but I just don't really like seeing it.  I still think they could have created the same (if not better) atmosphere with some actual Disney music.  People can hear pop music at any New Year's celebration.  This is Disney, so it should be unique and a bit more magical.

Robbie and Madonna were good choices though, I mainly don't like the older stuff...

I guess I should experience new year in the resort for myself before I say any of this though, eh?  :lol: I can't help doing it, sorry...

Sweet Laker

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm always very harsh whenever DLRP plays "outside" music in the parks - same goes for the Halloween Party Nights.  I'm sure it creates a great atmosphere on the night, but I just don't really like seeing it.  I still think they could have created the same (if not better) atmosphere with some actual Disney music.  People can hear pop music at any New Year's celebration.  This is Disney, so it should be unique and a bit more magical.

Robbie and Madonna were good choices though, I mainly don't like the older stuff...

Ah ok, now i see your point. Well, i do understand what you mean. And i must agree with you. I have seen some of the other movies now too, and i must agree with you that the "Las Ketchup" song isnt quite a song Disney worthy. I heard the songs of Madonna and Robbie and some other great songs. So i based my opinion on that part of the evening. But you have got a point here. Modern music is ok, but they should stick to the songs which can be seen as magical. And Las Ketchup aint like that. Its more a "look at me lying at the beach in Spain" song.  8)

But then again, most of the time the masses like these songs very much. I think its a difficult decision to make, even for the guys organising a great event such as this.

QuoteI guess I should experience new year in the resort for myself before I say any of this though, eh?  :lol: I can't help doing it, sorry...

haha lol,  ow well,   same here. I based my opinion on these movies too. We might be surprised how uplifting this music feels in DLRP on this special evening. It sure is great music when i am in the local pub, i mean,  whats the difference haha :P ;)

I must say i did like the playing with the lights in mainstreet by the way!!

Dlrpfan

If u are lloking for a video of the new year fireworks this might help: http://www.videovault.chrismedia.co.uk/
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012