Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney_Princess

Disney desperatly needs somewhere that you can buy a decent cup of coffe, I haven't had one there yet. Roll on Starbucks that's all I can say.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

Riebi

New trees again at Disneyvillage!

Disneytheque has some pictures of the new trees in front of Billy Bobs and Sports Bar.
Aaaaand there are colored lights at the trees!!! Hope we can see soon some night shots!

//http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/82-Lactu-du-Disney-Village.html

There are also some very intersting pics from the future concress centre area! The digging has begun!

Do somebody know if they use the old sketch for it or a diffrent designed one?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

I put what Disneytheque said into google translate and it came up with this;

QuoteTrees now take possession of terraces Sports Bar and the Billy Bob's. As might be expected, at dusk, a few lights will illuminate the via what looks to a strong fibre optic system, a few cables deployed rapidly changing color. From beside the Café Mickey, the ongoing work on the terrace of continuing and now, we can see the structure to cover the scene. Finally, on the site of the future convention centre, the work of survey began in a few weeks. However, it will have to wait a few months before the project begins.

Seems intresting, thanks for the news Riebi

Riebi

Has someone the old concept arts of this old convention centre they planned in 1992? I didn´t find them again. Lost in space or in my pc :lol:

I just know that I didn´t like them as much as the other things they planned :lol:

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"Has someone the old concept arts of this old convention centre they planned in 1992?
I remeber those concept arts. For as far as my memory goes, the convention centre would be just as modern as Disney Village.

I wonder if they've chosen for a more themed option as they're pretty aware now the old Festival Disney concept has failed.

Kristof

It would have been in the same style as the Imax façade.  

Concept art below.

Riebi

Thank you raptor! Looks really huge! I´ve only seen this sketches but not this concept art here. There you can better see the dimension of it!

The Butlin Boy

New photos from Scrooge on DMI can confirm that the new food/drink stand will be by Coca-Cola:

Link

Riebi

That advert inspired sign at the roof looks a bit ............ ugly :?:  :!:

It doesn´t seems to match the other things around

Remco K.

Quote from: "Riebi"That advert inspired sign at the roof looks a bit ............ ugly :?:  :!:

Agreed! What Disney Village needs is to step away from the abstract style... This sign is a step in the other direction... :?

BlueClouds

Is this just a small food stand? Surely all that decoration is a bit over the top for a snack stand? Especially when it doesn't fit in with the surroundings.
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

Timbo

This looks terrible !!! We will have to wait the hoardings come down to get a proper idea though ......but still ! :(

experiment627

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "Riebi"That advert inspired sign at the roof looks a bit ............ ugly :?:  :!:

Agreed! What Disney Village needs is to step away from the abstract style... This sign is a step in the other direction... :?

The sign is an official Coca-Cola design... so take it up with them.

Maarten

Coca Cola's "Pause & Play at Disney Village" has finally opened for business. It can be reached from two sides; the Disney Village side near Annette's Diner and the Esplanade side.

Personally, I like the design on the stand, it compliments Annette's/50s theme very well. I'm not too sure about the structure on top of the stand though. Its quite weird to see that they have even removed part of the Disney Village gate above it.

Source: Scrooge at DMI

Riebi

I must say, with the sign under this advert-inspired structure it looks very muuuuuch much better. How small things can make a diffrence. Maybe I should wait next time till they are finished with all stuff.

I like that you can go to the counters from both sides. But what does they do with this disney village lightsign-structure above? Do they close it again or give it a better close-part?