When do you feel magical?

Started by charliegal, July 03, 2008, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

For me its going through the gates in Disneyland park and staring down main street.
Thats when I know I'm home  :D

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Mr_B"For me its going through the gates in Disneyland park and staring down main street.
Thats when I know I'm home  :D

Mr_B

Yes, I know that feeling. :) Once you've entered from underneath Main Street Station, and stand there facing Main Street in bright light, there's always first a moment of disbelief... A moment thinking "Wow, am I really here??"... And then, once I see that castle, it hits me. This is known to bring on tears of joy.  :wink:

But indeed, the magical feeling starts when you've booked!

I'll be going next summer. I haven't booked yet, so at the moment I'm feeling more impatient than I am feeling magical.  :wink:
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Aveen2008

Hey, I think the magic starts for me when I am on the DIsney bus and looking around me to see if I can spot one of the hotels ( I nearly always see the Newport Bay first), the balloon (can't spell it's name so I won't try) or the Tower of Terror peaking out from the trees in the distance! Once I spot one of those I get so excited because I know how close I am!!:)

:stitch_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:
Aveen xoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

andrewuk

Two years ago, we stayed in Paris and commuted to the resort. It feels even more magical when you haven't been to the resort for a while and then go into the DLP first thing in the morning before the crowds arrive. On the DVD I filmed at the time a small, enchanted boy toddles straight into another guest, very funny =D>  
I always feel magical watching that disc, it was the hottest day of the very hot summer, 40C in Paris and bright sunshine all day, (although Wishes got cancelled due to a thunderstorm). The park is so beautiful in the sunshine when hardly anyone is there.

Watching home videos, seeing RNRC from the RER or the castle and SM from the Eurostar, the introduction and breakdown parts of 'Just Like We Dreamed it', the atmosphere around the castle before fantillusion starts and of course the immersive e-ticket attractions.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Pete's Dragon

When the VEA bus gets to thebottom of the entrance, and in the distance you can see the Castle. Always get that tingley feeling down my back

I remember in 1988, when I was at WDW, it was seeing Epcot for the first time. I'll never forget driving by and it just appeared right in front of me through a gap in the trees.....truly magical feeling :)

DLP-Photos.com

For me the magic really begins when the bus drives by the first of the old "EuroDisney"-signs with Mickey - from then on the magic is just awaiting and the excitement really begins... When I was younger it was always when the bus in the night (before arrival) showed a couple of Disney-classics (although this is still great  :lol: )
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

buzz

this is stupid answer to a good question but i feel it everytime i look at anything disney even stuff like this site as it just brings back all the good memory

Katie-Sparrow

Whenever i enter a certain land a get a magical feeling and just feel so happy. For emample when you walk into frontierland and hear the wild west music playing and in adventureland the sound of the waterfalls just little things like that build up the magic atmosphere! x
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

Anonymous

Most magical is always when I'm stood beside Belle.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

I get thet magical feeling when I enter the mainstreet, and see the caastle. Feels like finally arriving home after a long, long time :D

MinniesBestPal

Getting up at ridiculous times in the morning and driving in the dark to the airport, or to begin your journey down south to the ferry!

My brother and I sat and watched disney movies and chattered on about what we wanted to see till 3am last time we went, and we got up at 4! I managed to make it till about 6pm while we were in the car before I fell asleep! Good thing it wasn't far from the hotel.

ColdSun

Basically Iget excited just planning (or even thinking about planning) a trip - even if it's a trip that won't happen. I just love to check out hotels etc.
Then on the trip day I am excited basically first thing in the morning when we set of. I often go with my mom by train and then we spent the whole journey flipping through brochures and deciding where to eat. One we arrive and walk towards the Disney Village to our hotel I'm almost bursting from excitement. uick check-in, drop off bags to the room and off we go. And then walking again through DV towards the entrance and through it I'm sort of in a trance, it usually feels very surreal that I am there again. And as soonas I spot the castlwe I know I'm home and for a few days nothing can really bug me.

Pete's Dragon

last week I did 30 pics for my signiture, to make a countdown to my visit in Sept. When I got down to 5 days to go I started getting a tingle. When I did 1 day to go, I was really excited. Pathetic, I know :lol:

Aurora

I feel magical reading this site, looking at the picture. I start thinking about this and that I could be dooing the next time I will be going
And when I was there last april and we walked underneath DLH looking up mainstreet I thought: here I am again.
Going home all smiles on my face, thinking about when is the next time.
TO THE MAGIC
Aurora

Pete's Dragon

18 days to go. Had 2 trail "packing the suitcase" runs. On the Forum everyday. Listening to HSM soundtrack constantly. About to get spending money changed into Euros.

All this and my wife still isn't excited about going. I dont understand. I'm bursting with excitement.