Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"Now adding on to the matterhorn idea, here is my terrible attempt of dropping the matterhorn from DLR onto the back and me trying to morph everything in (Terribly ! :lol:)
Well look at that... it fits perfectly! It's also interesting that the path at the back of Storybookland goes uphill, which would lend itself well to leading to a Matterhorn. But I think we can guess it won't be that.

Putting two and two together... DCA is getting a certain dark ride. MK is rumoured to also get a certain dark ride at the same time. Paris was the place that had an extra Fantasyland dark ride planned to start with.

So... Hmmm!

Remco K.

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"Putting two and two together... DCA is getting a certain dark ride. MK is rumoured to also get a certain dark ride at the same time. Paris was the place that had an extra Fantasyland dark ride planned to start with.

So... Hmmm!
Good thinking! Put on your swimsuit and swim along... under the sea! ;)

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"Now adding on to the matterhorn idea, here is my terrible attempt of dropping the matterhorn from DLR onto the back and me trying to morph everything in (Terribly ! :lol:)
Well look at that... it fits perfectly! It's also interesting that the path at the back of Storybookland goes uphill, which would lend itself well to leading to a Matterhorn. But I think we can guess it won't be that.

Putting two and two together... DCA is getting a certain dark ride. MK is rumoured to also get a certain dark ride at the same time. Paris was the place that had an extra Fantasyland dark ride planned to start with.

So... Hmmm!

Mmm, I quite like that idea.  I'm sure they can expand that area with even more buildings and connect it with the path that leads to Casey Jr.

The biggest Fantasyland in the world is getting even bigger?!  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"The biggest Fantasyland in the world is getting even bigger?!  :lol:
Woohoo! Maybe for the next big anniversary DLP might actually have a new attraction to boast about? At the moment though I just can't actually imagine seeing them demolishing such a great-looking building, even if it is impractical. It's not like DLRP to be that ruthless... maybe we're going to be surprised?

I guess if The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure does come to Paris, it wouldn't be enough to have it at the back of Storybookland with only the existing path to reach it, would it? Think of the people traffic down under that bridge... So do you think the Fantasy Festival Stage (I won't call it FFS.. lol) absolutely needs to go bye-bye before Casey Jr got a neighbour?

burntsienna

Maybe they could still use the building....but then build out the back of it...and re-furb the inside and use it as a queuing area for a new ride? or even have it as a little walk through area like the ones on Main Street. It would be a shame to lose the asthetics of that building.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Anthony

Quote from: "burntsienna"Maybe they could still use the building....but then build out the back of it...and re-furb the inside and use it as a queuing area for a new ride? or even have it as a little walk through area like the ones on Main Street. It would be a shame to lose the asthetics of that building.
That's not a bad idea... Maybe the tunnel could lead right through the middle of it, with extra undercover seating and a food stand either side? Probably very unlikely.

I guess with a tunnel here and no theatre it'd be like the classic Disneyland entrance but without the Mickey face:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Anthony"That's not a bad idea... Maybe the tunnel could lead right through the middle of it, with extra undercover seating and a food stand either side? Probably very unlikely.

I guess with a tunnel here and no theatre it'd be like the classic Disneyland entrance but without the Mickey face:

Yeah, would be good, and some toilets in there too maybe, depending on how far back the tunnel went.
Ooo and if it were the entrance to a possible Little Mermaid Ride...they could turn it into a small Aquarium walkthrough...to the queues, while still having the undercover seating and food stands.

Remco K.

Quote from: "burntsienna"Maybe they could still use the building....but then build out the back of it...and re-furb the inside and use it as a queuing area for a new ride?
This is a picture I did some time ago for the Imagineering section of this forum:

The show building at the backside of the station is actually the show building from Tokyo's Pooh-ride. The existing theatre structure could be use for queue and loading/unloading.

A simular system would also work well for a Little Mermaid ride, I guess. :)

burntsienna

Aww cool!
It's a good idea as it will make use of the good space and already amazingly built/designed building which would save money too.

Remco K.

Quote from: "burntsienna"Aww cool!
It's a good idea as it will make use of the good space and already amazingly built/designed building which would save money too.
And the show building is out of sight, so it doesn't require any theming.

On the other hand, I also like the idea of using the station as a connection to the 'Storybook Land' area. I can't choose! Luckily it's not up to me! ;)

lil-shawn

I think it would look better without the Fantasy Festival Stage, i don´t think anyone will miss it. The station will look good without it, and i think when something is missing on the
themening disney will fix it!!

I like the idea that this would look a bit like the entrance to DL  :D  
than we can say we have a little Disneyland in Disneylnad´s Fantasyland  :lol:  8)

Timbo

I wouldn't be sorry to see this go ! It is rarely open and I think I have only seen one show there ! A Winnie the Pooh ride would be better, use less CMs and have a higher guest through put and therefore more people could enjoy it ,improving guest satisfaction !! Just need to find a few million Euros then !!

Owain

Quote from: "Timbo"I wouldn't be sorry to see this go ! It is rarely open and I think I have only seen one show there ! A Winnie the Pooh ride would be better, use less CMs and have a higher guest through put and therefore more people could enjoy it ,improving guest satisfaction !! Just need to find a few million Euros then !!

A few ?, did you read this....

QuotePooh's Hunny Hunt has been rumored at having a budget of around $130 million, although this cost included the development and testing of the never-before-built LPS ride system

I no that covers testing which would be alot, but i wrecon this could still be a very costly attraction  :roll:

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain"
QuotePooh's Hunny Hunt has been rumored at having a budget of around $130 million, although this cost included the development and testing of the never-before-built LPS ride system

I no that covers testing which would be alot, but i wrecon this could still be a very costly attraction  :roll:
They could always use the cheaper California version instead. We're already rumoured to be getting the Hunny Hunt technology for Ratatouille at the studios...

If they do remove the stage, something "Winnie the Pooh" would definitely be needed. Even if they built a proper theatre somewhere, it'd probably then be too big or grand to host a show like that.

Remco K.

Quote from: "Anthony"If they do remove the stage, something "Winnie the Pooh" would definitely be needed. Even if they built a proper theatre somewhere, it'd probably then be too big or grand to host a show like that.
Perhaps they can return it to the Castle Stage.