Tower of Terror - The Movie?

Started by MinniesBestPal, August 20, 2008, 09:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesBestPal

I was watching a clip of a twilight zone movie last night on youtube (Not as scary as I thought!) and it had two men in a car singing when the tape ran out, then they start joking on about scary things, and the person in the passenger seat says "Hey, you wanna see something REALLY scary?" and turns into a werewolf or something.

I didn't go looking for any more clips of the movie (It wasn't scary scary, but it made me jump! and it was also after midnight so time for bed soon anyway!) But I found a picture this morning.

//http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/96/250px-Tower_of_Terror_DVD.JPG

I was just wondering, has anyone seen this movie, is it any good, and is the opening I just described from the same movie? Because this is a disney film, and it looked quite scary for disney!

-breeno-

I haven't seen it myself but from what i've heard it isn't Disney's best and it isn't based on the Twilight Zone (hense why the title is just Tower of Terror and not Twilight Zone Tower of Terror), i heard the story in the movie is about a witch but i'm not sure :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MinniesBestPal

I like the twilight zone opening with the door and the clock, etc.
"You are now passing into the twilight zone!"

Its good! But after that clip with the werewolf or whatever he is, I didn't dare watch anymore!

ford prefect

The film is about a series of hauntings in a deserted hotel.  The upshot of which is that identical twin sisters were seperated by evil stepparent in order to gain inheritance (I think).

The film is a silly way to spend 90mins.  It is certainly not a great film, nor even good.  However it is an enjoyable bit of hocum.

From a fan's perspective it is interesting to see how Disney developed the "ride to movie" concept from this to Pirates via HAunted Mansion.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

MinniesBestPal

So, does anyone know which movie the other twilight zone clip is from? I'll try and find the video again...

Clarebelle

I have that DVD, I just cant watch it :-( (wrong region)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

lil-shawn

I think this movie is not that bad, but disney can make it better...

okay the movie is about a photographer who wants to make pics of misterious thinks,
one time a old woman is in his house and told him about the hollywood tower hotel, the story
is the same like in the attraction from florida, five people dissapear in an elevator blah blah blah, at the end u find out thet this old woman was the sister of this little famous girl and she was jealous and because of that she take a curse of her sister or something like that, its long time ago i saw it....

QuoteI have that DVD, I just cant watch it  (wrong region)

u can watch it on PC, the dvdroms don´t have any region codes.....

Clarebelle

mine does, and I can only swap regions 5 times :-( mine are all used up now (on both the lappys and my pc, oops)

*ponders* my dads laptop  :wink:

Pete's Dragon

Quoteu can watch it on PC, the dvdroms don´t have any region codes.....

As far as I'm aware Pc-DVD drives do have region codes. They allow you to change regions about 3-4 times, but then they lock permanently. Uninstalling the drive does not reset the counter.

I have an American import of Drunken Master 2 : The Legend of Drunken Master ( best martial arts film EVER ), and my DVD drive is locked to region 1, luckily I have a second one for region 2

Clarebelle

yeah I got the princess diary's while I was in NY, thats why I cant use my DVD rom to watch it sniff sniff

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Clarebelle"mine does, and I can only swap regions 5 times :-( mine are all used up now (on both the lappys and my pc, oops)

*ponders* my dads laptop  :wink:

Have you ever search the web for the region-free code for you DVD player. Sometimes its a button combination on the settings screen. Others are a firmware update you burn to CD and play. I have a great DVD player now, which I unlocked, that plays any format, even DivX

lil-shawn

QuoteAs far as I'm aware Pc-DVD drives do have region codes. They allow you to change regions about 3-4 times, but then they lock permanently. Uninstalling the drive does not reset the counter.

hmm starnge mine don´t have any code, okay i put the dvd´s from the us in my burner!!

QuoteI have an American import of Drunken Master 2 : The Legend of Drunken Master ( best martial arts film EVER ), and my DVD drive is locked to region 1, luckily I have a second one for region 2

thats great, my dvd player played til las weekend just regio 1 and now its regio free  :D  my luck that i have somebody who can make these forbidden things  :P
i don´t understand why its not allowed to encode ur dvd player...

MinniesBestPal

So, is this clip from the disney movie? This is the bit I watched yesterday!

mehdi5

I have to say, i'm pretty dissapointed by how this movie was done, the whole 5 people dissapearing in an elevator made much more sence with the Twillight Zone story than the whole witch stuff. But i do have some hope for a possible remake with the Twillight Zone attatched and just have the Tower's original story as background with the whole Twillight Zone theme.