Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Still not seen that ad. Sounds pretty cool though!

The crane was back over Sleeping Beauty Castle last night to re-install the 'Tink' effect.

Probably was just due a clean out  :D

Pic posted julien59 on Disney Central Plaza
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

I'm glad Tink is back. She's has a nice effect and doesn't detract from the rest of the Castle's "look".

She adds a bit more magic to the park.

The Butlin Boy

I must admit, I'm surprised to see Tink back. Does anyone know if or when she'll be used (e.g. in It's Party Time...), or if she'll just be a statue? :-k

Elwell2009

I Agree Willow thought it was a great effect added for the 15th and glad its back. :D

Kris

Judging by the pipe that spirals down the main turret, it'd guess they're pumping something up there again. Woohoo!

Kristof

Silly and pointless if you ask me.

Riebi

Quote from: "Kristof"Silly and pointless if you ask me.

Same here. I loved the 15. birthday but now they should stop this overdecorations everywhere in the park till the 20.

Tink at the castle? Why? Without candleabration?...Or do they think tink will refurb the castle by a magic spell? (Maybe the marketing department make a big BOOM by thinking it could be a good idea to change the name from sleeping beauty´s castle to TINKS Disney Fairy Castle...)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magicalmouse125

It's a interesting choice for Dlrp to keep Tink up there but now that shes been up there so long she just fits in!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Riebi

To watch over sleeping beauty? I see some "fairy-fights" between tink and sleeping beauty´s original fairies. Maybe they could put a mud-pool on this beautiful stage at central plaza to have a wrestling event in it.  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Reiana

I think it's a nice touch to have Tinkerbell at the top of the castle. She doesn't disturb that much.
I only hope it will remain only Tink and nothing else.

The Butlin Boy

Invasion of the Banners:

Source: Mouetto on DCP

Aveen2008

Thanks for the photos Butlin Boy...it's nice to see the new banners are up and about, makes a change from the 15th ones! :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

jennytablina

I'm more tolerant of many things this celebration is doing than others but the banners seem kind of weird.

Are you guys sure they are not just holding off the decorations till later this week?

I mean it just seems kind of weird to me. The celebration theme this year is "party" and likely part "Mickey Mouse is 80!". But for a party it seems a little subdued

I mean, I'm hoping atmosphere in the parks will reflect the Party mood but also there needs to be *something* other than banners about the place. Mind Stars and Cars fits in great at Studios without any real theming to make it work (looks better than the WDW version too!)

I dunno, I know a lot of you want your Park back to normal but its a concept that seems to clash with this theme. I would like at least a couple of streamers and a smattering of Metallic Mickey Balloons which they keep throwing at us in the ads. Not saying I want it to be garish but it would be nice to have a little festive mood going down
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

Kris

I ado agree. Although Minnie's Party Train now has a few too many decorations here and there, that at least reflects a party atmosphere. And the music for Stitch and the main part of It's Party Time too, however the Central Plaza area seems very serious indeed.

Why couldn't these new banners vary in background colour perhaps? To add a little something to Main Street now we don't have those multicoloured decorations we saw backstage? It wouldn't be hard. I'm missing those streamer effects, but not the awful blow-mould blue sign. As for the castle, I'd like to see some form of logo there please. Where DLR and I think MK have a Town Square balloon decoration, I think we could do something similar. But I don't think that's likely just yet :(

Kris

Film crews and an aerial team (probably that big airship thing) were in both parks yesterday it seems. Thank goodness for the good weather! DLRP seems to suffer with dull, damp days when they arrange something like this so Stars 'N Cars and Minnie's Party Train should look wonderful. Less so It's Dance Time :P