Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I don't know what to think about the new decoration. Why can't they just stop decorating the really beautiful Main Street.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Kristof"This is another creation by wanna-be Imagineers.  DLRP Entertainment should stick to what they do best: shows, parades, characters, ENTERTAINMENT.  Leave decorations to people who are trained and experienced to do so: Imagineers.  Take a look at Belle's Christmas Village (designed by EDLI) and compare it to most of the Halloween decorations... (Remember the Pink Witches decorations last year??)
And those beautiful Fab 5-shaped pumpkins at Disney Village, those are sculpted on property by the department at DLRP that designs and custom builds all the Disney figures for the shop windows.  The difference in quality is HUGE.

Really. So that's why some decorations look consistently good and others look... Well, you know. Very interesting!

Honestly though — to state the obvious — I wish they could do something about that.

(By the way, if this team is also responsible for parade floats, they're actually not completely incompetent. Unless they farm that out to external companies, of course.)

MagicStar

Quote from: "Kristof"Wait 'til you see the Main Street Station and Castle decorations!  :roll:

Hmmm - I hoped a  bit, that the castle will get a rehab after the 15th Celebration :?
Another new decoration for it????!!!!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Wait 'til you see the Main Street Station and Castle decorations!  :roll:
Oh, what's happening with those? Are they going to scrape vomit up off the Tea Cups and smear it across them?

It's fun to berate something before it begins, isn't it? :mrgreen:

MagicStar

Quote from: "Anthony"
Oh, what's happening with those? Are they going to scrape vomit up off the Tea Cups and smear it across them?

It's fun to berate something before it begins, isn't it? :mrgreen:

Yeah - or they evelop it with streamers  :P

jeakat24

Thing is, I think that lampost is quite nice, but it is definately not suitable for our beloved park. It's too cartoony and in your face for main street and the rest of the park has enough to look at and be awed without that addition.
I just think they'll stick out like a sore thumb, especially as you they're not going to be subtle and have one or two, there's going to be loads!

I don't really like the concept of another party year, I can understand why they've done it but it detracts from the really special occasions, like the 15th. I'm still annoyed they carried the 15th on another year, it doesn't make sense, the park is almost 17 years old now  :?  :D

I do like what they're going to do to the character express though, they had to keep it in some form and I love the red polka dots, although it remains to be seen how it look in real life! But if they cut the Tous en train music it will be a travesty!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

daisylovesdisney

i think theye main ideas i have to see, but the posters i love to seen, not what i'm jused to fr0m disney, but nice. it's a shame that the caracter express is going away, but maby minnie can really grove it :D/

i hev know idea what i have to think about the parade, but i have to say i have seen it 2 years in a row, but after the first year i was finisched with the parade! i have to say i just LOVE LOVE LOVE the song!!!!!!! but i have no feeling what so ever for this parade, i have no cleu why, but i just didn't like it all that much.

i was hoping the cinema parade was comming back tot the studio's but unfortiunately it's the motor cars parade. i have to see what this looks like, but i hade no feeling fot this one in wdw, so have to see what paris hade come up with!

but hey who are we to judge maby it's a great party next year!

MagicStar

Quote from: "jeakat24"Thing is, I think that lampost is quite nice, but it is definately not suitable for our beloved park. It's too cartoony and in your face for main street and the rest of the park has enough to look at and be awed without that addition.
I just think they'll stick out like a sore thumb, especially as you they're not going to be subtle and have one or two, there's going to be loads!

I don't really like the concept of another party year, I can understand why they've done it but it detracts from the really special occasions, like the 15th. I'm still annoyed they carried the 15th on another year, it doesn't make sense, the park is almost 17 years old now  :?  :D

I do like what they're going to do to the character express though, they had to keep it in some form and I love the red polka dots, although it remains to be seen how it look in real life! But if they cut the Tous en train music it will be a travesty!

Don´t forget that the 15th celebration attracted a lot of guests. For me it was a good decision to run it 2 years. It was very popular. And I think with the right advertising, Mickeys Magical Party will continue the sucess. I think we donßt have have to see these events from the point of a fan, but from the point of a regular "guest". And therefore it works fantastic!

Clarebelle

can someone confirm the launch date? I have probably missed it in my frantic search.

for some reason I had it in my mind that it was march 28th?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

It is indeed 28th March 2009. :wink:

Clarebelle

but on a disneyland travel agent web site it says it starts the 3rd of April!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Anthony

Wrong... but almost there actually.

It's now looking like a Saturday 4th April 2009 launch on most blurbs I've just pulled up from random websites.

Must have changed since La Rouquine posted the dates on DCP. :-k

Nicholas-c

I take it they wont get rid of 15th stuff until the very end and then it will take them a while to change to the magical party stuff ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

The 15th is definitely due to end on the 7th March, so they'll have almost a month now to change things over - take down the tasteful decorations, put up tacky new ones, etc. Ooops, being sceptical again. :P

I wonder if there's any chance they'll give the Castle a clean-up or a spot of paint between the two?

littlemermaid83

I'm really excited about Mickey's magical Party. :D/

I'm not the only one am i?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!