Epcot_Boy's Glorious trip to DLRP 31/7/08 to 5/8/08

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 06, 2008, 10:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

I have to say, this is a brilliant report Epcot_Boy. It's almost as if I was there with you. :wink:

I completely agree with you about how great Eurostar is. We travel that way every time, and it just seems much more magical than any other means of transport. We usually start our journey at Ashford International, but we have been from St. Pancras before and they are both great stations, although I must admit I do prefer Ashford. :lol:

I love all the Disney posters around the station and the Disney music that plays whilst you're waiting for your train. At Ashford there is a massive poster of Sleeping Beauty's Castle that goes right up one of the lift shafts, with the entrance to the castle as the elevator doors, which I thought was rather cool! The band at St. Pancras is just lovely - Thank you so much for videoing it! :)

My favourite part of travelling by Eurostar is when you are just approaching the resort and you see Space Mountain right next to the track. Everyone's eyes just seem to light up with excitement and you hear lots of "Wows!" coming from other passengers! It's a great feeling.

gerbillcat

Awesome trip report. I have to say you've convinced me about Eurostar. We're flying when we go on our next trip in November but we're hopefully going back again next year and I'll definitely look into the Eurostar. Can't wait to read more :).

never2old

I'm loving this report!!!

What a great idea, just wondering around the park on your first day... I normally go just for 2 days, so don't have much time to just wander around... That's something I'm looking forward to doing next time we go, maybe not a full day but at least a few hours, stay off the queues and just enjoy the beautiful park...

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Tinkerbelle

We were there at the same time!!! though I arrived one day later and left on Aug 6th!
I'm SURE that we saw the same muslim lady with the minnie ears!!! don't you have a picture of her? we saw her in Main Street near Pinocchio and I must have her in one of my pictures because I was photographing characters... I'll see when I get back from Madrid :D (we're travelling to see Beauty and the Beast the musical, it seems that Le Roi Lion at Mogador + DLRP wasn't enough disney magic for us)

We must have bumped into each other without knowing though I didn't wear anything recognisable... well one day I wore Minnie's Christmas Ears... I had too much attention from the cast members so I had to take it off... yes I'm sort of shy...
:P
great trip report!!!! and great pictures!!! do you have a picture gallery somewhere?

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"We were there at the same time!!! though I arrived one day later and left on Aug 6th!
 do you have a picture gallery somewhere?

Well that's pretty neat....we could have bumped into each other without knowing it 8)

No, I don't normally bother uploading my pictures to the net, but if others are interested then I'll post them somewhere........time allowing :lol:  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Tinkerbelle

I'll check your videos later to see if I can spot myself in them ;D were you there watching the daytime parade last sunday? it think it was then when it started raining after Once Upon a Dream Parade started, I was in the spot in Town Square that faces the castle with my husband dancing and singing to Just Like We Dreamed it... though we tried to do it as quietly as we could because we don't like to stand out of the crowds much :P
since it started raining I didn't take pictures or videos from the parade, we just let ourselves enjoy the parade

PS: it might have been on Friday but I'm quite sure that that was Sunday

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"I'll check your videos later to see if I can spot myself in them ;D were you there watching the daytime parade last sunday?

I watched the parades everyday except Thursday :D/  but won't put them in all my reports because that would probably bore the pants off everyone :roll:  :wink:

On Friday, I was at the SB's castle end of Main Street and Saturday, Sunday and Monday I was above your head.........On Main Street Rail Station, a great view, and not normally as crowded as on street level :)  8)

David

The Butlin Boy

I'm loving your trip report and photos Epcot_Boy, I'm looking forward to the rest :mrgreen:  =D>

alex

Ahh, I loved your first video, the music in the background put a smile on my face!

Disneyland Hotel - 2001, 2004
Sequioa Lodge - 1996
Hotel New York - 2008, 2005
Newport Bay - 2003
Santa Fe - 2011,
February 2012!!

Javey74

Once again splendid reporting there Epcot Boy, with some fantastic pictures to address the scenes.  =D>

Looking forward to the next snippit... :D/  :D

Epcot_Boy

2/8/08

Well.....up.........washed and dusted down........watered and fed.........cap and sunglasses ready......check money.........and I'm off to Disneyland Park :D/

Feet a bit achy this morning.....so thought I'd travel by Disney Villages version of Eurostar...........

while charging down past Disney Lake at 5mph (km?) was deciding what land to visit...

decided upon........

So, without a care in the world, through the village and up to......

Isn't that building just wonderful.......the heart always increases it's beats when I spot the Hotel........lovely lovely.......

So through the turnstiles........and there it is..Town Square

I love to sit here and ponder the great decisions in life........like what first......SM2.....STours.....you know things like that :-"  :wink:

Just as I'm about to head off.......who pops up....

I did wave, but don't think she saw me :lol:  :wink:

Anyhow a quick look up Main Street at some nice scenes...

and then a quiet little walk through........

out into the light and off to Discoveryland.........FastPass time for SM2 8-[

and then off to.. Don't you just love that big ole octopus :lol:  :wink:

Next a lovely queue for.. :roll:

Worth it though, enjoyed it =D>

A nice pic for an interlude.................

