15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Do I dare to say it... it looks professionally done (for at once)  :wink:
It really does!!  Great work, DLRP!

Shame about the dodgy "resort paris" part though...  :?

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Shame about the dodgy "resort paris" part though...  :?

It's interesting to see how the "Resort"-part was so prominently featured in all the materials when it was first introduced back in 2002 - and now it looks like nothing more but an afterthought...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"It's interesting to see how the "Resort"-part was so prominently featured in all the materials when it was first introduced back in 2002 - and now it looks like nothing more but an afterthought...
*Sigh* I know... I love the 2002 resort logo, it's the best of all the Disney resorts.  Not perfect, but far better than the others.

They made the "resort" part smaller for the Beleive In Your Dreams stuff, and now they're taking it further.  It's not good.

This logo looks a bit like a fan project to be honest, albeit a rather good one.  I actually thought someone was just posting an idea or something when I first glanced at it...  :lol:

Kristof

Little Blue Bird told me that they were thinking about dropping it and just call it Disneyland, without resort & paris.  I posted before that staff is now allowed to say Disneyland Paris in interviews and refer to it in articles when the logo or Disneyland Resort Paris is mentioned once.

experiment627

Adding "Resort" to the name made sens - on paper.

In reality, the term "resort" never clicked with European consumers. I think it would be an interesting topic to invistigate further as to why Europeans don't embrace a "resort" (yet).

I'd be glad if they just returned to "Disneyland Paris" and be done with it.

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"In reality, the term "resort" never clicked with European consumers. I think it would be an interesting topic to invistigate further as to why Europeans don't embrace a "resort" (yet).
I think they do understand "resort" as a concept.  The only problem is that people can never be bothered saying "Disneyland Resort Paris", the same way everyone says "Disney World" instead of "Walt Disney World Resort in Florida".

The way they have "resort" in normal weight font and then "paris" in bold in this logo looks really messy, and the lower case letters don't help.  :(

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I think they do understand "resort" as a concept.

Keep in mind that while "resort" might be a more or less common term in English, it is rather new to other languages... therefore not as understandable as Disney might have hoped.

Nala_84

Awww, that looks awesome! Is this really official now? Beautiful colours...

There will surely come out pins and stuff with the logo, won't it? It would be so cool to get a free gift in the 15th celebrations-year, but I guess that'll be "Utopia" ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Disneyana

The logo looks great. Allright the castle looks a bit hard, but it really must appeal to children and families because it looks very simple but great. Nice colours indeed.
I think the name should remain as Disneyland Resort Paris or just as Disneyland Paris. Only Disneyland isn't that good, because Disneyland in California has already only the name Disneyland right ? So wouldn't it be a bit confusing to have to resorts with the only the name Disneyland ?!
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

QuoteIs this really official now?

Yes, this is the real thing!  Although you can expect some variations in the coming months.

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Keep in mind that while "resort" might be a more or less common term in English, it is rather new to other languages... therefore not as understandable as Disney might have hoped.
I guess you're right - I've noticed quite a bit of discussion about this on some French forums at the moment.  I still think people do get the concept of a resort destination like DLRP, but it's true that the word "resort" itself doesn't translate well into French and other languages.  They should improve their marketing communication a bit... explain in their brochure the meaning behind "un resort", everything in one place, etc... I don't think changing the name again is the answer, and to be honest I personally don't believe they ever will.

Going back to the logo - it's really obvious now that this was designed by the same people who did the 50th logos and the newer "year of a million dreams" ones, it's very similar.  I don't like the pink of the castle in the logo, or how square it looks, and when you make it smaller the "resort" actually almost disappears making it look even more messy.  But it'll do.  :)

I wonder... will we get a 15th Anniversary song?  :lol:

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I don't think changing the name again is the answer, and to be honest I personally don't believe they ever will.

My guess is that you will see "Disneyland Paris" being used more and more in advertising the place... (raptor, didn't you post a while back that they are now officially allowed to use this name again?) ... While I could imagine that the "resort" will pop up more in travel brochures and press releases...

Anthony

Official Press Release!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's The Year to Live Your Dream!

Go ahead: live a little, dream a lot. From April 2007-March 2008, we're celebrating our 15th birthday with our biggest party ever, and you're invited! It's also the BEST time to live your Disney dream. Oh, and did we mention the cherry on the cake? Nonstop Disney birthday treats! So get ready to make a wish, and unwrap your dreams – this is the year to be here.

It starts the moment you step onto Main Street, U.S.A.®. Before you know it, your toes are tapping to the spectacular new Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade. But they're not the only ones tapping. You might just get a tap on the shoulder from the hand (or paw) of a famous Disney Character. Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, or Cinderella! They're all here to re-live with you the most beloved Disney stories like never before. Be our guest: Dance. Sing. Do everything you've dreamed – in new Character locations created for this very special year.

