Disney's Halloween Festival 2008

Started by Kristof, June 19, 2008, 12:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Aw man, that's on the cheap!

zanderstarz

Update for the Halloween Pre Parade....

So far as we know, the pre parade will be lead by Jack Skellington and Sally in the little float used by Lilo last year. Following that are a group of 13 Pumpkin dancers. As you can see from the website, Disneyland Paris will be using the whole pumpkin 'family' for the season much like the Halloween Cavalcade 2006. So we have, Boy Pumpkin, Girl Pumpkin, Doctor Pumpkin, Suffragette Pumpkin and Mr Pumpkin. After that there will be the old Snow White float that was used last year for the pre parade this time, instead of having Daisy, Lilo and Clarice on it, it will feature Disney Villains from the show - Jafar, Cruella, Gaston, Shang Yu and Ratcliffe. No Captain Hook or Maleficent as they are both in DOUD. Finally another group of 13 Pumpkin dancers will make the tail end of the pre parade.

The music is a mix of the Halloween Cavalcade 2006, featuring just 'This Is Halloween' - from Nightmare Before Christmas and 'Grim Grinning Ghosts'.

There WILL be a show stop (yay) at Central Plaza I think. Music for that is a strange techno remix of classic Villain songs.

As for the show....hmmm, nothing new really besides Ratcliffe and Shang Yu, oh and no Stitch.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Update for the Halloween Pre Parade....

So far as we know, the pre parade will be lead by Jack Skellington and Sally in the little float used by Lilo last year. Following that are a group of 13 Pumpkin dancers. As you can see from the website, Disneyland Paris will be using the whole pumpkin 'family' for the season much like the Halloween Cavalcade 2006. So we have, Boy Pumpkin, Girl Pumpkin, Doctor Pumpkin, Suffragette Pumpkin and Mr Pumpkin. After that there will be the old Snow White float that was used last year for the pre parade this time, instead of having Daisy, Lilo and Clarice on it, it will feature Disney Villains from the show - Jafar, Cruella, Gaston, Shang Yu and Ratcliffe. No Captain Hook or Maleficent as they are both in DOUD. Finally another group of 13 Pumpkin dancers will make the tail end of the pre parade.

The music is a mix of the Halloween Cavalcade 2006, featuring just 'This Is Halloween' - from Nightmare Before Christmas and 'Grim Grinning Ghosts'.

There WILL be a show stop (yay) at Central Plaza I think. Music for that is a strange techno remix of classic Villain songs.

As for the show....hmmm, nothing new really besides Ratcliffe and Shang Yu, oh and no Stitch.

Thanks for the update, this sounds pretty promising to me :)

Elaine

I've never been to DLRP when theres been a pre-parade of any description.
If the pre-parade is supposed to be 20 minutes before the OUAD parade, does that mean theres a break between the pre-parade and the OUAD parade?

Thanks for any advice on this,

Elaine

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Update for the Halloween Pre Parade....

WOW!Thats such good news!Now im really much moreeeeee deperate for the day to arrive!

Thanks 4 the update dude! :twisted:

King Gaston

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "casschr05"I think stitch will be missed (even by me a little bit!) but now he has his own attraction now
stitch has gone up in the Disney world!

aw yay I am glad someone else will miss Stitch! I have only got to see Stitch Live once but it's great! I can't help but love him! I think I own nearly every piece of stitch merchandise sold in DLRP the last year or so lol!

:) Aveen xxx

I agree I will Miss Stitch a lot , i got an lot of Disney stuff and a Enromous fan of Disney and got lots of stuff even rare toys of Stitch , Buzz , Pumbaa and Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse.  :cry:    8)

King Gaston

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "casschr05"I think stitch will be missed (even by me a little bit!) but now he has his own attraction now
stitch has gone up in the Disney world!

aw yay I am glad someone else will miss Stitch! I have only got to see Stitch Live once but it's great! I can't help but love him! I think I own nearly every piece of stitch merchandise sold in DLRP the last year or so lol!

:) Aveen xxx

I am also  glad that another   Stitch fan missed stitch foe Halloween  , I ' M Disabled and although i am 18 i look young for my age that when  Stitch sees me he gave me Kisses and Cuddels me too , I have been picked 3 times in Stitch Live  , I went to Halloween last year and that was so good it made me very happy i am very sad that he not at Halloween anymore but it good that he at the Studio park still  : :stitch:  :stitch_bounce:  :stitch:  :stitch_bounce:  :ears:  :D  :cry:  8)  :D  :|

jeakat24

I'm going for Halloween this year and have booked the party in the evening. I'm so excited as it's my first time going for the Halloween season so it's all going to be new to me. I'm designing my outfit at the moment and although my partner had reservations about dressing up even he's excited now, although most of the costumes I've seen for men are way too much for Disney, don't think the kids would like Freddy Kruger, or Texas Chainsaw outfits!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Remco K.

Quote from: "jeakat24"I'm going for Halloween this year and have booked the party in the evening. I'm so excited as it's my first time going for the Halloween season so it's all going to be new to me.
There will be a meeting organized on the 31th of October. Maybe that's something you can take into consideration. :)

jeakat24

Thanks for letting me know Remco I thought that was just a meeting on the forum, and was a tad confused until I read the thread! My brain will catch up one day, although I'm not holding any hopes!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Hi all

Just out of interest, if guest with tickets for the 31st party can access the park from 5.30pm but the park is open to regular park guests until 8pm what is to stop people from just staying in the park and not paying the £20 for the Party ticket.

I heard something about wrist bands for accessing ride Q's but you could still hang around the park and watch the fireworks and entertainment????

I Know in Florida the MK typically closes at 6 to park  guest and they more or less totally empty the park before the party.

Any one any ideas?

Willow

Any news on construction starting yet?
All major theme parks  and the other Disney parks have started their Halloween construction but I haven't heard anything going down at DLRP yet?
The event starts in a few weeks.

Patrick

Quote from: "Willow"Any news on construction starting yet?
All major theme parks  and the other Disney parks have started their Halloween construction but I haven't heard anything going down at DLRP yet?

If there is any news on halloween decor it will be posted here,

Currently there is nothing as DLP usually put theirs up till a sensible week at the most before the event :wink: .

Riebi

You can call me now a doooopey but I will miss the pink witches. And stitch. I like the witches cause it´s nearer to the european genesis of helloween (Big witch annual general meeting BW AGM together with vice-president "the devil" itself)

And I like the way stitch want candy.

For my part they could forget the pumpking men and let the pink ones reign.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Patrick"
Quote from: "Willow"Any news on construction starting yet?

If there is any news on halloween decor it will be posted here,

Currently there is nothing as DLP usually put theirs up till a sensible week at the most before the event :wink: .

More like the night before! Its amazing. Thats the real Disney Magic!
~ just like we dreamed it ~