Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"...Are they going to scrape vomit up off the Tea Cups and smear it across them?
Quote from: "Anthony"...take down the tasteful decorations, put up tacky new ones, etc. Ooops, being sceptical again. :P

I see we're being as positive as ever hey Ant! :wink:  :P

Quote from: "Anthony"I wonder if there's any chance they'll give the Castle a clean-up or a spot of paint between the two?

That would be nice, they could do it as they take down the decorations, that is of course if they are taking down the decorations... :roll:  :lol:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I see we're being as positive as ever hey Ant! :wink:  :P
I honestly am a lot more positive than most Disney fans (see: all my over-excited posts such as the news of the Toon Studio expansion going ahead, versus those thinking Toy Storyland will be rubbish), but I also won't blindly accept everything Disney or DLRP do as wonderful. Usually, if it's from Entertainment (particularly seasonal entertainment), then I'm sceptical, but if it's from Imagineering, I'll be in love.

At the moment, I LOVE the visuals, logos and advertisements for MMP, but don't really like the idea of daytime dance-alongs on coloured spots all over Central Plaza, or Stitch being a DJ in Discoveryland, or new castle decorations, or the sight of those lampposts, or the possibility of another Studio 1 billboard...

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"or the possibility of another Studio 1 billboard...

*shudder* Please, please no dlrp :P

i will wait until its launched before i say anything about it :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"At the moment, I LOVE the visuals, logos and advertisements for MMP, but don't really like the idea of daytime dance-alongs on coloured spots all over Central Plaza, or Stitch being a DJ in Discoveryland, or new castle decorations, or the sight of those lampposts, or the possibility of another Studio 1 billboard...

I know what you mean, I'm just teasin' ya that's all :wink:  :P

littlemermaid83

When is Mickeys magical party due to end in 2010 exactly?

Or will it be another 15th Anniversary and go on forever? :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kristof

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"When is Mickeys magical party due to end in 2010 exactly?

It will be in March 2010, but there's no exact date yet.  And it won't be prologued.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"When is Mickeys magical party due to end in 2010 exactly?

It will be in March 2010, but there's no exact date yet.  And it won't be prologued.

Sounds good to me. It should be nice to have a period of time without a 'celebration', where DLRP can focus on promoting new attractions and we can have a traditional DLRP, until the 20th anniversary celebrations come along :mrgreen:

littlemermaid83

They have no plans for anything special after this then?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"

They have no plans for anything special after this then?

Only time will tell... :wink:

littlemermaid83

:shock: Hopefully nothing to special that will make me go back again and again lol.

Nicholas-c

Wonder what could be between mickey's magical party and 20th celebrations ? Need magic ? :p
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Wonder what could be between mickey's magical party and 20th celebrations ? Need magic ? :p

I don't think they'll bring back Need Magic? I'm sure there are some ideas floating around Imagineering, but personally,I'm hoping to have a normal DLRP, without any celebrations, focussing promotions on new attractions. Until the 20th anniversary of course. They really don't need any in between, not only are the upcoming (rumoured) attractions good enough to advertise alone, but another celebration may spoil the 20th annivversary :wink:

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I don't think they'll bring back Need Magic? I'm sure there are some ideas floating around Imagineering, but personally,I'm hoping to have a normal DLRP, without any celebrations, focussing promotions on new attractions. Until the 20th anniversary of course. They really don't need any in between, not only are the upcoming (rumoured) attractions good enough to advertise alone, but another celebration may spoil the 20th anniversary :wink:

Ah yes, it would be nice to have a quiet season, i believe everyone who has been pulled in past few years will certainly go again anyway, Whenever i go Disney i end up talking to Brits on holiday and they have all been 2-3 times and love it and will always go, I'm sure they will find a show to do in the summer (Not that they really need it, after all its a theme park! :p)

(Also, Firefox doesn't have Imagineering in the dictionary :o)
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"(Also, Firefox doesn't have Imagineering in the dictionary :o)

Yeah, I've just discovered that too :roll:  :lol:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Wonder what could be between mickey's magical party and 20th celebrations ? Need magic ? :p

I don't think they'll bring back Need Magic? I'm sure there are some ideas floating around Imagineering, but personally,I'm hoping to have a normal DLRP, without any celebrations, focussing promotions on new attractions. Until the 20th anniversary of course. They really don't need any in between, not only are the upcoming (rumoured) attractions good enough to advertise alone, but another celebration may spoil the 20th annivversary :wink:

I hope this too.

Will be a lot lighter on my pockets.  I won't need to go as often then till the 20th Anniversary.