Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juttawdw

I don't know about hiring a electric wheelchair, I always bring my mobility scooter. About the easy access pass you only need the blue badge they ask you a few questions and off you go, the longe d the time we waited was 15 minutes or they tell come at that time and you can so etching else in between. Get you pass at Donald's desk before you enter the parc it is opposite where you exit the Disneyland hotel on the reception site this is not that busy as city hall.

I always go early morning than a few hours back to the room rest up and go back in the afternoon for a few hours.

froxy369

We travelled in August this year. I hired a mobility scooter from French company Axsol. They were perfect and very efficient. They spoke English on the phone aswell. I paid in advance and everything was fine, it was there on arrival waiting. I think they hire wheelchairs also. I had no problem in the park,handed over my blue badge and got pass. Hope this helps.

Zesty

Thank you for the Axsol recommendation, I booked with them.

I read in the main park people with green passes rarely have to queue long but in the studios all queues are suitable for wheelchair users, has anyone with a green pass had to queue for a long time or did you get a shorter time at the studios?

juttawdw

The only queue that is suitable for wheelchairs is ratatouille this is also the fast pass Lane all other attractions works the same as the main park.

Zesty

I was wondering if those with a green pass and don't queue if you still use the early magic hours? Is it worth the extra effort of getting up early (for me it's a lot of effort!)

polar vixen

we do it one morning to meet characters but not fire the rides

NCC1701Q

I use my green pass for every ride, even is there is no queue. My handicap is not visible (no wheelchair, no cast, no crutches) but still causes me a lot of pain and impairs my mobility. A Cast Member once explained to me that knowing which guests have extra needs in case of an emergency is as important as providing the most fitting way to ride attractions, so I also use the green card as a way of "communication": in case of emergencies I might need some extra attention.

Quote from: Zesty on October 21, 2016, 05:39:45 PM
I was wondering if those with a green pass and don't queue if you still use the early magic hours? Is it worth the extra effort of getting up early (for me it's a lot of effort!)

Thaliel

Quote from: Zesty on October 21, 2016, 05:39:45 PM

if you want to do charcter meet and greets (especially seasonal ones durinh halloween etc), EMH are very helpful. A lot of characters wil require a person with handicap to return at a certain time. And those timeslots are occupied really fast. This is what EMH help you with, we did that one morning to meet Micke and Minne, Marie, Donald, Stitch, chip n dale and Goofy on main street. YOu'd normally need a whole day to meet this many characters, and some are only present until 11 am anyways. It was totally worth it and we still made it back to the hotel in time for breakfast (GFC has breakfast till 10:30) and just took a little nap later
<-Plz click

Karmaviolet

We also found EMHs useful to ride Dumbo - even with the pass this sometimes had a 20min wait during the day.
We then sent someone to queue for a return slot with princess pavilion from about 9.15, as the slots go very fast (there were people queuing from 8.30 I think, as we got return slots of about 1.30 by joining the queue 9.15.

EmmaH

Hello

My son has Ulcerative Colitis and although we are hopeful he will be well when we visit in January, would he be allocated a fast pass?

I have emailed Disney but not had a response from them.

If anyone on here can help I would be so grateful.

Emma
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

Zesty

I've seen lots of posts of people complaining about crowds, pushing and shoving. I wondered how people in wheelchairs found it? Did you get trampled a lot?

polar vixen

with a wheelchair we fOund crowds completely manageable.  people for the most part went out of their way to assist and be helpful. it's only the ' invisible' disabilities where the crowds and pushing can be a problem. ...in our experience anyway. 

NCC1701Q

I have to totally agree with polar vixen. Wheelchairs are no problem in both parks. Invisible disabilities sometimes cause frustration, because of, well, their invisiblitiy.  :)

Zesty

That's not good for invisible disabilities (I remember those days so well) but relieved I (hopefully) won't be trampled!

I've been meaning to ask if the big balloon does a disabled/carer discount st all!