After this kind of exhilaration, the last thing you expect is for your mouth to drop open in awe as you check out what's next on your party plan. But as you gaze onto this birthday landscape of fun, that's exactly what happens. Crush's Coaster*, your first stop, is the all-new family coaster designed to whoosh and swish you into the world of Nemo and Squirt. It's like... wow, dude – especially the close calls with Bruce's hungry jaws. Yikes! And those twists and turns of the Eastern Australian Current. Whoah!

Hey, but that's just a warm-up for your next stop...which, by the way, is all GO! Start your engines, dreamsters. The new Cars: Race Rally** puts your family behind the wheel of a convertible, and into the sleepy town of Radiator Springs. Go on: put a little "four on the floor", and raise some fairy dust!

So let's get this Disney party started! After all, a celebration like this only comes once every 15 years. Make it The Year to Live Your Dream.

* Inspired by Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo.
Attraction opens June 2007.
** Inspired by Disney/Pixar's Cars
Attraction opens June 2007.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So....
- No mention of Tower of Terror!
- "Cars: Race Rally" seems to be the confirmed name.
- "Crush's Coaster"?? They've got to be joking...
- "Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade" isn't just a dream.
- It'll run from April 2007 to March 2008, confirmed.

I'm think they've left Tower of Terror and perhaps the new WDS parade out of this because if they announce it all now, then they won't have anything new to announce this time next year.  They need to keep the ball rolling throughout the year with more new announcements all the time.  So ToT fans... don't worry!

I do think "Crush's Turtle Twister" fans should be worried though... the new "Crush's Coaster" name is awful in my opinion... "Turtle Twister" seemed so definite!  :(

Anthony

And press releases for Crush and Cars:

Feel the rush with Nemo and Crush.

Hang loose with Nemo and Squirt on the new rip-roaring ride, Crush's Coaster – opening June 2007. Totally inspired by Disney's presentation of Pixar's Finding Nemo, this is one of two new major attractions opening in celebration of the 15th anniversary of Disneyland Resort® Paris.

Get ready to plunge into the underwater world of Nemo and Squirt. A world full of adventure, fun and hidden "dangers"... oh yes, and a few thousand fish.

Here, you'll "sea" life a little differently as you twist and turn over colourful coral reefs with Squirt, Nemo and friends. But don't close your eyes... or you'll miss the fun as you dive straight down into the inky darkness of the deep to explore a sunken submarine nestling in an underwater minefield. Watch out - you'll have to keep your eyes peeled to avoid coming face-to-face with Bruce, the vegetarian shark and his snapping mates. But what's there to worry about? Just remember fish are friends, not food. But hang on, you're not fish, are you?

Then, if you thought escaping the sharks was a white-knuckle ride, prepare yourself for the rush: spinning and twisting with along the powerful Eastern Australian Current, where even the coolest dudes have to screeeeeeeeam! So hang ten (and hang on) for the ride of your life!

You've seen the movie, now take it for a spin.

Hit the road with Lightning McQueen and friends on the new piston-pumping ride Cars: Race Rally – opening June 2007. Inspired by Disney's presentation of Pixar's Cars, this is just one of two brilliant new attractions opening in celebration of the 15th anniversary of Disneyland Resort® Paris.

Welcome to Radiator Springs, a sleepy, one-horse-power town that's about to be woken up. So fuel-up for fun and get in gear to join this engine-roaring rally on the dusty desert track of Route 66 - you just know it's going to be a gas!

Rest assured though there's no need for pre-race nerves, as Lightning McQueen will be there to give you all the best driving tips. With more trophies and sponsors than you can shake a loose exhaust pipe at, this road champ will get you and your family revving into action in no time. So will Mater, a good ol' trusty tow-truck with a big heart and the quickest tow cable in Carburetor County. Buckle-up!

And, once you've discovered the hotshot-racing driver in you, it'll be time to take that pole-position and put everything you've learnt into practice. So take a mighty fine grip of the wheel and get ready for a spin to take the chequered flag. There's vrrrrrrooom for everyone.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm think they've left Tower of Terror and perhaps the new WDS parade out of this because if they announce it all now, then they won't have anything new to announce this time next year.

1.) If they announced the opening of the biggest E-Ticket ride since "Space Mountain" for November 2007, there might be trouble getting people interested in visiting the resort earlier that year...

2.) By not stating an opening date for the ride, they still have lots of "wiggle"-room, in case construction should be delayed for whatever reason. (Just look at what happend at poor De Efteling...)