TRON: Legacy (2010)

Started by Anthony, July 31, 2008, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

Right here goes. If you take these 4 images and overlay them on top of each other, you get the basic structure of an HTML page but with most of the text in code. I'm not going to go into the cypher, but its basically A=$, b= *£" etc.
What you end up with is a block of text and some co-ordinates. The first number is the rows down, and the second the columns. Therefore 2,4=F.

Y E A I H
O C S F T
I N V O L
L A R D M
B S H N B

2,4   3,5   1,1   5,4   3,2   4,1   1,4   3,3   1,2   5,2
F      L       Y     N      N     L      I       V     E      S
Flynn Lives. There is a web site www.flynnlives.com where this nicepicture came from

Have a go at clicking on the bouncing spider at the bottom  of the main web page !!!!!

Pete's Dragon

There is also a new web site that's just popped up. Strangely, the name is on the coin.
www.homeoftron.com

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Have a go at clicking on the bouncing spider at the bottom  of the main web page !!!!!
Got it :)

I'm going to have to watch Tron again soon so I can take all this in properly.

Fantastic advertising already though. Disney is winning major geek points.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Have a go at clicking on the bouncing spider at the bottom  of the main web page !!!!!
Got it :)

I'm going to have to watch Tron again soon so I can take all this in properly.

Fantastic advertising already though. Disney is winning major geek points.

Darn tooting. If there is one film that needs a good viral internet campaign then its TR2N. Its a perfect fit of source and material.
Roll on Comic-Con on Thursday and the end of the countdown!!

P.S. I want one of those Flynn's Arcade coins, and I want it NOW !!!!!!
P.P.S. At the bottom of www.flynnlives.com is a Terms of Use link, and at the bottom of that is a handy contact email address. Have just sent them an email asking how I can get my hands on one of those coins. Fingers crossed.

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"P.S. I want one of those Flynn's Arcade coins, and I want it NOW !!!!!!
Whilst we're on "I wants", I want a "Flynn's Arcade" building somewhere in Walt Disney Studios, maybe part of some Backlot street sets, that doubles up as the entrance to a high-tech Tron dark ride of some description...

I'm sure WDI are watching this one closely for future Tomorrowland source material anyway, and hoping the movie people don't pull another Atlantis/Treasure Planet.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"Whilst we're on "I wants", I want a "Flynn's Arcade" building somewhere in Walt Disney Studios, maybe part of some Backlot street sets, that doubles up as the entrance to a high-tech Tron dark ride of some description...

I'm sure WDI are watching this one closely for future Tomorrowland source material anyway, and hoping the movie people don't pull another Atlantis/Treasure Planet.

There's seems to be a lot of buzz that there will be a Flynn's Arcade opening very close to the Comic-Con convention centre. The coins came in envelopes with a mailing address 1/2 away from C-Con !!

But as for DLP.....yes I was a Tron themed ride. I want to be sitting at an arcade box, and suddenly have my seat flung backwards (with me attached) and into a MCP themed rollercoaster. I'm thinking RnRC, facing backwards like Indy use to be.

Oh,oh,oh. Or a Tron Disc style game where parents can take naughty children and tie them up and throw plastic discs at them  :twisted:

peep

Considering you're really looking forward to this (and cracked the code on the awesome viral marketing site) I'm surprised you haven't posted the new pics yet!

I'm just going to give you guys the link to the Total Film article about it...LINK.

Also the film is now called Tron Legacy
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "peep"Considering you're really looking forward to this (and cracked the code on the awesome viral marketing site) I'm surprised you haven't posted the new pics yet!

I'm just going to give you guys the link to the Total Film article about it...LINK.

Also the film is now called Tron Legacy

Well, what can I say....I've been busy today  :cry:

Anyway, great pictures, bad title. Sorry, but I dont like it. It reminds be of the 4th Bourne book that was written after Robert Ludlum died, strangely enough called the Bourne Legacy.

Top marks for the light cycles, things are looking good.
Still no word back from flynnlives.com about getting one of those tokens :(

Anthony

Not a huge fan of the name. "Legacy" makes it sound old-fashioned.

Nor the pictures, actually. Where's the colour?

davewasbaloo

I am so excited about this movie, I have been a TRON nerd since the very beginning, and I used to get so excited in the Light Cycle section of the People Mover at Disneyland, and when the programmes would march as a part of the Electrical Parade - it was such an exciting time, and made me want to learn so much more about comp sci!
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

Well, according to http://www.cinemablend.com, the recent Tron viral campaign led to a recreaction of Flynn's arcade pretty close to the Comic Con Convention.
As well as the classic arcade machines, there was apparently a secret room which had lots of concept artwork and other stuff.
But the icing on the cake was, well, watch the video and see. Be prepared for a lot of overexcited and amazed (and down right lucky :( ) people screaming at the end

[youtube:28quf0cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrew4XtbjrU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:28quf0cs]

peep

That looks like one awesome event. Disney really know how to market major films don't they?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Agent Lex

Quick update from Comic-Con:
1) I didn't get into the Disney 3D panel where Tron was shown, simply because of scheduling issues. Those issues being that Disney was scheduled before Twilight, so all the Twilight fans got to the line stupidly early.
2) Nonetheless, I managed to hit up the event that evening, get a Flynn's Arcade coin and see the lightcycle. Awesome stuff.
3) Hi-res version of the new trailer at http://www.flynnlives.com/derez/

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Agent Lex"Quick update from Comic-Con:
1) I didn't get into the Disney 3D panel where Tron was shown, simply because of scheduling issues. Those issues being that Disney was scheduled before Twilight, so all the Twilight fans got to the line stupidly early.
2) Nonetheless, I managed to hit up the event that evening, get a Flynn's Arcade coin and see the lightcycle. Awesome stuff.
3) Hi-res version of the new trailer at http://www.flynnlives.com/derez/

Scum ! Scum,scum,scum,scum,scum.............I hate you

:P

EDIT: Ok, just watched the trailer. Now I know its the one they showed last year, and is basically test-footage. But the only time I've seen it is a dodgy cam off of Youtube from last year convention.
Seeing it now in glorious HD..........I think I just wet myself. Yes I was over-excited about a new Tron film before, but it's just reached a whole new level. The world looks awesome (if a little washed-out of colour. Crank the Saturation up a bit please, especially the blues), the Lightcycles are awesome, the de-aging of Jeff Bridges ( the most underrated and underappreciated actor in Hollywood, Fact) looks awesome.

In summary, AWESOME !!!!!!! Have to go now and change.