15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yep, absolutely.  It's amazing to think that these three massive new things (in DLRP terms, anyway) are only the tip of the iceberg, and it's nice to see DLRP be cunning in a good way and try to keep some secret surprises for later in the celebration.  I like your idea of "wiggle room" too, that's very true. :wink:

It's obvious to us ToT will be included anyway, whenever it opens, because of course it's not going to open later than March 2008.  As for the rumoured new WDS parade... it could be a good addition for March 2008, to end the festival and as a final 5th/6th birthday present to the studios.  OR they could hold that back until later in 2008, because with adding so much new stuff during the 15th, they might have a bit of a drought after the festival ends...

Kristof

QuoteIt starts the moment you step onto Main Street, U.S.A.®. Before you know it, your toes are tapping to the spectacular new Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. But they're not the only ones tapping. You might just get a tap on the shoulder from the hand (or paw) of a famous Disney Character. Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, or Cinderella! They're all here to re-live with you the most beloved Disney stories like never before.

So do you think we can expect a "catchy" soundtrack?

QuoteBe our guest: Dance. Sing. Do everything you've dreamed – in new Character locations created for this very special year.

Even more characters locations??  Where do you think they'll put 'm?

Quote1.) If they announced the opening of the biggest E-Ticket ride since "Space Mountain" for November 2007, there might be trouble getting people interested in visiting the resort earlier that year...

Confirmed by Blue Bird  :lol:

Quote2.) By not stating an opening date for the ride, they still have lots of "wiggle"-room, in case construction should be delayed for whatever reason. (Just look at what happend at poor De Efteling...)

lol yes, they even had posters and adverts all over the place here  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"So do you think we can expect a "catchy" soundtrack?
Oh yes, they know how popular Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm) is.  I wouldn't be surprised if they used the song for part of the festival actually - not for the new parade soundtrack, but just "around and about" the park in various events.  It's meant to be a celebration of the past 15 years, after all. :)

Quote from: "raptor1982"Even more characters locations??  Where do you think they'll put 'm?
They could be referring to the ones in Toon Studios (Incredibles, Mickey, Cars, etc), infact that's probably quite a likely option.  Other than that, perhaps a Princess meet 'n' greet at the Royal Castle Stage?  Or those rumoured Pocahontas or Brother Bear ones in Frontierland?  Maybe another Pirates of the Caribbean meet 'n' greet in Adventureland?  Or one with Captain Hook on his ship?  There's soooo many possibilities, which is actually rather worrying - the parks are truly going to be overflowing with them soon.

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteBe our guest: Dance. Sing. Do everything you've dreamed – in new Character locations created for this very special year.

Even more characters locations??  Where do you think they'll put 'm?

One locotion on top of the other.

("You see that big tower there in the other park, dear? You see, there's one Disney princess on each floor... and Pooh in the basement."   :wink: )

Nala_84

First of all: Nice to finally read somethin official :) Except the fact that the Toon Studios-attractions won't open in May  :cry: There is no official certain date named for the opening, is it?

QuoteNonstop Disney birthday treats!

Could that mean that the visitots will get little gifts, or are the new attractions and specials these "treats"? ;)

Quotein new Character locations created for this very special year.

I'd guess they'll prepare little locations in the whole park, just for the party?! Maybe only a few fitting backgrounds to each Character?

QuoteCrush's Coaster

What have they done with the name? I got so accostumed to Chrush's Turtle Twister which, I guess, explains a bit more of the ride that only "coaster"...  :?

QuoteCars: Race Rally

Sounds good. Have they already started to create this attraction?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

There isn't an official date set for Toon Studios, no, but it's definitely going to be June now, sorry!  Also, they haven't started on the Cars attraction yet.  It's a fairly simple ride, so it won't take long at all.  The "Nonstop Disney birthday treats!" is probably just marketing talk, I wouldn't read into it too much.  :wink:

Kristof

Well well... the logo and creative text have magically disappeared from Extraordinet...

Anthony

The text is gone (for the 15th, not for the attractions), but the logo is still there!  :?

Kristof

Edit: never mind.  :lol:  

Extraordinet is so confusing.

Kristof

Creative text from Extraordinet:

The ultimate Character meet 'n'greet.
We're celebrating, so come meet your favourite Disney Characters like you've never
seen them before. It starts the moment you step onto Main Street, U.S.A.®. Mickey,
Minnie, Donald, Baloo, Pluto, Goofy, Pinocchio, Cinderella and more! They're all here
to re-live with you the most beloved Disney stories. So be our guest. Meet. Dance. Sing.
Do everything you've dreamed of in new Character locations created for this very special
year.
A Character celebration like this only comes once every 15 years. Make it the year to live
your dream
only at Disneyland® Resort Paris, from April 2007-March 2008.

Anthony

Lol, they're definitely not giving any exact details away just yet, are they!

Here's the new key visual from extraordinet:

I doubt it's final...

Dlrpfan

still it looks quite nice
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

I think it looks like a fan did it.  The "15" looks pretty dodgy and the characters are so small that unless you show the key visual in full-size they just disappear and you can't see them properly.

I don't know what the key visual is meant to represent, either - they're not decorating the castle, are they?  All it shows is random characters adding some sparkle to the castle... I think it's a bit dull and looks very unprofessional compared to the recent new Wishes and Halloween key visuals.  :(

If the 15th is as big as I think it'll be, though, this should be the first of many marketing visuals, so we don't need to worry just yet...

Jon

i have to say i aggree, it doesnt look very professional, but as long as they dont turn the castle into a pile of presents again i'll be happy:)
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

penfold12

I know it wasnt very popular, but im trying to remeber what the castle looked like when it was decorated. Does anyone have a pic, or link to a picture?