Breeno's trip report - 13th-17th July

Started by -breeno-, July 17, 2008, 11:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know i am now back from my trip to DLRP :cry: We had a great time and once i manage to get everything sorted (packing, photos etc) i will be writing out my trip report along with a few of the 300 photos i had taken (counted them in the airport today, exactly 300 :P ).

So be ready for Breeno's trip report that will have new adventures, old ones, a ride on the manor not to remember and many, many cups of coffee :lol:  All will be reveled in the coming days.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Nicholas-c

Welcome back to the UK :)

Glad you had a good time
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Javey74

Welcome back breeno   :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

Really looking forward now for your photos and that all important trip report, just the little comments you have made already have got me intrigued... :wink:  :D

Clarebelle

Welcome back, cant wait to see the photos!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

toonarmylass

me either get a move on he he he lol

-breeno-

Day 1 is expected to be posted later today, once i get the on the laptop and remember everything i will be starting it.  So day 1 should be posted before the end of the day :)
- Walt Disney

-breeno-

Ok let's get this trip report kicked off :D

Day 1

So the first day of the holiday started at around 6:00am on a N. Ireland morning.  After having a wash, getting dressed etc i went on here to say my last goodbyes before the holiday and that i may be on the forum during the holiday, subject to if the ipod will work.  Then came the 2 hour drive from County Fermanagh to Belfast International Airport, boy did the town look strange very early on a sunday morning, town is usually very busy every day of the week and was extra busy with the 12th celebrations the day before but only very few cars on the road, was a great sight.

We arrived then to the airport and pre-booked our space in the airport car park (any members flying from Belfast International Airport and has a car you should pre-book the car park, alot easier than the normal way) so all we had to do was but the car thing we printed from the e-mail and the gate opened into the car park.  The airport was busy as usual, although there wasn't a big queue for check-in with our flight to CDG.  After getting rid of the luggage we headed for the shops and got a bite to eat (but i only had a sprite, wasn't hungry), bought the latest Liverpool FC magazine for the flight in the WHSmith and then searched for the internet cafe in the airport, but it was after security, which, as usual, had a long queue.  We went past security with ease as usual and proceeded to the rest of the shops, me and my dad both got aftershave (will check what it is later) and i went on the internet cafe for a quick visit back here and i also checked the VEA website to see if the strikes were still on (i heard they were on at the start of the month) but the offical website said nothing.  So onwards to the flight.  Flight was nice and smooth and the chicken and stuffing sandwichs were great! :D

We touched down in CDG at 2:00pm french time and the next VEA coach was at 2:35pm but we didn't have time to stand around, after picking up the bags (tipical one bag wait ages for) we had to search for the part of the terminal the VEA coach stopped, we hadn't been in terminal 1 for a few years so we all forgot where it was but we found it in the end.  When we did reach the hall the coach stops at (32 i think) there was a white bus similar to the yellow ones in the resort stopped there and a man asking people if they were going to DLRP, and if they were pointed them to go on the bus, i though straight away "the strikes still on" and so we entered the bus with our holding our bags (nowhere eles to put them).  The bus went around CDG for a while, i was tex ing a friend so i didn't know where the driver was going but at the bottom of terminal 2 we stopped where a red VEA coach was waiting for us, i though "hang on, what happened with the strike?" but i was happy to be going on a coach with good seats :)

Now here's where the pictures come in so if your only here for the piccys, start reading :P

As the coach got closer and closer to DLRP i was practically glued to the window looking for my first sighting of ToT finished (last time i seen it in real life was last July) and i managed to spot it, heres a photo of it:

We then arrived in NPBC to find this waiting in our room.

I was surprised to see it, as were the rest of us.  We were staying in a admirals floor room so not only did we get the balcony but we got great perks including from 4pm-5pm in the yacht club free coffee, drinks and biscuits, which my dad used to full advantage by using it everyday :P

After spending some time in the yacht club for the free refreshments we headed for the studios via the Disney Village.

I didn't bother going the ToT just yet but my dad wanted to so when he went on it i was busy taking photos of WDS.

When my dad returned from ToT he said that "it was alright" and "a bit disappointing", this confused me after hearing all the good comments about it here, but i still had confidence that it would be great when i went on it the next day as it came from my dad who members who was at DLRP during the same time as me may have seen him looking at brick walls (he's a builder and said he could tell what the wall was made from) :lol:  Anyway we then walked about WDS for a little while, went into a few shops and then left for Disneyland Park were we went on Indiana Jones first as Phantom Manor wasn't working and Big Thunder Mountain's queue was far too long (or was that the other way round?  Never mind), we then went on some more rides and i took some more photos.

After that we then headed out of the park, spent a bit of time in the village and went to the NPBC bar.

And that concludes day 1 of my trip report :)  Hope it wasn't too much or too little, day 2 should be either tonight or tomorrow :D
- Walt Disney

RnRCj

I don't know how on earth you managed to walk right past ToT and not ride it. :shock: I was straight on that thing last time I went! You've got problems sir! :lol:

(Oh, and great photos!)

never2old

Great pics!!

Looking forward to day 2  :D

casschr05

great photos!
sounds like you had a good first day
how could you walk past the Tower of Terror?
saving the best til last :?:

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Thanks for that. I am also staying on the Admirals floor in a couple of weeks so your insight has been of great interest. =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

-breeno-

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy":hello:

Thanks for that. I am also staying on the Admirals floor in a couple of weeks so your insight has been of great interest. =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

There is also another great little perk that will be releved in day 2, which should be either tonight or tomorrow :D
- Walt Disney

Javey74

Quote from: "-breeno-"So the first day of the holiday started at around 6:00am on a N. Ireland morning.    Then came the 2 hour drive from County Fermanagh to Belfast International Airport. We touched down in CDG at 2:00pm french time
Well breeno my first question is nothing to do with DLRP but more about your morning timing to actual touchdown at CDG.  It has me puzzled.... :?:

If your journey started at 6.00am in the morning, say half an hour to get ready, spruced up and say your goodbyes, then 2 hours onto that in trip time, would bring it to 8.30am, you need to be at the airport 2 hours before you fly on average, so that would take you to 10.30...Yet you touched down in CDG at 2.00pm french time, so that would be 1.00pm our time.  I would not believe it takes 2 1/2 hours to fly to Paris from Belfast. From Newcastle it's only about 1 hour 15 mins... :?:  Mmmmmm, something a miss... :mrgreen:

Mind you, trip report looking good already, with those all important first pics,  looking forward to the rest of you're report... :D/

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and pics so far Breeno, I'm looking forward to the rest :mrgreen:

Soap

Great pictures Breeno!!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney