Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCC1701Q

Apparently the changes to the orange EAC have now been put into effect. From the french online newsletter comes this bit of information:

"De nouvelles mesures visant à optimiser l'expérience des femmes enceintes et de nos visiteurs ayant une maladie invalidante ou un problème médical temporaire ont été mises en place

À partir du 27/06/2016, les cartes de facilité actuelles ne seront plus valides. Si vous souhaitez continuer à en bénéficier, vous devrez en demander une nouvelle au Bureau des Passeports Annuels(2).

Plus d’informations au Bureau Passeport Annuel, au bureau Donald Desk, à City Hall, à Studio Services et sur Internet dès juillet."

Rough translation:

"New measures to optimise the experience of pregnant women, visitors with a disabling illness or a temporary medical problem have been effectuated.

From June 27th, 2016 onwards all currently issued cards are no longer valid. Should you require continued use of one, you can get a new one at the BPA.

For more information, please go to BPA, Donald Desk, City Hall, Studio Services or the Internet, from July onwards".

I am curious what will be new about the new EAC's. As reported before, seems like the DPC (green one) will remain unchanged, for now that is.

-- addition: not sure if this link works but this is what the new EAC looks like: https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13575828_10155019949983012_3747972703420859667_o.jpg

or find it on the DLRPfans-Facebookpage.

haribosmum

That looks like you get given a time to go back equal to the waiting time of the ride? I've had that at other theme parks and it does work quite well. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

NCC1701Q

I'm wondering where you get the return time: at the exit of the attraction? Does that mean EAC-holders will have to wait in line at e.g. Pirates at the exit, then get the return time and leave again and then come back at the given time again to ride the attraction? Somehow that seems very unpractical, even more with DPC-holders being in the same line, NOT having to get out to come back later again.

Has anyone seen any official information or documentation of how this actually works?

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: NCC1701Q on July 05, 2016, 10:12:35 PM
I'm wondering where you get the return time: at the exit of the attraction? Does that mean EAC-holders will have to wait in line at e.g. Pirates at the exit, then get the return time and leave again and then come back at the given time again to ride the attraction? Somehow that seems very unpractical, even more with DPC-holders being in the same line, NOT having to get out to come back later again.

We have the green pass and a couple years ago you had to do exactly what you describe for Pirates every time we wanted to ride. So im assuming that's what the procedure will be going forward for Orange passes. At DLR they scanned our passes and just told us the time to return (whatever the queue time was minus 10 mins) but they have special kiosks around the park where you can do this, you don't have to go to the actual ride which made life so much easier. 

froxy369

We are travelling in August. I am looking to hire a mobility scooter and book transport from airport. I normally book scooter from tourist services but they are shut. Does anybody know where else i can hire at reasonable rates please?

Sue0905

Hi,
We are off to DLP in September with my two disabled children (who are now adults). We are travelling from London by train and as my son is in a wheelchair, we were hoping to send a suitcase in advance to the hotel. I emailed Special Needs customer services and they said I cannot do that. Has anyone any idea why not as the amount of stuff I have to take for both of them is incredible and I have to negotiate a wheelchair and my daughter on and off trains.

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge in accessible rooms. Does anyone have any tips on making the holiday easier.

Thank
Sue

juttawdw

Maybe due to safety reasons with all the terrorist attacks. I don't know if it is possible there is a postoffice in the trainstation i don't know if you can send packages there? And that you pick it up there?

polar vixen

I travel with a large back pack and got pull along trolleys for my kids to pull.  I had a wheelchair and a pushchair last time we travelled and only my eldest daughter to help.  we each took a back pack and then hooked tge pull along onto the handle if the chair.  our depending on your son's ability he could push the case as he is pushed along if that makes sense?

nathalie

Isn't there some Disney magical Express thing?  I've read about it in Paris, that they take care of the suitcases.

