[DLR/WDW] What Will You Celebrate? / Celebrate Today!

Started by AmericanMouse, August 28, 2008, 03:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Not only will October 5th be the (imfamous) Miley Cyrus Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party, but also the start of Jay Rasulo's next big campaign as the sequel to Year of a Million Ripo--, er, Year of a Million Dreams.

The question (and the theme) is: "What Will You Celebrate?"  According to MiceAge.com, ads including the likes of Johnny Depp with actors playing guests are being filmed in Lake Buena Vista, Anaheim, etc., and will debut later this year.

So, questions or comments?  Ask or tell, and I'll have more later.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Not only will October 5th be the (imfamous) Miley Cyrus Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party, but also the start of Jay Rasulo's next big campaign as the sequel to Year of a Million Ripo--, er, Year of a Million Dreams.

The question (and the theme) is: "What Will You Celebrate?"  According to MiceAge.com, ads including the likes of Johnny Depp with actors playing guests are being filmed in Lake Buena Vista, Anaheim, etc., and will debut later this year.

So, questions or comments?  Ask or tell, and I'll have more later.

I'm beginning to wonder if their running out of ideas :-k

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Anthony

"What Will You Celebrate?"...?  They should have stuck with the original tagline: "We've Got Nothing". :lol:

I wonder why the US resorts haven't taken to doing the kind of big seasonal events and parties that DLRP do?

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony""What Will You Celebrate?"...?  They should have stuck with the original tagline: "We've Got Nothing". :lol:

I wonder why the US resorts haven't taken to doing the kind of big seasonal events and parties that DLRP do?

Dont the US parks do halloween ? :S thats bigger in US than europe :S
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"
Quote from: "Anthony""What Will You Celebrate?"...?  They should have stuck with the original tagline: "We've Got Nothing". :lol:

Dont the US parks do halloween ? :S thats bigger in US than europe :S

Yes. I think baloo means other seasonal things like St Patricks day, bonfire etc

AmericanMouse

Quote from: "Anthony""I wonder why the US resorts haven't taken to doing the kind of big seasonal events and parties that DLRP do?"

They do Halloween and Christmas pretty well, plus WDW has the successful Pirates and Princess Party events, which will be coming (on a smaller scale) to DLRP in 2009.  Add Grad Nights for the High School seniors and Night of Joy Christian Rock music festival over in Florida as well, so they really don't need other holidays.

[offtopic]I've been suggesting over in the imagineering threads the idea of a Mickey's Christmas Party (Fete de Noel avec Mickey) hard ticket event at WDSP, but sadly, no one's responded to that as of yet.[/offtopic]

UPDATE: A tour that celebrates the theme of "What Will You Celebrate" will kickoff today (9/24) in Toronto, Ontario.  The tour will hit the eastern and central USA until mid-October, and then resume after the first of the year out in the west.

MagicStar

Just saw one of the acutal commercials... and wow!  :shock:
One of the most emotional things I ever saw in a commercial.
Love it!  =D>

//http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=CelebrationVideoPage#DPCelebration1VideoItem
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

Very good videos on there, well done Disney, and thanks for the link MagicStar.

It's quite interesting to compare that advert to the marketing campaign for MMP next year at DLRP, they both have a lot in common, especially with the Mickey Balloons with the invites on them... :)

On another note, does anyone else find it weird that the Disney parks logo on all of their adverts feature the DLRP, WDW, and TDL castles, but not the DL or HKDL ones :-k

AmericanMouse

http://disneyparkscelebration.com

The tour started in Toronto Wednesday (9/24).  I'll be in Philadelphia on October 8th for that, on Market Street between 16th and 20th.

dagobert

The new tv commercial is great. Why can't DLRP show such commercials.

AmericanMouse

Since the tour's coming to Philadelphia today (10/8/08), I'll have a report for you.

davewasbaloo

Ok, I'm still addicted, it made me cry. How sad is that!
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Slush. :lol:

But beautiful slush all the same. I'm desperately hoping that whatever they come up with to advertise Mickey's Magical Party uses real footage and real people like this rather than the disgusting and cheap-looking CGI-ed stuff they did for the second year of the 15th.

The shots of (fake) balloons around New York and so on are brilliant. Can we have that but with various European locations in the background? Kind of a "Europe is coming together to celebrate..." campaign, showing people travelling from across the continent to meet at DLRP?

I'm coming up with EU-slush now.

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"Kind of a "Europe is coming together to celebrate..." campaign, showing people travelling from across the continent to meet at DLRP?

I'm coming up with EU-slush now.

Like that advert they had before with the Characters coming to DLRP?

[youtube:dmlrhun0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJIScuZ00A[/youtube:dmlrhun0]

Offtopic; I hate that WDW advert when there like "....this is just the entrace, lets go inside".  :x

wishuponastar

Quote from: "Owain"Offtopic; I hate that WDW advert when there like "....this is just the entrace, lets go inside".  :x

Yer. . . especially as it's on Main Street, which IS inside!!