Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Interesting plan but not much new. Isn´t that the things that they wanna build for years now? What´s the new timline? 2020? Hope we see soon some movements.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Martyn

LOVE the mickey head swimming pool!

dagobert

That's an interesting plan, but unfortunately nothing new. I just hope that Disney will stick to the American theme and that the new hotel will also be themed to an area of the United States. In my opinion the Hollywood Hotel at HKDL would be perfect for the space at Lake Disney and the expansion of DV could be integrated into the hotel, like Disney did in Anaheim with Downtown Disney and the California Hotel.

Anthony

I can see quite a bit of new stuff, this plan is much more detailed than what we've seen before...

A new RER entrance as well as a second TGV entrance? That's new! (Although I'm sure it's marked on the wrong location, wouldn't it be on the blue/purple area rather than right next to WDS?)

And the shape of those buildings in the Disney Village extension - there appears to be a covered arcade with a glass roof connected to the new Lake Disney hotel, and that huge octagonal building is new - could that be right for a Cirque du Soleil theatre? I think so.

I'm sure the Convention Centre is different, too. It's connected right onto the hotel next door and of course shows the first and second phases.

Columbiad

Rainforest Cafe has received a lovely blue coat! I cant tell from the photo, but it looks like it might fade from a darker blue to a lighter blue at the top - @InsideDLParis tweeted this photo 3 hours ago.

Edit: Woops...suppose it would help if I attached the image...

Anthony

Festival Disney

Well at least we can't complain that it looks dirty anymore :P
I wonder how they'll do the bit at the back? That "shell" thingy will look strange, surely?
Maybe (hopefully) this might be a sort of undercoat for some epic re-themeing? one can hope  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

Thanks, Anthony! I put the picture in the original post.  :D

I never understood the bit shell thing at the back. Was it always there, or added when it became Rainforest Cafe?

Festival Disney

I think Ghery had a thing for the sea, as you can see with Anette's Diner also looks like a shell :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Columbiad

Hmm. A retail and entertainment district with an industrial/ocean/baloon factory theme? No wonder the Village feels messed up!  :P

Anthony

Quote from: "Columbiad"I never understood the bit shell thing at the back. Was it always there, or added when it became Rainforest Cafe?
It probably made more sense or at least looked less out of place when this was Key West Seafood and Hurricanes. The area where McDonald's now sits originally had a larger marina and was supposed to become a "Key West" themed expansion of Festival Disney...

I hope that part of the building stays white, anyway. The blue on the flat walls looks fine, a good enough improvement, although I might have hoped for something more substantial. Why Hurricanes is still sitting empty I don't know... Could DLP really not find a suitable occupant? Maybe they don't want to, and if so - why not?

dagobert

I've just seen pictures of the new Lego Store at Downtown Disney at WDW:

Picture taken from Mouse Steps:
http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=65

Now I'm wondering if a Lego Store was ever planned for Disney Village. I think it would be a perfect addition, because Lego is still very popular. Legoland being a competitor can't be the reason why there is no store in Paris, because Legoland isn't owned by Lego and a new Lego park is opening soon in Florida.

Adam

Ummm...perfect for the Disney Store when World of Disney opens?

Martyn

Well I was hoping for a lot more than just a paint job for the Rainforest Cafe.

Surely a nicer green would have been better suited?

Adam

Just wondered if anything is happening with Hurricanes?

Haven't heard any news on this for ages and would expect that Disney would want this prime area filled.