WDW | New Fantasyland expansion

Started by Remco K., July 21, 2008, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Has this picture of the "Dueling Dumbos" been posted yet?
http://twitpic.com/hgx5b

It's a shame they've decided to put it in a corner, and on ground level. Apparently two versions of the Flying Carpets ride haven't made them rethink that.

I wonder if the Casey Jr train is a prop or a remnant of a canceled plan to add that ride?

charlied

Aren't the Duelling Dumbos meant to be replacing Toon Town. Maybe Goofy's Barnstormer could be rethemed somehow into Casey Jr.

dagobert

Until now the Disneyland Park in Paris is the biggest Disneyland style park in terms of size. Do you know if the Magic Kingdom will be the biggest after the expansion?

SM:M3

I don't think so, I think this "new" Fantasyland will take over Toon Town Fair, so I don't think the park will get bigger. Anyway, I think TDL is bigger than the Magic Kingdom, and Paris is bigger than TDL.

CafeFantasia

Here's your answer. Even with the new Fantastyland expansion, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris will still be the largest Disneyland-style park in the World.

Epic Win for Europe. Epic Fail for America:

Columbiad

Quote from: "Alan"Here's your answer. Even with the new Fantastyland expansion, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris will still be the largest Disneyland-style park in the World.

Wow, fantastic picture, Alan. Ive been looking for a comparison picture like this for agggeesss.
Daaaww... makes me so proud that DLP is the biggest.  :D

Columbiad

Quote from: "Alan"Here's your answer. Even with the new Fantastyland expansion, Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris will still be the largest Disneyland-style park in the World.

Wow, fantastic picture, Alan. Ive been looking for a comparison picture like this for agggeesss.
Daaaww... makes me so proud that DLP is the biggest.  :D

luke85

Look at poor Hong Kong Disneyland... it's so tiny :(

alka1

Epic fail for America? How so? Maybe it's just me, but park size doesn't translate to how good a park is. If I remember correctly, Disneyland has more attractions stuffed into it than any other park. Small, but packs quite a punch in the entertainment/attraction category!

dagobert

Thanks for the picture Alan.

Of course size doesn't matter for the quality, but I was just interested if DLP is bigger and not if any other park has more attractions or shows.

pussinboots

Hong Kong really is frightfully tiny. If its borders were implemented in Disneyland Paris, you would not be able to reach the Rivers of the Far West.

dagobert

"Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" in the MK at WDW is changing its name to "Prince Charming Regal Carrousel" on June 1.

In my opinion it is a very strange and lame name. I don't like it at all.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... ney-world/

luke85

I don't really understand why there is a need to change the name? The only thing I can think of is that when the Fantasyland expansion opens there would be 3 "Cinderella" titled attractions in Fantasyland and they wanted something different for the Carousel?

SM:M3

Disney has confirmed it is re-tooling the Fantasyland expansion to make it more appealing to boys

dagobert

Quote from: "SM:M3"Disney has confirmed it is re-tooling the Fantasyland expansion to make it more appealing to boys

Can boys meet Beast and all the other Prince Charmings? :lol:

I still don't get how Disney could think that an expansion that will just attract girls will be an success. I think Disney is afraid of Harry Potter. While Universal's attendance number is up, Disney's is down. That proves that people don't come to Disney just because it is Disney. They want to see quality rides and not just meet and greets with princesses.