Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

QuoteI feel like a bit of an idiot dragging this post back up.. But hey!

Dont! This is like the official topic for it, so it pretty much gets brought up again when anything changes/happens with it.

QuoteYeah, the whole glass op booth is to prevent 'Repetitive Hearing Strain'

Yeah, I get that. I just find it odd that it took them 8 years to realise.

Dolph7800

Thanks for that post, always love to hear more about my favourite ride! When I went last week the most common soundtracker used was Sweet Emotion. We got Young Lust a couple of times and the Walk This Way/Love In A Rollercoaster medley. The music seemed to be ending earlier and earlier though. The only thing that bugs me is they have the whole pre-show with Tyler going on about "Going Down" and they play so little of Love In An Elevator and don't even have the going down line, which would work really well!

And what happened to "Love In A Rollercoaster" I'm sure I read that the words were originally altered for the attraction, but it was definitely the original version, did someone lose the alternative version?  :lol:

walkthatway

Went to WDS yesterday and I must say the lightshow was working amazing! There was so much smoke, you could really see like ''clouds'' of it on some places. The lightshow was working great as well, the whole ride building was just full of lights. I never saw that many lights really... Very close to the onride-videos I saw from when the ride just opened. You could even see the ''patterns'' some of the lights are projecting. It was far from a ''roller coaster in the dark'', and that's the way it should be!

The other thing I noticed is that they were running ''just'' two trains, which I had never seen before. The red soundtracker was playing Nine Lives again, after playing Sweet Emotion for a few months. The multicolor soundtracker's audio was working pretty bad, except for rows 9 and 10, where for some reason the audio was really loud. Later they also added the blue soundtracker for about an hour, which was, while standing in the loading station, just -shaking- by bass sound the speakers(/subwoofers?) were making. I never heard onboard-audio that loud before...

Overall it was a great experience and I hope they will keep the lightshow and especially the smoke machines working this good!  :)

Martyn

They do run two trains quite often, especially when it is quiet like it has been this week.

One thing though, where' the Coach/Bus gone? And why?

jemeff

I visted Disneyland Paris for the first time last Sunday (6th), I was really looking forward to the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster as I'm a massive Aerosmith fan - I was really disappointed. As mentioned before the light show didn't seem as impressive as I expected, and we went round with no music whatsoever. The coaster itself is a great ride, but without the music it was just a bizarre experience. After queuing for over an hour to board the ride I couldn't help but feel a little short-changed - what's a theme coaster without the theme after all.

Martyn

^ That is a very valid point you have. Space Mountain is one of my all time favourite coasters, but without the music, its pretty naff, and I'd imagine this would be 100 times worse with RnRC.

Columbiad

DLRPToday tweeted 4 hours ago:

QuoteBreaking news! Rock n Roller Coaster in Paris to get an all-new light show and ultra reliable fog machines!

This information possibly comes from the webmasters meeting at DLP Today. Shame its not announcing a new facade, but hey - all-new light show? Exciting stuff.

15MagicalYears

I agree, I'd rather see a new exterior than interior, oh-well, upgrades are welcome too.

walkthatway

Wonderful news! :D After all these years with the the lightshow working very bad most of the time I got the feeling that they didn't care about it at all.
Good to hear they are finally doing something about it!

FishyBoy15

Quote from: "Columbiad"DLRPToday tweeted 4 hours ago:

QuoteBreaking news! Rock n Roller Coaster in Paris to get an all-new light show and ultra reliable fog machines!

This information possibly comes from the webmasters meeting at DLP Today. Shame its not announcing a new facade, but hey - all-new light show? Exciting stuff.

That is awesome.. Nice to see that Disney is finally putting some money into an attraction which does badly need it. I'm guessing it will be branded as a 're-launch/refresh' for the anniversary..

Previous Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: April 2000
Cheyenne: April 2002
Cheyenne: July 2003
Sequoia Lodge: January 2004
Radisson Blu- Disneyland Paris: July 2010
Cheyenne: August 2010
Cheyenne: January 2011

Upcoming Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: July 2011

walkthatway

Sorry for dragging the topic up but has anyone ridden RNRC since last week's refurbishment? I'm really interested to hear if they did anything to the lightshow :).

dagobert

According to InsideDLParis the new lightshow is working:

New lightshows for RNRC, one of the changes is that the tunnels are lit up by multicoloured lights at all times!

http://twitpic.com/5b2ykm

CafeFantasia

I don't know about the new light show, but Linda Lewis has written new music for the attraction:

[youtube:o45m4j3h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEMHgAZWDr0[/youtube:o45m4j3h]

walkthatway

Hmm, not sure if I like the ''new'' launch tunnel. I think being launched into that dark tunnel really added something...
Still interested in how the main lightshow turned out, though...

Martyn

^ I agree. I liked it being dark, and I liked how the lights then followed the train as it launched.