Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteKristof, in your opening post you somewhat 'confirm' the expansion to be happening. But you still talk about rumoured attractions.

Technically, when an expansion is not officially announced, it's still a rumour...  :wink:

Maarten

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"i was amazed when i found out their was a ride exactly the same as RnRC :p

The coaster is called Xpress (former Superman the Ride) at Walibi World (former Six Flags Holland). It opened in 2000, 2 years before the Parisian Rock 'n RollerCoaster.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"i was amazed when i found out their was a ride exactly the same as RnRC :p

The coaster is called Xpress (former Superman the Ride) at Walibi World (former Six Flags Holland). It opened in 2000, 2 years before the Parisian Rock 'n RollerCoaster.

What is it with European parks and name changes?

mehdi5

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Maarten"

What is it with European parks and name changes?
The park and ride changed names since Six Flags sold it's European parks and so the new owner didn't have the rights to it's original theme.

Remco K.

Quote from: "mehdi5"The park and ride changed names since Six Flags sold it's European parks and so the new owner didn't have the rights to it's original theme.
Actually, the park opened as Walibi Flevo, then changed to Six Flags Holland, to finally change to Walibi World. :P

Let's get it back on-topic again...

Kristof

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "mehdi5"The park and ride changed names since Six Flags sold it's European parks and so the new owner didn't have the rights to it's original theme.
Actually, the park opened as Walibi Flevo, then changed to Six Flags Holland, to finally change to Walibi World. :P

Let's get it back on-topic again...

Actually, it opened as "Flevohof" before it was taken over by the Belgian Walibi.  :wink:

pussinboots

Haha. See?

Remco K.

Quote from: "Kristof"Actually, it opened as "Flevohof" before it was taken over by the Belgian Walibi.  :wink:
Oh my gosh... you're right! Isn't the entrance area of the Xpress part of the former Flevohof? I forgot about that! ;)

murkai

Ehh, I'm really hoping this doesn't happen..  :( These rides just don't suit WDS, with or without excessive theming!

Aveen2008

I am not sure how keen I am on those 3 rides, especially the first one because it looks so scary, however If they do appear in the parks I would love to see the theming and imagine they will probably look great!:)

I would love to see something done with the Studio Tram Tour though. Do they not understand how boring most of it is appart from Catasrophy Canyon? It really needs some money put into it!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Fever

I find the half pipe a very odd choice, unless it's a smaller version. It depends if they are adding rides simply for capacity, or are aiming for teens aswell as kids.

I'm sure they will pull it off in style, I just hope they don't start cramming when I'm waiting for the day they actually expand.

Themeing wise, I wonder if we will see classic Disney Mickey and pals, Pixar Disney or classic animation Disney. They have a wealth of choice and if Riverbend Mountain-(my Pocahontas Splash) never appears over the road, then I'm gonna wanna see something Pocahontas themed pretty quick!  [-o<
Welcome foolish mortals

Kristof

I've updated the first topic and topic title with the latest information on the Toy Story Land after the article on Laughing Place yesterday:

Quote from: "Laughing Place"In addition WDI are looking to add a plethora of new attractions in a Toy Story­-inspired mini-land that will take its cue from A Bug's Land at Disney's California Adventure Park. The working title for this area is Toy Storyland and the area will reside alongside the new Ratatouille dark ride. This will require a repositioning of the Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic as these two additions will be "inside" the tram route. Toy Storyland will provide up to five kid-friendly attractions and a Meet 'n' Greet area. The theme is likely to be Woody's Roundup from the fictional TV show from the two movies. Lasseter is hopeful that Toy Storyland will be ready to greet guests at around the time that the third movie is released in June '10 but it is likely to be later than that due to the significant work that will be required to alter the tram tour route.

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID512310.asp

david

just a thought- you could make the half-pipe coaster toy story themed by making it look like the hot wheels track in andy's room - all it needs is making it look plasticy

but im sure imagineering could do an even better job than that

experiment627

So, does this mean that Woody will leave Frontierland sometime soon?  :wink:

I like the idea of having a uniting theme to these smaller attractions. And, considering what an amazing job they've done with "Cars", why should anyone be worried about the theming of these "carnival" rides? (Yes, I am also talking about that half-pipe rumour  :wink: )

Riebi

Quote from: "experiment627"So, does this mean that Woody will leave Frontierland sometime soon? :wink:

Oh I´m sure they can change the whole resorts name again into:

ToyStoryLands Resort Paris

Is that the imagineering theming list?!:

[strike:1yfd77ng]1. Something great never seen before[/strike:1yfd77ng] (noo nooo to expensive)
2. Toy Story I
3. Toy Story II
4. Toy Story III
5. Buzz Lightyear
6. Something with woooooddy (cause everyone loves him)
7. Finding Nemo
8. Cars
9. Copy a theme from the us parks
10. copy a theme from the asian parks
11. make something new

I mean I love toy story! I love the movie! Really I doooo! But I don´t wanna see a Toy Story Attraction in every corner of DLRP.
We have THREE!!! (Buzz, Pizza Planet, Round up) locations that use the Toy Story theme in DLP
Next one: WDS.

Thank you for this great repeating. It´s getting boring now.  :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...