Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

Hi all,

I gotta say looked better than i thought. The plants need more time to mature and soften it but overall i think to myself times change and walt wanted kids to dream and i'm sorry to say it but kids have different ideas to us sometimes. i'll reserve my final decision to halloween when we return again but hey we got a new area and rides people. We needed something here and times change i guess.

No flames people i won't bite  ;)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

tubbsy

Thats great to hear. And it'll be interesting to see how it compares at Halloween to what you've seen as I know one concern is how will it look and last in the colder months.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

dagobert

Kristof has posted some pictures of TSPL on his photosmagiques website.
http://www.photosmagiques.com/

Why didn't WDI place the parachute tower in the forest, like they did with RC Racer. I think there would be a better location to hide the enormous structure. Wasn't there enough place?

bigrossco

sure is great to see the pics it actuly looks quite good shame about the que's though!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RiverRogue

As I haven't read it elsewhere yet (though I didn't really check, I'll admit), I'm happy to report that those somewhat faded-looking parachute fabrics have been replaced over night to make way for more saturated versions that fit the land's color scheme.

So yeah, I guess that makes the attraction even more visible, but it's good news nevertheless!

Tuvok

Today the que for the Parachute Drop was a whopping 120 minutes. Toy Story Playland is realy attracting a lot of people. I don't wanna know what the waittime for RC Racer was today...
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

PetiteSirene

I guess the queues are bound to be really long to start with, after all its a new addition and everyone wants to try the new rides. Hopefully things will calm down (though probably not for a while) does anyone know how the opening of these rides affected the Queues if at all for the rest of the Studios?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

tubbsy

Quote from: "Tuvok"Today the que for the Parachute Drop was a whopping 120 minutes. Toy Story Playland is realy attracting a lot of people. I don't wanna know what the waittime for RC Racer was today...
:shock: Right kids, toilet and food before we join the queue line! If you dont see us come out the other end by the end of the day, send in a search party! :lol:
Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I guess the queues are bound to be really long to start with, after all its a new addition and everyone wants to try the new rides. Hopefully things will calm down (though probably not for a while) does anyone know how the opening of these rides affected the Queues if at all for the rest of the Studios?
I was wondering if it would make much difference at this time of year? With it being the first week for TSPL and it being peak season?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"I guess the queues are bound to be really long to start with, after all its a new addition and everyone wants to try the new rides. Hopefully things will calm down (though probably not for a while) does anyone know how the opening of these rides affected the Queues if at all for the rest of the Studios?

I doubt it petit serene. These have very low capacity and therefore will always have problems with wait times. Look at Dumbo and Orbitron, their waits are always pretty high too.

THis was my major concern (asthetics aside).  Walt Disney spent a fortune on researching how they could run multiple cars to aid capacity when they built the Matterhorn in the 50's, and they installed two tracks. In the 70's, when Space Mountain opened, they invested a fortune on using computer systems to allow multiple cars to be on the same track. Later in the 70's they plussed this with Big Thunder to have the two track loading and dispatch system. And now it feels like we have gone so backwards with RC Racer.

Yep, what they don't get about the capacity is they think about the people throughput where all three rides still do not touch PotC capacity when you put them together. And yet for an individual guest to ride all three, the combined queing time will be 3 - 5 hours - for carnival rides I can go to a local park for and hop on with next to no wait.

It will be interesting to see how this goes, but the waits for Crush Coaster and the Carpets have remained pretty consistant since opening and I suspect this will too.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yep, what they don't get about the capacity is they think about the people throughput where all three rides still do not touch PotC capacity when you put them together. And yet for an individual guest to ride all three, the combined queing time will be 3 - 5 hours - for carnival rides I can go to a local park for and hop on with next to no wait.

It will be interesting to see how this goes, but the waits for Crush Coaster and the Carpets have remained pretty consistant since opening and I suspect this will too.
:shock:
That´s a really interesting point dave. It will be even more interesting if the park will get the attention of the europe customers. How much visitors do they have at the moment? 5.6 millions? Mostly people that spent not the whole day there? If some day the european customer take this park as a serious destination and theme park this low capacity of crush and TSPL ... will be a big problem. How could they handle this park with a normal disney park attendance? Today it´s a problem for me to wait 90 minutes for crush. low attendance of the park in mind it would be a disaster. They have to invest in high capacity attractions now. And that very fast. If the european  audience take the park one day as a serious disney park, a park to go for a weekend with much details, theme, story and fun WDS could collapse. At the moment I only can say: What a luck that the european guests are that less impressed by WDS  :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

DisneyMAD..Woops

I've just got back from disney, and I was there on the opening day of TSPl, the queue for parachute drop said 120 mins but it was actually about 80. It was really good because you can see LOADS! It was quite scary for a little kids ride.  I was a bit disssapointed with the cast members though, because there werer samll children being told by their parents to go and play on the objects by the side of the queue area.

