15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

15th Anniversary Celebration
From 1st April 2007 to 31st March 2008 at Disneyland Resort Paris

This is it!  The party is NOW!  The biggest celebration in the history of Disneyland Resort Paris presents an astonishing list of brand new, glittering dreams for everyone.  The red carpet is rolled out... for you.

This is our topic for any general anniversary news, but we've also got "Official Topics" to let you discuss attractions and events of the celebration in more detail:

Disneyland Park

Character Castle Makeover & Park Decorations
Sleeping Beauty Castle is covered in 15 characters, each holding candles, whilst illuminated banners line Main Street, and more!
From 1st April 2007

Bougillumination / Candleabration
A special birthday ceremony each night.
From 1st April 2007

Disney Characters' Express
Casey Jr steams into Main Street several times a day carrying a friendly gathering of Disney characters.
From 1st April 2007

Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade
BRAND NEW Disneyland Park Parade
From 1st April 2007

Walt Disney Studios Park

Toon Studio placemaking
New area, with "Crush's Coaster", "Cars Race Rally" and including a radically enhanced Animation Courtyard.
Mid-May 2007

Crush's Coaster
New indoor/outdoor spinning roller coaster and dark ride.
10th June 2007

Cars Race Rally
Spinning turntable interchange tea-cups with Radiator Springs setting.
10th June 2007

High School Musical
Streetmosphere show based on the hit Disney Channel movie.
16th June to 26th August 2007

Hollywood Studio placemaking
Hollywood placemaking enhancements around Tower of Terror.
Late 2007

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The classic E-Ticket attraction, Disney's California Adventure version.
Late 2007/Early 2008

Stitch Encounter
New interactive CGI show at Walt Disney Television Studios.
Early 2008

Rumoured New Walt Disney Studios Park Parade
Stars and Motor Cars Parade - from Disney-MGM Studios
(RUMOUR) March 2008

Across the Resort...

Extra Magic Hours
Two extra hours in Disneyland Park on select days for Disney Hotel guests.

15th Anniversary Merchandise
A huge collection of exclusive merchandise just for this year!

Tailor Made Dreams
More options and more savings, to let you experience the magic YOUR way.

Useful Links

:arrow: Disneyland15.com (Official Website)
:arrow: 15th Anniversary Guides (DLRP Magic)
:arrow: 15th Anniversary News & Updates (DLRP Today)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original Post

(Some details in these early posts are guesses or rumours that should not be read as confirmed events for the 15th, confirmed events are shown above.)

A little early, yes, but I've just noticed what would appear to be the first official confirmation of this year-long celebration - the DLRP press site states that a "15th Anniversary logo" will be available soon!

A short while ago some rumours on other forums were suggesting the 15th would be perhaps the biggest celebration yet for the resort, with a new parade, new show (on Royal Castle Stage), Toon Studios in WDS and (just maybe) an early opening of Tower of Terror in WDS.

The fact that they're getting ready to release the logo now, so far in advance, suggests that they're going for one hell of a marketing push with this one.

Go on DLRP, you can do it!  :D  :wink:

babybert

How Exciting! Hopefully by 2007 I will be a fulltime castmember and will be there for the celebrations and new parade! Which im very excited about... Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm is kinda getting monotonous! lol still a great parade song though.

Anthony

Do you think the castle could/should be refurbished for the 15th anniversary?  I read a rumour somewhere a while ago that it would be done in the next few years, and unless they do it this year then they won't be able to do it until 2008, because they won't want it being refurbed during the anniversary year.

I think this photo from dlrp.fr made me realise even more just how badly the castle needs it:

Dlrpfan

I might be going back for the big bithday bash!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

I'd heard that the Castle, Big Thunder Mountain and the Disneyland Hotel would get their rehab in 2006, to be finished right in time for the 15th anniversary.  :?:

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'd heard that the Castle, Big Thunder Mountain and the Disneyland Hotel would get their rehab in 2006, to be finished right in time for the 15th anniversary.  :?:
I think that's what I heard too.  Since the Disneyland Hotel has just had its refurbishment restarted after the Christmas break and that Big Thunder Mountain is scheduled to be closed from 4th September to 3rd November... a castle rehab could definately happen this year!  :D

Patrick

God I really hope there is a castle rehab, it is diar needs for one, I mean look how faded that once regal fairytale pink is now, though it's impressive finally Disneyland Hotel is getting its rehab again, about time too, let's hope that Big Thunder Mountain does get one too it needs it, there's only a certain amount of moss a man made mountain can take to be realistic :lol: .

Anthony

Oh my god!  It's the official 15th Anniversary logo!

Errr... or not.  :lol:

Apparently the park's name will be changed to "The Magic Kingdom - Paris", and so for the occasion they turned the Disneyland Park logo purple instead of pink and squashed it a bit... Yeah, ok... :lol:

:arrow: More: http://forum.mousekingdom.com/dcboard.p ... c_id=73089

Patrick

Wow dodgy work, does the idiot expect us to believe that's it, well with Disneyland Resort paris's track record I wouldnt be surprised, so how erm no that don't look professional enough and magic Kingdon what's that all about :lol: .

Nala_84

Hey there!
Well I must confess... I'm coming from the mousekingdom forum and I believed it  :lol: Maybe I should mention that I'm pretty naive and I believe things very quickly, especially when they have something to do with Disneyland and rumors about it ;)

But I think they haven't treated me very nicely there and while I read your comments in this forum, I'd say that the atmosphere here is more familiar and warmer, too--I hope so :)
And, not to forget: You guys seem to know more about DLRP than the folks of the mousekingdom forum  :roll:

Nala
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Poppy The Monkey

Well your in a much better place now.

Hope you've added this place to your favourites it is the best DLRP forum.
Along with http://www.forums.chrismedia.co.uk/index.php

Maarten

Quote from: "Nala_84"But I think they haven't treated me very nicely there and while I read your comments in this forum, I'd say that the atmosphere here is more familiar and warmer, too--I hope so :)

Hey Nala, welcome!

You mentioned exact the same reason why I registered here too. Although no one over at the DLP.info Board has treated me with disrespected, I overall thought that the atmosphere on that board wasn't was it used to be. I'm not the person who thinks that everyting Disney is great (I'm just to realistic for that), but at some points I felt that almost every topic overthere was negative. I should point out that not everything has to be positive on a forum, otherwise it would get boring, but it just wasn't the kind of atmosphere I am looking for at a forum. :)

Not the bash the DLP.info Board at all, and I apologise to the people who feel that way, but I like to talk about Disney together with some other fans on a positive note. And I am glad that I found that here at the Photosmagiques Forum.

Patrick

Welcome Narla, can definately say it is nicer and happier here on this forum, also yeah I understand about DLP.info I had that half the time so I just refuse to post on their anymore, but enough of negativaty, welcome to the boards :) .

Dlrpfan

Hey Narla
Welcome on these cool forums!
I prefer this forum and Kris's (http://www.forums.chrismeda.co.uk) one to dlrp.info too. Its so negative and hard to navagate through it. Still there's some good info on the main site!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"You guys seem to know more about DLRP than the folks of the mousekingdom forum  :roll:
That might not be such a good thing... :lol:

I think it's definately more "reasonable" here, if that makes sense.  No jumping to wild conclusions or hating DLRP just for the sake of it.  You will definately still hear negative opinions, but they're much more justified (like the placing of those Little Green Men cardboard cut outs above the Buzz entrance!).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here, as we go through a big year for DLRP as they build up to the 15th Anniversary. *tries desperately to say something on-topic*  :lol: