Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding the WiFi, it's NOT free.  We checked with an employee...
Oh, shame. If it's a hotspot-type one, then that's probably useless for most customers not from France.

I still can't believe even the Disney hotels don't have free wi-fi though, it doesn't cost much.

id@53

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding the WiFi, it's NOT free.  We checked with an employee...
Oh, shame. If it's a hotspot-type one, then that's probably useless for most customers not from France.

I still can't believe even the Disney hotels don't have free wi-fi though, it doesn't cost much.

A little OT, but I'd imagine that the reason for charging for WiFi in the hotels is a way for Orange to recoup some of their infrastructure investment. Am I right in thinking that Orange are one of the sponsors?
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

Pamani

Quote from: "id@53"Am I right in thinking that Orange are one of the sponsors?

Well, in Newport Bayclub it says "Orange Wi-fi" so i think Orange is THE sponsor :? And 4,50 € for 1 hour.

Quote from: "Anthony"And, same question - is the wi-fi free? According the website, the McDonalds in DV has free wi-fi, but I've never been able to find it (the wifi I mean, you can see those golden arches from space).

The name of the Wi-fi is "McDonalds" ( :P ) and you need to be in very close range to make a connection. When you get to the logon page click the "connection" button and then scrool down at the next page and click accept. Used it a lot during my last stay :) And yes its 100% free.

---

When you try to access Starbucks wi-fi you get to a logon screen with "Username" and "Password" and "Terms of condition" (in french) and thats it. No chance of buying access (yet) :?
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "Soap"A real surprise, great coffee and even a design extra (ahum..the only 1?) for DV.

I'm sorry, but Great Coffee and Starbucks in the same sentence just doen't go.
Starbucks is the McDonalds of the coffee world. You wouldn't think of comparing a fine sirloin steak to a Big Mac, would you ??

But I do think that it makes a good addition to the DV (never a big fan of Buffalo's anyway). All the DV needs now is somewhere to get a decent cup of coffee.

As Anthony said, everybody is entitled to his own opinion and SB bashing is so 2005...
I'm a real coffee freak/addict and sorry for you, but SB do pour a hell of a good cup of coffee.
Sure, it's the MaC of the brand, but because so it doens't mean it's not good.

I agree that their are enough other great coffee companies, but on a whole SB just offers a good deal. Why else being number one? But i don't wanne start a big discussion about it here..

Not wanting to repeat what I've said in previous posts, but this isn't a person vendetta against Starbucks. They serve coffee from beans that are at the bottom of the food chain. If you think there coffee is great, go and find a proper coffee shop (not one of the big McD style chains), and their coffee will blow your mind.

Now I truly understand where Davewasbaloo is coming from. His love for the pure Disney experience, and how it has been eroded, watered down and commercialized over the years. Sure it appeals to the masses, but its a shadow of its former self.
The same can be said for my love of coffee. Starbucks use an inferior blend of beans, which is laughed at by experienced Coffee suppliers (my wife knowing the majority of the UK suppliers personally).
Just to put the final nail in the coffin, here's a simple question. How many Barista's, who have worked in Starbucks at the time, have entered into the World Barista Championships ? Have any, if any, even won one of the qualifying heats??? I'll give you a clue, it's less than 1.

Quote from: "Anthony"Taste the Nescafé stuff they serve in all the Disney outlets and water wrung from a damp cloth would make for "great coffee", so lay off. This personal bias against Starbucks is boring.

Dont get me started on Nescafe !!!!!!!  :wink:

burntsienna

I've never had a Starbucks before, but now I like coffee I think I'll save my first Starbucks drink for when I'm on holiday  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Kristof

Turns out none of the French Starbucks coffee-houses offer free WiFi...

Quote from: "Starbucks.fr"#  Why is the WIFI not free?

A WIFI access is available in every store and is being charged for, to make sure that our Customers enjoy the best Internet experience. However, we are currently improving our installations to offer a faster access for a cheaper price.

http://www.starbucks.fr/en/faq.htm

The Helmsman

QuoteTurns out none of the French Starbucks coffee-houses offer free WiFi...

Starbucks never offered free WiFi. They provide you with one, but with a charge.
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

Soap

And still it's a good cup of coffee and for me a great experience everytime visiting one.
(Florida, Bangkok, Chaing Mai, Utrecht (finally one!!)
Visited a lot of different coffee shops (not in the netherlands thou :P) around thew world, so i know my way around a decent cup! And SB isn't at the bottom for quality.

As said beforey there are great barrista's working all over the place and SB is the main thing around, no need to bash that again and again.
It's a great addition, maybe a bit driven by money and adds, but he, wake up, welcome to the real world.
As sad that a lot of details ae lost, hopefully this brings in the much needed extra guests > more  > and maybe new innovations and imageneering.

End to this for me :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Soap"As said beforey there are great barrista's working all over the place and SB is the main thing around, no need to bash that again and again.

I have never bashed the Barista's, ony the coffee they use. Being a barista is a hard, thankless job. I should know, I was one for 2 years in a proper, respectable coffee shop. Let me rephrase my previous comment. No self-respecting Barista would enter a Serious, Professional Coffee Competition using the blend of beans that SB use, because in the eyes of professional judges they might as well be using shotgun pellets. Fact.Sorry.

EDIT : I whole heartedly promise never to post in, or read this topic again.(hur-ray they cry  :D/ )

pussinboots

The Disney Village Starbucks was featured in a promo about the new, artist-created stores they're apparently doing.

http://www.starbucks.com/ (It's the first movie.)

giorgio1712

Starbucks in England has free wi-fi, gutted it isnt free in France. I thought it was free in France but not in DV, now that would have been sooo greedy, but if its not free throughout France then I will let it slide. I will just have to go to McDonalds I guess.

Martyn

I was in two minds about this, but I've been a bit 'won over', and I dont know why.

It does have that odd 'Disney' feel/charm to it, and I'm glad effort was put into the design of the exterior, though it does stick out little bit, it doesn't fit in with the colouful vibe of the village.

On a completely random note, what was that Rock 'n' Roll restraunt called that King Ludwig's replace?

dagobert

I'm sorry to ask, but I didn't want to read the whole thread. Does the Starbucks at DV offer snacks like sandwiches, too, or just cakes and muffins?

smurfy74

Yeah they do do sandwiches too, as well as pastries  :D

dagobert

Quote from: "smurfy74"Yeah they do do sandwiches too, as well as pastries :D

Thanks for the answer!