Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest3474

We are basically looking at a Disney-fied version of the Dino Dipper at Legoland Windsor.

[youtube:1ekwi3tr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P14GX4VtIEE[/youtube:1ekwi3tr]

As for the plane, that is some real quality theming. Let's hope the standards don't go anywhere below this, and we could be looking at the best-themed land in the park!  :D/

tubbsy

Less the Legobricks that dig into your back every time you go down a slope!
 :shock: Ouch!  :lol:
Fun little ride  :D
Paultons Park Dragon Ride roundabout goes forwards then backwards.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SM:M3

Quote from: "Whip"As for the plane, that is some real quality theming. Let's hope the standards don't go anywhere below this, and we could be looking at the best-themed land in the park!  :D/

Exactly, the rides may be dubious but the themeing will be sublime, looking at the HKDL art even the bins are themed as toys, I mean, this is some level of detail =D>

Also, I hope the next thing they do is work on the Backlot (Parking Lot)

montaguewarner

Amazing! I love the theming and Am i being too hopefull for soft openings when i go in July! haha!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

electricdreams

Looking good but i was hoping for more from the slinky ride.
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "electricdreams"Looking good but i was hoping for more from the slinky ride.

I think because the slinky ride isn't tall and it's in the middle of the area and not the outskirts we wont see much of it until opening  :( .

JelleP

@WDSfans: The maximum speed of RC Racer will be 76km/h (47 mph).

And

@DLPtrivia: The new Walt Disney Imagineering book reveals a Hamm based attraction called "When Pigs Fly" was considered for Toy Story Playland.

Just two interesting Twitter-facts ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

davewasbaloo

WEll we got back last night, and even though we had a great time, seeing the construction showed this to be worse than I feared.... :evil:
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

how so?

Disneydavid

So... lately , i was thinking , but you know , i made my last toy story playland , so here it is... online on Youtube! ;)
[youtube:8uhnjdpx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoh8eMjpgiM[/youtube:8uhnjdpx]

- we might get back sooner then you wish , so stay tuned! -

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "DopeyDad"how so?

You can see these carnival rides from a number of other areas of the park, and the tram tour seems really fragmented now too. Plus these are all slow loading low capacity rides. Sure people will enjoy them, and my kids want to try the area out, but seeing it in real life in test mode it is definately more Blackpool/6 Flags than Disney.

DopeyDad

oh! is it finished?

davewasbaloo

No, not yet, but having grown up around Disney parks for over 35 years, it is looking like the concept art, which is also the antithesis of what Walt was shooting for in his parks.

DopeyDad

if you say so

ford prefect

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"No, not yet, but having grown up around Disney parks for over 35 years, it is looking like the concept art, which is also the antithesis of what Walt was shooting for in his parks.

I think that you and I agree in a disagree-ing kind of way!

The concept of TSPL is strong.  It is a child's imaginative playground for his toys, oversized for us to enjoy.  I get and I like the concept.  I like the look of the concept art and the subsequent execution of the rides.  

I think the area will be a good addition to Disneyland Paris.

Where I disapprove of the idea is that the area does not fit in with the original concept of the Studios park.  The park needs to reassess its place and identity.  If it was less of a Studios idea and more of "Disney's Imagination Park" I think the whole idea would work better and the TSPL would be less of a sore thumb.

As for Walt's ideas.  I have always believed his central thoughts to be:  An area where Adults and Children could play together as a family and that Disneyland should never be finished.  We should always keep moving forward.

The core idea was that story and imagination should be king, I think TSPL fits well with Walt Disney, it is the lack of cohesion and coherence in the design and concept of the Studios park that is really annoying.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!