RC Racer - AMAZING! When you sit at the front you get a good view, 90 mins to queue - not too bad!
If you do go onto it though, if in a pair or a three, they are always calling for 1 person to go on, so if you are in a pair, decide to split up and go on seperate cars - 70 mins wait turned into 5!

I, personally can't understand why slinky had a 3 hour wait time. It wasn't very good. I'm lucky I didn't have to queue because my mum's in a wheelchair so we went in the wheelchair entrance without queueing. I like it though because it has a special car for wheelchair people, where the side folds down and the wheelchair person can slide across - that impressed me.
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

Tuvok

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yep, what they don't get about the capacity is they think about the people throughput where all three rides still do not touch PotC capacity when you put them together. And yet for an individual guest to ride all three, the combined queing time will be 3 - 5 hours - for carnival rides I can go to a local park for and hop on with next to no wait.

:shock:
That´s a really interesting point dave. It will be even more interesting if the park will get the attention of the europe customers. How much visitors do they have at the moment? 5.6 millions? Mostly people that spent not the whole day there? If some day the european customer take this park as a serious destination and theme park this low capacity of crush and TSPL ... will be a big problem. How could they handle this park with a normal disney park attendance? Today it´s a problem for me to wait 90 minutes for crush. low attendance of the park in mind it would be a disaster. They have to invest in high capacity attractions now. And that very fast. If the european  audience take the park one day as a serious disney park, a park to go for a weekend with much details, theme, story and fun WDS could collapse. At the moment I only can say: What a luck that the european guests are that less impressed by WDS  :(

5,6 milion for the Studios? Try 2,6 milion (source: TEA Theme Index 2009).

WDS needs to grow and by that I mean expand in land size. Studio Tram Tour needs to be pushed to the back, so there will be a lot of space for future development. There needs to be a REAL Hollywood Boulevard (like Main Street) and a lagoon for nighttime entertainment (Fantasmic, World of Color, what ever). Then it will be a full blown Disney park. With TSP it's definately growing in a positive direction on theming (whether you like the theme or not). I'd pick TSP over the 'backlot area' anytime. What a concrete mess that is. Ratatouille will be awesome. A full immersive Paris environment. Great!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

disneyrules

Welcome back disneymad...woops
wow a 3 hour queue for slinkys zig zag spin i thought the queue would be a lot smaller.
Hopefully the queues will decrease after its been open for a few weeks soon for everyone going. With these queues so big does this mean thsat crushs coaster had a smaller queue?
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

PetiteSirene

I totally understand Davewasbaloo, although I should have said that I didnt expect there to be much of a time difference when the land has settled in there is always a little bit of a 'wow new attraction!' buzz. After the initial excitement you will probably find that people who go to the parks more often skip certain rides (for example we don't go on Carpets or Cars unless theres no real queue, been there done that which means 1 less group in the queue.) I'm not very good at explaining myself :? but I agree it wont make that much difference, but it will be interesting to see.

I have to admit that the studios fail totally on the one thing my husband was taught when working at Disneyland. That NO queue should be longer that 90 minutes. If it is then your doing something wrong! Unfortunatly a few of the studios rides dont fit this criteria and its not slow cast members butjust the rides themselves. Rides like crush always have long queues. The equivelent in Alton Towers had a 40 minute queue whilst rides like Air and Oblivion were walk ons! What ever happened to the days my husband talked about where they had 30 seconds to unload and load the trains on Space Mountain before sending them on their way?

However having said that, the more capacity a ride the more room it takes up. PotC is a large ride, as is IASW. Bigger rides = more money spent and the circle goes on and on :(. However to end this post on a positive the long queues do indicate that the rides are popular with the guests if the queues are so long! :)

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

davewasbaloo

A little thought...a friend of mine in WDI told me it would have only cost €10m more (so a little over 10%) to have TSMM. WHich would have had greater guest satisfaction?

Sadly petit serene, the formula for Disney has changed. Now they work on the basis of each guest riding 9-11 attractions a day and programme the development of attractions on that basis :(
since 2001 (many before that)