DLRP welcomes 200 millionth guest

Started by Kristof, August 12, 2008, 01:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Yernaux family from Salon de Provence in France were celebrated today as the 200 millionth guests to pass the turnstile at Disneyland Resort Paris.  They were welcomed at Disneyland Park by Mickey, Minnie and François Banon, Euro Disney SCA Vice President.

The family was offered a special dinner at Walt's, and an upgrade to an Empire State Club suite at Hotel New York.   :)

The Butlin Boy

Wow, they are very lucky people, I wish that had happened to us :( Oh well, well done for them =D>  :mrgreen:

Maarten

Quote from: "Kristof"The family was offered a special dinner at Walt's, and an upgrade to an Empire State Club suite at Hotel New York.   :)

I'm glad for them they didn't already make a reservation for California Grill and stayed at the Castle Club...  :wink:

Congratulations Disneyland Resort Paris with your 200 millionth guest. Thats simply huge.

burntsienna

Wow that's so cool!
Pretty lucky for that to happen to them!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Epcot_Boy

Good grief........I wonder by how many thousand I missed out by, just being there last week :cry:  :lol:

Now I'm  :mrgreen:  with envy..........

Not really, good luck to them and I hope they had a good time =D>  :wink:

200 million since opening :-k  considering the slow start, that's not bad, half of that was probably there the weekend before last :P  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Nicholas-c

nice, im not jealous or anything :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

never2old

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"nice, im not jealous or anything :P

nah, me neither  :mrgreen:

Epcot_Boy

I am........really :cry:  :cry:      :wink:

David

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

I am........really :cry:  :cry:      :wink:

:mrgreen: Well I am. I remember when we stayed at the Disney Hotel, I dropped like a million hints that it was our honeymoon, trying to get an upgrade (even for one night).But to no avail. Congratulations to them anyway :cry:  :wink:

pussinboots

Just think; if any of you had canceled your vacation or returned once more, this prize would have gone to someone else.

Remco K.

Quote from: "pussinboots"Just think; if any of you had canceled your vacation or returned once more, this prize would have gone to someone else.
Or perhaps to you! :mrgreen:

Anthony

Here they are!

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/08/ ... t-arrives/

[cynical]Oh look, a perfect mum/dad/daughter/son family! And the kids just happen to be wearing a princess dress and jack sparrow outfit! And they're at DLP, not WDS![/cynical]

I somehow don't think these are scientifically, technically, the 200,000,000th guests, but today was obviously the day when the milestone would be crossed and they look good on camera, so what the heck. :)

The prize seems a bit skimpy too. Don't they usually get a lifetime pass?

I love the "200,000,000th Visitor" sign though... those days of the LOTLK Zazu sign are well behind us.

tubbsy

You mean its optional to dress your kids like that? My 13 year old will be so pleased to hear that! :lol:

And dont forget the sky was blue and the sun was out. Perfect photo opportunity.
D'you think they looked down the queue line and thought-who would look good?

Muttering under breath-*I'm not jealous, i'm not jealous*

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Here they are!

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/08/ ... t-arrives/

[cynical]Oh look, a perfect mum/dad/daughter/son family! And the kids just happen to be wearing a princess dress and jack sparrow outfit! And they're at DLP, not WDS![/cynical]

You old cynic you......... :wink:  :)

David

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"[cynical]Oh look, a perfect mum/dad/daughter/son family! And the kids just happen to be wearing a princess dress and jack sparrow outfit! And they're at DLP, not WDS![/cynical]

I somehow don't think these are scientifically, technically, the 200,000,000th guests, but today was obviously the day when the milestone would be crossed and they look good on camera, so what the heck. :)

The prize seems a bit skimpy too. Don't they usually get a lifetime pass?

I love the "200,000,000th Visitor" sign though... those days of the LOTLK Zazu sign are well behind us.

I second those sentiments. Excellent sign (The old castle icon! Although only a design nerd like me would notice that), probably not the exact 200,000,000th guests. I don't think any of us will live to see a lesbian goth couple holding that big gold key.