Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

I'm starting to get used to the balloons, strangely it makes the place how it looked before look clutered, though I still prefer the old look of the Village I think the new look is a bit more modern and fits in more with the whole theme strangely.

Anthony

It's nice to hear some positives!  I think that whilst the new ideas for Disney Village decoration/themeing are absolutely insane, they do actually make the place look much more friendly, warm, colourful and Disney-ish than before.  :)

Kristof

Mmmm, even I have to admit that it looks better now when you put those 2 photos together...  8)

Maarten

I guess I am an exception on the rule... I like the photo from before better. Although the theme already was a mess (look at King Ludwig's Castle), its now even a bigger mess with all the tacky balloons and colours. Although the place seems more friendly and open, I just don't like it. I liked the adult atmosphere of the place with the podium, pilars, starry night effect etc.

Its not really what I had in mind when I got enthousiastic about the project, I guess my expectations were to high.  :?

P.S. Does somebody know more about the rumours about the Virgin Megastore, Italian Restaurant, ESPN Zone, World of Disney etc? I haven't heard about it recently...

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"P.S. Does somebody know more about the rumours about the Virgin Megastore, Italian Restaurant, ESPN Zone, World of Disney etc? I haven't heard about it recently...
These seem to have all slipped off the radar completely.  They might still happen, but there haven't been any developments or new rumours about them for a long time.

World of Disney was due to open in 2008, ready for the ToT invasion, but I don't know any more than that...

I agree with what you say about Disney Village being a mess.  It really is!  But I still think it looks better with the new changes rather than without them...  It would have been a mess either way, so I think it's better to be a "friendly, open, colourful" mess than a dark, industrial, unfriendly mess!  :lol:

Kristof

Grandmath posted on Disney Central Plaza that the DV projects (ESPN Zone, World of Disney, ...) have been put on standbye until the results of the current developments are in...
However construction for the TGV station (which will be connected to the Vinci Carpark) will begin this year to open mid 2007.

Anthony

I hope they pick a nice design for that station.  With it being TGV, DLRP might not have much of a say in how it looks.  Well, I suppose it can't be any *less* magical than the current train station!

flor

what will happen with the current station?

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"what will happen with the current station?
And why exactly do they need the new one?  I've never quite managed to work this out...  If you arrive at the new station, then you're on the opposite side of the courtyard to the shuttle buses.  It's not like the TGV section of the current station is ever very busy either...  :?

Kristof

I'm not quite sure, but I heard this last year.  They want to bring in more highspeed trains from Italy and beyond.  They have to stop now at Charles de Gaulle and take the RER to DLRP.

Nala_84

Are there any news about the Village?! I've read anywhere that an Asian restaurant was planned for it, is that right?! I'd like a not-too-expensive restaurant that offers more vegetarian food :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "Nala_84"Are there any news about the Village?! I've read anywhere that an Asian restaurant was planned for it, is that right?! I'd like a not-too-expensive restaurant that offers more vegetarian food :)

I haven't heard any news recently, besides Raptor told us that EuroDisney S.C.A. wants to wait and see if there are any results after the "redesign" of Disney Village. And now you mention vegetarian food, is it hard for a vegetarian to find some decent food in the Resort? I can imagine that it must be hard sometimes because a lot of food overthere is meat, like hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken nuggets etc.  :?

Maarten

The news is already a bit old, but I really want to mention it. DLRP.fr shows some photos of the new banners near the Imax Theater/NEX at Disney Village. Take a look at their site for some more photos.  :wink:

I really like the style of the banners. They look so classy if you ask me. And the nice pictures they used are really cool too! The green poles fit in really well with the new gates at the Fantasia Gardens. Chic. So I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if they would use these banners at the main area of Disney Village as well? They could replace some of the old EuroDisney style poles around Lake Disney too with new poles and banners. At this banners they can show some attractions of the parks. They can use some banners and poles over at Fantasia Gardens too, with some banners featuring the newest attractions and shows like The Legend of the Lion King, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Toon Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Once Upon a Dream Parade, 15th Anniversary or seasonal banners to name a few posibilities. Ofcourse i don't want an overkill, but if they use just a few poles with banners, can integrate it to the landscape, and use the current classy style, I'm all for it.  :)

Nala_84

That's a good idea, Maarten--I like these banners, too! Especially the one with Buffalo Bill on it ;)

Well, it wasn't hard for my boyfriend and me to find vegetarian food in the Disneyland Park. It was in 2004 when we both were there for the first time together for two days. We haven't eaten anything in the Parks, so we wanted to eat something at the Village in the evening. But the Sports Bar and New York Style Sandwiches had already sold out their vegetarian Sandwiches, so we had nothing else to eat than some fries at Mc Donald's :(.

So we learned of that day and the next day we decided to eat at the DLP--very yummy noodles and pizza at Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost :)!
When we visited DLRP again in October 2005 for two days, we really found much vegetarian food in the parks and we were really happy for that ;)!
We ate a delicious vegetarian Hot Dog at Casey's Corner, noodles and pizza again (Pizzeria Bella Notte) and a halloween-like pumpkin soup *mmmmh*. Not to forget the famous brownies!!

Next time we wanna taste the omelette burger at Videopolis. When we saw it on the menu map, we've already eaten something. And--when we can save a bit money until our next visit--we'll try the Tuki Vegi Burger at the Rainforest Café which I always wanted to visit!! ;)

So I can say that you can find many vegetarian things in the Disneyland Park (I guess in the Studios there's less of it), every restaurant has at least one vegetarian suggestion. But the Village is really bad for us vegetarians coz there's only meat to eat.

Mmh, I'm hungry. Let's talk about food *g* Is there already a thread about the restaurants @ DLRP?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Mmh, I'm hungry. Let's talk about food *g* Is there already a thread about the restaurants @ DLRP?
No!  Feel free to start one in either the DLRP, DLP or WDS sections...  :wink: I suppose if you want to talk about nice meals you've had then the Trip Reports section might be best actually.

Edit: I've started a new topic in the Trip Reports forum - Restaurant Reviews.

Those banners look brilliant, don't they?!  :o If only the rest of Disney Village looked as good as that new section.  At least the fact that this section looks so good means that they *do* know how to make something look nice.  They just need to use some of that talent on the old area...  The original Village street is still crying out desperately for trees, I don't know why they aren't putting any in...  :(

I like Maarten's idea of continuing the banners across the resort, I'd definately like to see that.  They have those generic resort ones along the walkway to the car parks, why don't they just replace those with some showing specific attractions?  I'm not sure if i'd like them in the same style as these Disney Village ones though, they need to give the different areas their own identity.  And I personally wouldn't like to see them around Fantasia Gardens, but continuing this kind of style elsewhere would be very very welcome!!