Third park: Animal kingdom?

Started by bmw1992, July 07, 2008, 08:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmw1992

Is it true Dlrp are making an animal kingdom?

RnRCj

Quite simply:

No.

:)

dlrp-mad

Well this would be news to me. As far as I know, there are definitley no plans to build an Animal Kingdom park - there isn't space!

I heard there were plans to build some sort of park in Spain, but that would be silly - 2 parks in Europe is not going to happen!

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Kristof

This should clarify:

1. A third park will not be build the next 10 years.  Although the agreement with France calls for a third park in 2012 I believe, Euro Disney SCA is not going to meet that requirement and they're going to start renegotiating the agreement very soon.

2. An Epcot-style park was imagined in 1992 as third gate.

3. There is PLENTY of space to put a third park.  There's a large field next to Newport Bay Club that is marked as expansion area for another park.

dlrp-mad

True, however those fields are quite small in comparison to the areas used to build the California Adventure, Epcot and Animal Kingdom Parks. Plus, in my humble opinion, Europe doesn't have the climate for an Epcot and especially not for an Animal Kingdom! Sheesh, poor wildlife.

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Kristof

QuoteEurope doesn't have the climate for an Epcot

Lol why not??  :lol:

Quoteespecially not for an Animal Kingdom! Sheesh, poor wildlife.

It could work out actually!  I'm sure Imagineering is creative enough to create special compounds for the animals during the winter.  

QuoteTrue, however those fields are quite small in comparison to the areas used to build the California Adventure, Epcot and Animal Kingdom Parks.

Let me look up the expansion plan.  Weird you list DCA, they had a very limited space to use because of the close proximity of the neighbouring hotels and convention centre. This is not the case at DLRP.  They can go into any direction.  Existing roads can easily be diverted.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"This should clarify:

1. A third park will not be build to first 10 years.  Although the agreement with France calls for a third park in 2012 I believe, Euro Disney SCA is not going to meet that requirement and they're going to start renegotiating the agreement very soon.

2. An Epcot-style park was imagined in 1992 as third gate.

3. There is PLENTY of space to put a third park.  There's a large field next to Newport Bay Club that is marked as expansion area for another park.

Now I've read this somewhere before... think it was on another forum... But they were flagging it up as a due date the same as the Contractual agreements with the French Govt with the number of Rooms to be available owned/run by Disney by year X... But I can't remember the year for it.

On the same forum they were flagging the idea of Animal Kingdom too which although a nice idea I say wouldn't and couldn't work due to the Climate in Europe, and I posted what I believed to be an unique idea of an EPCOT styled gate with an aim to focus the EU as its more relevant for the Resort being within Europe.... along with the pavilions for thew US and possibly the old British and French Empires!

And as this comes out of the mouth of Raptor I'm feeling all tingly with the ideas of a further gate... but hope the focus is to continue to expand the Studios before adding more options for us

Malin

I had always thought the third park was going to be a indoor water park. In fact I've spoken to people inside the company about this before.

dlrp-mad

Quote from: "Malin"I had always thought the third park was going to be a indoor water park. In fact I've spoken to people inside the company about this before.

Oooh, sounds interesting! An indoor version of Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach would be really good  :D/

Quote from: "Captain Pan"I believed to be an unique idea of an EPCOT styled gate with an aim to focus the EU as its more relevant for the Resort being within Europe.... along with the pavilions for thew US and possibly the old British and French Empires!

That sounds even more interesting. The idea of an EPCOT would be great. A nice British/French empire pavillion would be great for Europe. Far better than an Animal Kingdom. As you said, I just don't think Europe has the climate for it! Not even the imagineers can overcome nature!

Kristof

Quote from: "Malin"I had always thought the third park was going to be a indoor water park. In fact I've spoken to people inside the company about this before.

It's probably one of the many ideas they have/had.  If you're talking about Lava Lagoon, that was actually a small addition for the Disney Hotel guests only and not considered as a hard ticket park.

Quotebut hope the focus is to continue to expand the Studios before adding more options for us

I agree, and in fact, that will happen... soon?!  :wink:

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"As you said, I just don't think Europe has the climate for it! Not even the imagineers can overcome nature!

Again, why not??!!  It's so funny to read, considering they managed to build (successfully) a Magic Kingdom and Studios styled theme parks.  :lol:

Edit: here's that expansion map.
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/324/dl ... ons5hq.jpg

Plenty of room huh???  :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotebut hope the focus is to continue to expand the Studios before adding more options for us

I agree, and in fact, that will happen... soon?!  :wink:
Are you holding Cards close to your chest there Raptor?
Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "dlrp-mad"As you said, I just don't think Europe has the climate for it! Not even the imagineers can overcome nature!

Again, why not??!!  It's so funny to read, considering they managed to build (successfully) a Magic Kingdom and Studios styled theme parks.  :lol:
I agree with the idea that Disney Imagineers can do anything, I just have the small reservation that due to the European Climate (although it is getting warmer) an Animal Kingdom would not be as grand as the Orlando counterpart and more like a city zoo like that of Bristol or a much better Edinburgh Zoo...WAIT somehow they did it in Edinburgh (The Lions were so Pretty and So were the Zebras in the Snow!), just maybe the Imagineers could do it for Paris but I'm still reserved about the Animal Kingdom being another Zoo, although Greater than a normal Zoo!

Krollok

So does Disney own this entire circle?
Or do they buy it piece by piece?

Kellogs

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"in my humble opinion, Europe doesn't have the climate for an Epcot and especially not for an Animal Kingdom! Sheesh, poor wildlife.

Thing is, in England we have West Midlands Safair Park, which features many of the animals that roam around Animal Kingdom, and the climate here in the UK is not the best, but somehow these animals survive just fine in their surroundings, that are nowhere near the level of Animal Kingdom, resembling a field in all honesty.

I think it could work just fine, especially with Disney Imagineering.

Kristof

Quote from: "Krollok"So does Disney own this entire circle?
Or do they buy it piece by piece?

Yes Krollok, all ground within the circle (and even large chunks outside of it) is Disney property.

QuoteThing is, in England we have West Midlands Safair Park, which features many of the animals that roam around Animal Kingdom, and the climate here in the UK is not the best, but somehow these animals survive just fine in their surroundings, that are nowhere near the level of Animal Kingdom, resembling a field in all honesty.

I think it could work just fine, especially with Disney Imagineering.

It's not just in the UK, you can find these kind of parks all over Europe.  There's a great one in Holland called De Beekse Bergen.  

I really think the idea could work if they add more attractions and shows, however, I'm very reserved about it in DLRP.  I would rather see them explore other ideas.

-breeno-

QuoteEdit: here's that expansion map.
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/324/dl ... ons5hq.jpg

Is that an official expansion plan or just an idea?  I've deffiantly seen it before somewhere.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!