polar vixen

yup if traveling by eurostar you can pay about 18 aureus per adult ti take all your luggage to tge hotel for you.  you can also collect your park tickets at tge strain that way abd go straight into tge parks if you want to

jacmurphy

I was in disney last week with my daughter who is 8 months pregnant, We went to city hall and got an orange card which was a great help with our trip. For character meets you had to see the cast member to book an appt for when to return (they allowed one appt every 10mins). Unschduled meets such as those during happy hours you could not book. For the rides this very much depended on the ride. Some allowed access straight away and some equal to the fast pass time with maybe 10 mins less. The worst one for my daughter was buzz as it only allowed access as if getting a fast pass so there was still some 10-15mins queuing which at 8 months pregnant was a bit of a struggle. All other rides were great and there were benches to wait on until your turn. Her pass allowed her husband myself and her 2yr old to join her. We tried to access the roped off area once  for dreams and was told no way in no uncertain terms! (Quite scathingly in fact)
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: jacmurphy on September 12, 2016, 05:33:02 PM
We tried to access the roped off area once  for dreams and was told no way in no uncertain terms! (Quite scathingly in fact)

Haha, yep they are very precious about that rope  ;D last time we were there, they let the 3 of us in (with the green pass) then the next night only 2 were allowed in and the CM had his torch out for the entirety of Dreams trying to catch people who so much as touched the rope. It was quite funny! I understand why they do it of course, but the way they carry on about it is a  bit much sometimes.

nathalie

Those area's are a mystery ... I used to be able to use them during the parades and then all of the sudden not anymore.
Luckily enough, the evening I had a severe panic attack at the park, I was let in the roped area for Dreams, got the attack during Dreams, and I'm pretty sure if I were just standing in the crowd no one would have cared about me, but the CM in the area noticed things weren't OK at all with me, so very glad he let me in in the first place.

NCC1701Q

We (wife, son (4) and daughter (10) were in the parks for a week in July and had the same experience. The whole systeem seems to fully rely on the person issuing the card and the person at the rope/attraction looking at it. And they often think differently...
My green card (which is for me personally, as I have severe hernia-related backproblems) is issued for 4 "helpers" and 1 "attraction helper".
This has gotten us into the following discussions:
- at an attraction: CM asked "where is the fifth person?" - It's just the 4 of us, I have no idea why the CM at the BPA ever put 4 "helpers" on the card;
- at an attraction: CM says "you and your daughter can stand in line, the kid and his mother wait here" - uhm no - the card is for me, not for my son (why would they even think that?);
- at the rope for the parade or Dreams: "just one helper in this area, the other two can wait somewhere else" - ok, so I need my wife to help me, where do our kids go? Can you take care of them? -- usually afer that question the kids are allowed in too, but then why not put 3 helpers for parades on the card?

I guess those are just the results of a lot of CM's having a lot of different ideas about the orange and green cards.

Finally: I am eternally happy and glad DLP even has this system, because without it I would not be able to last even an afternoon in the parks. So I am glad to explain for the umpteenth time the card is for me and my son is totally ok :)

Zesty

Hello, I'm sorry that some of my questions have been covered but some of the answers are quite a few years old and I don't know if they still apply.

I'm looking at hiring an electric wheelchair, have emailed access tourisme who quoted €300 for an electric chair but no details as to what the fhairs are like. As a chronic pain sufferer I don't want to spend a lot on a useless uncomfortable chair but would like to give my poor friend a break from pushing me

Das cards, I have a blue badge and going to take a doctor letter (for the flight but can show it at Disney). Do you have to queue? My doctors letter will say I can't spend long in the park, I'm worried if I can only do 2 hours in the park that I will spend it all in a queue although saying that we are going Nov 14th for 6 days, what are crowd levels like then?

I've not organised transport from the airport to hotel (staying in Disneyland hotel), I saw magic shuttle offer a wheelchair service, has anyone used it? Is it the same price as the normal shuttle?

Any hints and tips for doing Disney when I'll/disabled much appreciated, thank you!

Any hints or tips for doing Disney in a wheelchair?