Anyhow.........some lunch now........ Abundant......if not too tasty :roll:  :wink:

Stomach check.......and it's...yep I'm going up there 8-[

I was in the second carriage along :^o  :wink:

That was #-o  =P~  :-#  :D/  8)

Time now to head off to the jungle, somewhere that way, quick run :-"

And I'm at....... very crowded and very sticky, but....... Nearly as good as the west end =D>  :wink:

:D/  =D>  :D/  =D>

Back now for a much smaller queue :?  :-k at........

I quite enjoyed it.......but I know what's coming :P

Well time to head out for dinner now.......but as I did saw this peeping out at me....

Isn't that neat?

So I'll be back tonight for the parade at 19.15........

Where I will find crowds like this.........

and this..........to greet me afterwards.....

The end of the parade can be seen here..http://www.vimeo.com/1493080

It's not long, but gives you an idea =D>  :lol:

But later in the evening I saw scenes like this....

and this.........

Just breathtaking........absolutely beautiful =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Joy of the Day

While waiting for the parade to begin, two young French (At least I think they were French :) ) teenagers happened to notice that a young boy was stuck in the middle of the crowd without a chance of seeing anything..........so with a smile, and very strong arms.....they picked up the boy........allbeit shoving me out of the way :lol: ......and lifted him up onto their hefty shoulders so he could see the parade. I was convinced they did not know the child..........great stuff.........and my compliments =D>

More to come

David

swity

I love your trip report!!Thanks for all the pics!
The crowd is just  :shock:
And it's so nice to her things like the joy of the day  :wink:
This are things we need in these days  :wink:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"We must have bumped into each other without knowing though I didn't wear anything recognisable... well one day I wore Minnie's Christmas Ears... I had too much attention from the cast members so I had to take it off... yes I'm sort of shy...
:P

That's a shame. When we go in 2 weeks, I plan on wearing my Haunted Mansion Mouse Ears. If anyone asks about them, I hope to get them to go to City Hall to see if DLP will bring back the ears and embroidery.
since 2001 (many before that)

Epcot_Boy

3/8/08

Fosties, crusty bread, cheese, ham, cold chicken, sausages, bacon, chips, scramled egg, fruit, fruit yogurt, orange juice and gallons of coffee :wink:  and I'm ready for the studios =D>

A stroll done past that wonderful little lake, and for the first time I noticed that there are Koi Carp swimming about in the lake :oops: . Well I didn't know that, and lots of them as well =D>

Anyhow, through the village and into the studios........

and into..

I love to find a chair here and sit for a while and just soak up the, well you feel like your in a real genuine Hollywood shoot, atmosphere. I also love the way everything appears unfinished.......really neat stuff =D>
Out into the light and straight down the middle of the park to

Not much of a queue here considering the time, so it's not long and I'm off.........

quite enjoyable........but..

it's getting past it's sale date now.........an upgrade is needed I think :-k

Now it's off to use my first FP..........

from 0mph to 60mph(100kmh) is bit to much for me 8-[  [-o<  :wink:

Now where have I see this before :-k

A little sit down.........hello.....whats this...

and this.........

and........Booooooooo :sick:  :wink:

Well that was pretty cool 8)

Well lunch needed now.........so here's a photo interlude.........before I use my next FP........and I bet you can guess where that will be :P  :wink:

and another nice pic............

Well..........it's taken me four days to get here..........but it's time for :D/  :D/

Talk about Twilight Zone......and that boiler 8-[  :-#

Imagineering at it's best.........Only from Disney :D/  :D/  =D>  =D>

Just out of T0T in time for.........

HSM2:School's Out.........

Don't kids just love it :D/  :D/

Well its time to say goodbye to the studios, dinner beckons.......

So goodbye Walt and Mickey......

Before going back to the Hotel.......saw this while walking through the Village.........are they lost or something :P

Well I'm all full, lovely dinner..........

It's gone 10.00pm and I'm in the Disneyland Park..........

Joy of the Day

I love Disney's Fantillusion..........But The Summer Candleabration and Enchanted Fireworks to me makes the Holiday. The ooo's......the cheers......the enchanted looks on the children faces (and adults for that matter)..and yes the tears of JOY.......all adds up to make this display indeed Enchanted.
Yes I've see it before this week.......but why not join me now.....and enjoy the JOY.....of CANDLEABRATION AND THE ENCHANTED FIREWORKS

[youtube:1z9tbi1t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTpG79kYbI[/youtube:1z9tbi1t]

More to come.

David

Javey74

Bravo.....Bravo.... =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  Epcot Boy  :D/  :D/  :D/

Wonderful as ever.. :D/  :D/  :D/

Another 2 splendid saga's.  I must admit those crowds look frightening, and it's a shame a missed the cavalry on horseback through the village, I would have loved to have been there to see that... :D

Looking forward to the next installment.. :wink:  :D