Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

QuoteFurther, New York Sandwiches offers a ready made spot and facilities right next to said new seating area.

I always thought that NYS would be a much better place for SB! its really too small for eating in, but would be just the right size for a coffee place, I only ever see business men in there anyway! and its looking a little, dare I say it, tatty around the edges now.

would anyone be sad to see it go?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Stitch

I've only ever been in there once, not really paid much attention to it really, so I guess I wouldn't be that bothered.
-Jenn@

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
QuoteFurther, New York Sandwiches offers a ready made spot and facilities right next to said new seating area.

I always thought that NYS would be a much better place for SB! its really too small for eating in, but would be just the right size for a coffee place, I only ever see business men in there anyway! and its looking a little, dare I say it, tatty around the edges now.

would anyone be sad to see it go?

In the old days, definately. They used to have great French dip beef sandwiches, hot pastrami and cheese on rye, chilli dogs and all sorts of deli treats, it was cheap, and the cast members were great.

Now it is overpriced sandwich bar that do garage quality rubbish that I can get in the train station for 50% less. So personally, I would like them to restore the deli to it's former glory and open a coffee bar in front of the Hotel New York.
since 2001 (many before that)

Clarebelle

QuoteI would like them to restore the deli to it's former glory and open a coffee bar in front of the Hotel New York.
I think thats a great idea but they may think its a bit out of the way, and maybe wont attract people visiting for the day, but no doubt the amount of guests staying at dlrp hotels would make up it. so like I said good idea!

ford prefect

would it really make a difference? and has it been confirmed yet? sorry if I'm a bit slow lol
[/quote]

probably not, however we have no right to complain if we do not tell DLP how we feel.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "ford prefect"
would it really make a difference? and has it been confirmed yet? sorry if I'm a bit slow lol

probably not, however we have no right to complain if we do not tell DLP how we feel.[/quote]

Fair point, if anyone knows how to set this up I'll sign

Stitch

Speaking of propper coffees... can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Disneyland/Studios or DV where you can get a propperly made one?
-Jenn@

never2old

Quote from: "Stitch"Speaking of propper coffees... can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Disneyland/Studios or DV where you can get a propperly made one?

You mean one that's not an instant coffee?

Only place I've been served nice coffee is in the DLH... but there must be other places. What do they give you in the table service restaurants?

Kristof

Quote from: "Stitch"Speaking of propper coffees... can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Disneyland/Studios or DV where you can get a propperly made one?

:offtopic:   Please stick to the Starbucks discussion.  You can open a trip planning question in the appropriate board.

Malin

I have to say I like the idea of it going into the Deli. It has a prime location and as Dave has stated the sandwich's are nothing you will not find in your local garage shop. And seeing that Starbucks also sell's them, you will not be loosing out on anything. The suscess of a Starbucks at the Resort is another thing that concerns me, as you only have to look at Mcdonalds to realise that most guest like to purchase food on the go as a way to spend more time at the parks or after a long hard day. The building would also need to accomendate the large crowds that it would recieve on a daily basis.

experiment627

Malin, I share your concern about the popularity of a Starbucks at DV - but as far as counter service restaurants go: what happened to those rumour a few months back about a new eatery (Earl of Sandwich?) coming to the Village...?

MinnieMouse

That would be very good, I love coffee and I love most the coffee from starbucks with caramel toppings etc *yummy*  :D/

But not instead of Buffalo Trading Company.

Alexandra

Javey74

Quote from: "peep"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Eww i hate coffee, does Starbucks only sell coffee?

No, they do all sort of drinks with most of them selling snacks like sandwiches and biscuits too.

I love their frappacinos (sp?), its an ice based drink, lots of different flavors.
I'm the same I hate coffee, I stopped drinking it about a year ago.  For some reason Starbucks seem to be popping up all over the place in main cities here in the Northeast of England.  I don't know why but they seem to be infiltrating all coffee bars, they are sprouting up like MacDonalds did when they started.  Now they seem common to me.  You would think that everyone is becoming coffee junkies these days.... :roll:

As far as I'm concerned DLRP could give this one a miss.... :P

smurfy74

This would be another great reason for a visit to the village in my humble opinion, i love a great chai latte and starbucks is the best place for these. Does anyone know how much substance is in these rumours?

Captain Pan

Now if Starbucks was to come to the DV... I'm sure they would bring along their 'City Mugs' they release in the UK... Imagine having a Starbucks Mug with wither the DLRP Logos emblazoned over it or even Minnie being dressed as the Green Mermaid to incorporate both Starbucks and its location in the Resort!

Quote from: "MinnieMouse"But not instead of Buffalo Trading Company.

I AGREE... It was the only part of the village other than Cafe Mickey and the Soft Toy Section of the Disney Store in the Village that I visited just cause I was interested in the offerings they presented for myself not anyone else (Wendybird would declare that to be true... The only other section of the village I visited without her was to purchase her Valentines Day Pressie {we returned back home on Feb 14th You See} the Gallery for a Pooh Framed pin sytled badge thingy!)