New animatronic phantom added to Phantom Manor?

Started by -breeno-, July 18, 2008, 07:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

First of all very very sorry if this has been posted before, i did a search and couldn't find it.

During my trip to DLRP last week i noticed something in Phantom Manor i didn't see during my last trip (July 07), i'll put it in a spoiler for people not wanting to know what it is as it is kinda in an important part of the ride.

[spoiler:o8qpdyd8]At the end of the stretch room when the lights go off, if you look up you use to see lightening, but when i went on it on Monday (i think) there was no lightening but the Phantom shaking from what looks like a chang.[/spoiler:o8qpdyd8]

Now i am wondering is it new or has it been there for a while?  I didn't see anything posted here about so i thought it was new but talking to casschr05 on the chat he says he can remember a phantom in September but isn't too sure.

Thanks very much in advance :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

That has always been there.  It's the Phantom hanging Melanie's fiancee.  :)

RockNRoller

I always look up for that however in more recent years I find its not as easy to see and I'm sure people do miss the effect.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

-breeno-

Thanks for clearing that up Kristof :)  I was certain i've never seen it before.
- Walt Disney

pussinboots

It seems to be a little clearer since the refurb. But still, I'd bet that 9 out of 10 people don't make it out as a human figure.

Javey74

Well when I went in October 2007, I was concentrating really hard up at the roof when the lighting started to flash, and to be honest I still wasn't sure what I saw when the light was flickering.  Really hard to determine with the lighting against blackness, it all happens that quick... :?

Put it this way, it wasn't obvious... :roll:

If someone could have loaned me a set of ladders then and there, I could let you all know for sure.. :lol:  :lol:

BlueClouds

I think it was a lot easier to see when I was at DLRP last week than it ever has been before. I had always knew it was there but could never make it out until this year.
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

MagicStar

Yeah - it is indeed better to see now!
During the rehab, they made it a lot clearer  :mrgreen:
You can see the fiancee and the phantom right beside him, while it is hanging him.
Well done  :D/
A lot guests recognize it better now!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "Kristof"That has always been there.  It's the Phantom hanging Melanie's fiancee.  :)

Wait! I thought the Phantom WAS Melanie's fiancee! And he "mysteriously vanished" the day of the wedding?

Anthony

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Wait! I thought the Phantom WAS Melanie's fiancee! And he "mysteriously vanished" the day of the wedding?
The Phantom is Melanie's father, who didn't want her fiancé (a worker from Big Thunder Mining Co) to take her away from Thunder Mesa. So, he disposed of him and Melanie continued to wander the halls in her wedding dress, waiting for her fiancé to arrive for the wedding, until she died... and beyond. The Phantom laughs because he got his wish - she will never leave.

I'm really glad to hear you can see the hanging better now (that doesn't sound good, does it?). Just last week, the stretch room I saw was just completely pitch black when the thunder and lightning struck. :roll:

MinniesBestPal

QuoteThe Phantom is Melanie's father, who didn't want her fiancé (a worker from Big Thunder Mining Co) to take her away from Thunder Mesa. So, he disposed of him and Melanie continued to wander the halls in her wedding dress, waiting for her fiancé to arrive for the wedding, until she died... and beyond. The Phantom laughs because he got his wish - she will never leave.

Oooooh! I thought that her Fiance hung himself (for some reason!) and then she continued to wander the halls in her dress even after death and stuff....

I know the story of Madame Leota though. She was so "in touch" with the other side, when she died the ghosts and whatever dragged her with them into her crystal ball!

Nala_84

Thanks Anthony, now I finally understood the story :mrgreen:

So is there a new animatronic?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

MizzRabbit

I have a question...

I was outside Phantom Manor on the Boot Hill side and I was looking at the windows and I could clearly make out a figure and I saw some light flashing. I'd never noticed it before so I zoomed in and took a picture. It looks like the Phantom. Does anyone know why it's there and if it used to do anything like pull the curtains or something?

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

-breeno-

Quote from: "Nala_84"Thanks Anthony, now I finally understood the story :mrgreen:

So is there a new animatronic?

Nope it's just an old one that i never seen before :P

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I have a question...

I was outside Phantom Manor on the Boot Hill side and I was looking at the windows and I could clearly make out a figure and I saw some light flashing. I'd never noticed it before so I zoomed in and took a picture. It looks like the Phantom. Does anyone know why it's there and if it used to do anything like pull the curtains or something?
I have a question...

I can't remember who it is, i think its either the Phantom or Melanie, i can't really remember what it does other than just being there.  As for why it's there it's just one of them things WDI adds in that makes DLRP so unique :)
- Walt Disney

RnRCj

I'd never known Melanie's fiancee was actually hanging there. :shock:  I'd always thought it was just random flashes of lightning. I shall have to look out next time.