Incredibles Sequels...but NOT a Movie?

Started by Captain Pan, August 21, 2008, 04:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Flicking through the usuals websites for the day... my normal stroll through IMDB.com and I found this Article...
Quote from: "imdb.com"
Quote from: "http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/watchmen_poster_comparison_shias_arm_and_incredibles_comic_book"24 hour sale on all 21 James Bond films on DVD for only $95.99, that's $4.58 per movie. Uh, click here while it is still available.
You are going to love these Watchmen poster comparisons comparing the new character posters to the original posters for the graphic novel.

The skinny on the movie based on the DC Comics character Green Lantern says the "story follows the traditional Hal Jordan/Green Lantern story lines to a certain degree" and that the "major difference is in the Sinestro character arc." I have no idea what any of that means so you will have to figure it out for yourself.

Pixar's The Incredibles are getting four comic book sequels in April 2009.

However, it appears a Happy Feet 2 may be on its way in movie form. Then again, George Miller may be busy with Mad Max 4, Babe 3 and Justice League. Or perhaps he could be put out to pasture.

Tom Cruise was ousted out of the role for Edwin A. Salt by Angelina Jolie because he is too old. No, wait, it's because he just didn't want to do it because the character was too much like his Mission: Impossible character. Oh yeah, well he wants to do Mission: Impossible IV but he is too old!

Is it wrong of me to be embarassed that Entertainment Tonight considered Shia LaBeouf's return to the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen "Breaking News"?

You can see the DVD cover art for The Incredible Hulk right here, but sorry, no release date yet even though Amazon duped me by showing a September 26 release date a couple weeks back and then removed the listing. Thanks Amazon for making me look like a big douche. Boo on you!

Same Useless news in there too... But its a nice read! Should be good... and if Pixar run out of Ideas... they'll have a base to work on for An Incredibles 2!

-breeno-

Hmm interesting, i remember hearing something before about Incredibles comic books, i think they have already made some, or this is what i found (i think i found it off imdb.com too).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

OK.. looking further into the idea... and I found this...
Quote from: "http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/12/pixars-incredibles-heads-to-comics-explores-impotence-and-other-superfamily-dynamics/"Pixar's 'Incredibles' Heads To Comics, Will Explore Impotence And Other Superfamily Dynamics
Published by Jennifer Vineyard on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 at 1:57 pm.

It was inevitable, really — never just a movie, "The Incredibles," what with its whole family of supers, belonged in the comic book world from the get go, and now, with Pixar's deal with Boom Studios, they will be.

Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl (Mrs. Incredible), and their kids Violet, Dash, and baby Jack-Jack will continue their adventures in what writer Mark Waid calls "Incredibles 1.5," a storyline that starts a little after the events of the movie, so that the family has had some time to let it sink in, but the characters are not any older. (And should there be an "Incredibles" sequel, the comic book stories won't interfere). "This is Pixar's tip on the Fantastic Four," Waid said, "so while I get to play with their toys in the toybox, it can't be so drastic that they can't have a future."

Which means Violet is still "delicately balanced" between being shy and having gained some confidence ("If she has too much, she's no longer Violet"), Dash is still "thought to deed, single synapse theory," and Jack-Jack still "can't articulate what's going on." "He's a wild card," Waid said. "What are his powers now? You never can tell, and maybe he'd be great in a fight. But if I had a toddler that age, I wouldn't even take him to the store, much less to fight a giant alien."

In the first four-issue arc, starting in April, Mr. Incredible — Bob to his wife — is starting to lose his powers, his invulnerability and strength, but he doesn't want to tell his family or go to the doctor. "You know the climax of the movie, with trying to control the giant robot? That was just their version of fighting over the TV remote," Waid said. "You're taking very familiar family dynamic problems and ramping up the superhero angle."

So in this instance, when Mr. Incredible finds that his powers are fading (i.e. he's feeling older and emasculated, every aging dad's fear), he's relegated to house husband status. "He feels terrible," Waid said. "He's calling them on the phone when they're on missions, to give them advice, but what he really needs to do is get his powers back." And just as there was an Edna on hand for costume problems, there will be a supers-doctor, too. "Where do you go to school to learn superhero medicine?" Waid pondered. "That's something to think about."

By issue four, this particular conflict will be solved – Waid's currently writing the script for issue six, and hopes to keep the monthly comic going as long as possible (Darwyn Cooke is doing the covers, but no artist has been attached for inside art). Eventually other Pixar titles will start coming out next year as well as comics – "Toy Story" will be up next – to the point where six titles a month will eventually be in rotation. "There are people even at my office who would cut my brake lines in a heartbeat to write 'The Incredibles,'" Waid said, "but 'Wall-E' would be just as fun to do. We've been talking to folks about writing 'Toy Story,' 'Monster's Inc.' or whathaveyou, and when we say, 'Dude, we're a startup company, we can't afford you,' they say they don't care. People want to write this stuff."

Hmm nice story arc here... and this is the kicker for me!
Eventually other Pixar titles will start coming out next year as well as comics – "Toy Story" will be up next – to the point where six titles a month will eventually be in rotation. "There are people even at my office who would cut my brake lines in a heartbeat to write 'The Incredibles,'" Waid said, "but 'Wall-E' would be just as fun to do. We've been talking to folks about writing 'Toy Story,' 'Monster's Inc.' or whathaveyou, and when we say, 'Dude, we're a startup company, we can't afford you,' they say they don't care. People want to write this stuff."

They Have people wanting to do it... and As a comic book I'm Happy  :D