Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twentythingamabobs

My little brother has a green pass (an annual one that we renew every year with our passes) and he is never given a return time, we always just go on via the exit. Our next trip isn't until Halloween so I'm hoping everything is officially sorted out by then! We have another trip booked for Christmas and if it turns out to be the same as the DAS at WDW  we won't be returning  :( :'( The DAS at DLR wasn't too bad I must admit but that was only because they gave us 3 extra special passes for immediate access per day without having to go through the fast pass queue so we could have a return time for one thing and while waiting, use one of the passes to get on another attraction. Fingers crossed

juttawdw

The green pass stays the way it was, at very busy times you can get retutn times at pirates and small world.

NCC1701Q

Has anyone heard anything about the supposed changes that would take effect from June onwards?

Karmaviolet

We have just got back.
Nothing appears to have changed on the Disability pass, as far as I can tell.  It seemed to work just as people have told me it did.

nathalie

Quote from: Karmaviolet on June 06, 2016, 12:06:45 AM

We have just got back.
Nothing appears to have changed on the Disability pass, as far as I can tell.  It seemed to work just as people have told me it did.

Can you specify the color of the pass you had?  Because changes would only be for the orange card, apparantly.

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: nathalie on June 06, 2016, 07:35:08 PM
Quote from: Karmaviolet on June 06, 2016, 12:06:45 AM

We have just got back.

Can you specify the color of the pass you had?  Because changes would only be for the orange card, apparantly.

Ah that's good to hear Nathalie, I didn't know that

nathalie

I say "apparantly" ;)  From what I've read in this thread ;)

twentythingamabobs

Well apparently is enough to give me some optimism lol  ;)

polar vixen

That;s what we were told when we were there in april, changes affected orange cards only!

bobothebear

We got an Orange pass on Friday and it was exactly the same and allowed 1 extra person.
We got it with no certificates or any proof.  They were lovely with us and we didn't even ask for help,they just offered it but  they could clearly see it would help with me pushing my new Wife around in a dreadful old wheelchair and a 4 & 7 year old in tow.

In all honesty it made our Familymoon amazing and made up for the struggles of my wife getting Hip Busitis 5 days before our wedding.

Karmaviolet

Sorry, should have been more clear.
We had a Green pass.
:D

sophstar007

Hi all.

We go on out honeymoon next month which I am SO excited for. I have a congenital heart condition and recently I have been quite unwell with it. Sitting down and standing for long periods of time make my legs ache and if it is a bad day my ankle swells up. I am very out of breath at the moment and get very tired easily. I see my cardiologist tomorrow but I am concerned that my heart has started to fail (sounds worse than it is - it CAN be treated).

Babbling on here...but I wondered if it is worth me taking my blue badges (literally the only thing I have to help me with my condition) when we go to get passes for my husband and I? I don't want to queue jump or anything, I mean I can't go on the huge rides, but I am concerned about my energy levels at the moment, I just wonder if it will help at all and whether it is worth trying?

Thanks in advance  :)

twentythingamabobs

HI Sophstar,

Definitely go visit City Hall and get a pass, this will allow you to sit/stand as you see fit while waiting (a minimal amount of time normally) to get on a ride. It should also allow you acess to a roped off area to watch parades and Dreams (I know this is true with a green pass but have never had any experience with an orange one), if you get to the area for Dreams early enough you will be able to get a seat. You can also hire wheelchairs when you're out there if you do feel too poorly to walk.

I hope you have an amazing time - on honeymoon as well! It'll be so special  :)

sophstar007

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on June 29, 2016, 03:02:07 PM
HI Sophstar,

Definitely go visit City Hall and get a pass, this will allow you to sit/stand as you see fit while waiting (a minimal amount of time normally) to get on a ride. It should also allow you acess to a roped off area to watch parades and Dreams (I know this is true with a green pass but have never had any experience with an orange one), if you get to the area for Dreams early enough you will be able to get a seat. You can also hire wheelchairs when you're out there if you do feel too poorly to walk.

I hope you have an amazing time - on honeymoon as well! It'll be so special  :)

Thankyou so much for the help twentythingamabobs! That sounds like it might make my trip a little easier. I will go and see them and see what happens. I wouldn't normally ask or use something like this but with my health deteriorating slightly I'm getting anxious about it and the last thing I want to do on my honeymoon is be concerned I will be too unwell.  :-[

twentythingamabobs

They're really good at DLP at making your trip easier for you. They can be strict at needing "evidence" so we always take a recent doctors note with us but I'm sure your blue badge will be fine. They will ask you what you need help with - we had no evidence at all our first year,  we were so unprepared, but they still gave us a green pass when they listened to the issues we had had OK our first day. Don't feel bad about asking for help when you genuinely need it! Thats what the passes are for, to make sure everyone can enjoy the magic  :D