Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

No opening date has been announced and in fact, the latest we've heard is that the opening could be late August 2010.

ulak

Quote from: "Anthony"No opening date has been announced and in fact, the latest we've heard is that the opening could be late August 2010.

Oh, nooo...  :cry:  Thx yo :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Anthony"No opening date has been announced and in fact, the latest we've heard is that the opening could be late August 2010.

thanks 4 the info update Anthony,if you have any new updates please advise us ASAP :) thanks once again

P.S-Dont you think it will be ready by july since disney promised it would be ready for summer 2010 right? 8)Also knowing that the tram tour will be closed from march till may,Shows that the toy story playland area which will take some of the old tram tour area would be finished by end of may :shock:   I have a feeling they are saying it will be ready for august just to play it safe( as usual) [-o<

Lets keep our fingers crossed,cause for my summer 2010 trip I wanna visit when the new theme area opens! :(

CafeFantasia

Is this site related to WDSFans.com? I can't remember. Too many different websites. Anyway, here's a photo they posted of the Toy Story Playland model:

http://twitpic.com/z738l/full

dagobert

Although the model doesn't look bad, I'm still not sure what to think about TSPL. I think I have to wait until it is finished to judge.

Kristof

Quote from: "Alan"Is this site related to WDSFans.com?

Look in the header...  :wink:

davewasbaloo

No comments from me, you know how I feel, but if you watch towards the end of this video, you will see HK's version (now if we were getting the muppet alk arounds, Grizzly Peak or Mystic Point style attractions, I would be more excited).

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/318
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Just came to post that:

[youtube:25s6khan]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYPFy4VYbU[/youtube:25s6khan]

Also spot Uncle John looking over it!

Anthony

"And this Studio Tram Tour thing over here, what are you going to do about THAT?"

The HK land is basically a mirrored version of the one originally designed for Paris, so that's "our" model he's looking over. They obviously didn't bother making another. I wonder where he is there, Paris, HK, Glendale?

CafeFantasia

Also in that video:

penfold12

Well, after watching the video, this addition the the park really does sit in the "cars race rally" mould for me. The kind of attraction I have no interest at all on riding, but brings much needed theming to the park.

If it looks anywhere near like the models, then it will be a nice addition, just not my thing at all. If anything hopefully it will bring some much needed greenery to the concrete carpark that is WDS

dagobert

We have ridden Cars Race Rally and it was a lot of fun, because the "cars" soin really fast with two adults in the back row.

luke85

Quote from: "dagobert"We have ridden Cars Race Rally and it was a lot of fun, because the "cars" soin really fast with two adults in the back row.

I totally agree, I was really surprised as to how quick they moved, it was great fun!

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Anthony"The HK land is basically a mirrored version of the one originally designed for Paris, so that's "our" model he's looking over. They obviously didn't bother making another. I wonder where he is there, Paris, HK, Glendale?

I think he could be looking at Hong Kong Disneyland model Anthony but I could be wrong.. Is that a Jungle Cruise boat behind RC Racer? I know on the HKDL expansion plan map TSPL is beside Adventureland. As I said I could be wrong!

Quote from: "Alan"

Kristof

QuoteI think he could be looking at Hong Kong Disneyland model Anthony but I could be wrong.. Is that a Jungle Cruise boat behind RC Racer? I know on the HKDL expansion plan map TSPL is beside Adventureland. As I said I could be wrong!

It's definitely the Paris model.  What you're referring to is in fact the power supply, themed to a gas station.  :)