Adults in costume?in Paris parks...

Started by anthonysprincess, May 01, 2008, 01:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonysprincess

Do the theme parks at Disneyland Resort Paris allow adults to wear costumes into the park? The American parks don't but Tokyo does (but they're not under Disney managemnet of course) and I don't know about HK or Paris. But I heard Paris does. My dress isn't really a costume in the sense that it doesn't make me LOOK like a Disney character but I got into some trouble trying to get into MK wearing it for some reason just because it is a Minnie dress...so if they're not very strict it's perhaps an option as well. Please let me know your knowledge of this rule if it exisits or not and if they're strict enough to not let me in in a Minnie dress like WDW...

Thank you!

This pic was of course taken during the Pirate and Princess party when adults ARE allowed to wear costumes so it was no problem but you can see an example of the all-important dress which I want to wear there so badly! Without the corset over it it was in question. im sure with the silver corset it looks less conspicuous.:

Patrick

In Paris adults are not allowed to wear costumes, apart from during the Halloween Soiree on 31st October.

Kristof

And even during the Halloween soiree you have to be careful wearing a Disney costume...  Never pose to get pictures with guests or give autographs...  Otherwise you will be tapped on your shoulder by security.

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"Do the theme parks at Disneyland Resort Paris allow adults to wear costumes into the park? The American parks don't but Tokyo does (but they're not under Disney managemnet of course) and I don't know about HK or Paris. But I heard Paris does. My dress isn't really a costume in the sense that it doesn't make me LOOK like a Disney character but I got into some trouble trying to get into MK wearing it for some reason just because it is a Minnie dress...so if they're not very strict it's perhaps an option as well. Please let me know your knowledge of this rule if it exisits or not and if they're strict enough to not let me in in a Minnie dress like WDW...

Thank you!

This pic was of course taken during the Pirate and Princess party when adults ARE allowed to wear costumes so it was no problem but you can see an example of the all-important dress which I want to wear there so badly! Without the corset over it it was in question. im sure with the silver corset it looks less conspicuous.:

What a nice picture and a nice costume  :D/

Alexandra

Malin

QuoteThe American parks don't but Tokyo does (but they're not under Disney managemnet of course)

Tokyo Disneyland only allows guest to dress up during Halloween on certain dates. Usually the 12th of September, and the 29th and 31st of October. Rules are fairly strict here and your costumes must be Disney related or else you will be denied access to the park.

anthonysprincess

It's really annoying because it doesn't make me look like a Disney character :( it's just a Minnie Mouse dress. So I suppose it's up to the opinion of the person at the gate really. But I'd rather stay on the safe side because it's also annoying to have to turn around and go back to the hotel to change. Thanks for your responses
Quoteminniemouse:What a nice picture and a nice costume :D/

Alexandra

thank you so much!

Tinkerbelle

I love your dress!!! where did you get it?

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Tinkerbelle"I love your dress!!! where did you get it?
Walt Disney World. It is Minnie's "Million Dreams" outfit(so, yes, it is a children's dress)... It has fiber-optics in the skirt and lights up. Which is why I love it so much and want to wear it there so bad. I bought it to wear to the parks for pictures, not thinking it would count against the "costume" rule since it doesn't in any way make me look like a Disney character...but apparently it does? I was thinking perhaps i'll wear it with that silver corset over it to Paris because then it won't have anything to do with Disney-Ill cover minnie totally-and they won't say anything. :/

Alpop

I was thinking it look s alittle like Alice in Wonderland.

BUT where is the cut off for denying you access. Would they turn away anyone with yellow shoes and white gloves? or A green hat and brown chord (sp?) pants??

Hard to say. :|

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Alpop"I was thinking it look s alittle like Alice in Wonderland.

BUT where is the cut off for denying you access. Would they turn away anyone with yellow shoes and white gloves? or A green hat and brown chord (sp?) pants??

Yeah it IS rather odd-I pointed out to them that Im not a mouse but they weren't amused...lol

Not to be concieted but I think if I didn't look so good in the dress they wouldn't have turned me away! Like Ive seen people in Minnie dresses and full-blown Minnie costumes-the shoes, the EARS etc(the day I tried to go to MK in that I wasnt wearing the ears or anything)- and they are let in (probably because this lady looked AWFUL in it) I just think that I probably looked up to the Disney quality in it and that's why they didn't want me coming in. I know that sounds snooty but you get my point?

MinniesBestPal

Thats one pretty dress! I like it!

Remco K.

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"
Walt Disney World. It is Minnie's "Million Dreams" outfit(so, yes, it is a children's dress)...
But didn't the dress need any rework? Or are you just that tiny? :wink:

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "Remco K."
Walt Disney World. It is Minnie's "Million Dreams" outfit(so, yes, it is a children's dress)...
But didn't the dress need any rework? Or are you just that tiny? :wink:
uhm i uhm. yeah im small. lol.

ScroogeMcDuck

Yeah it IS rather odd-I pointed out to them that Im not a mouse but they weren't amused...lol

Not to be concieted but I think if I didn't look so good in the dress they wouldn't have turned me away! Like Ive seen people in Minnie dresses and full-blown Minnie costumes-the shoes, the EARS etc(the day I tried to go to MK in that I wasnt wearing the ears or anything)- and they are let in (probably because this lady looked AWFUL in it) I just think that I probably looked up to the Disney quality in it and that's why they didn't want me coming in. I know that sounds snooty but you get my point?

Myself and my girlfriend went to the pirates and princess party last year and know what you mean, we proper went for it as pirates, and they were less than impressed with us as ppl were getting us confused as cast members, even tho it was acceptable for adults to dress like that. I can totally understand why tho, as if you do something out of place and ppl think your a disney employee, then it will reflect quite badly on them at the end of the day.

anthonysprincess

Quote from: "ScroogeMcDuck"

Myself and my girlfriend went to the pirates and princess party last year and know what you mean, we proper went for it as pirates, and they were less than impressed with us as ppl were getting us confused as cast members, even tho it was acceptable for adults to dress like that. I can totally understand why tho, as if you do something out of place and ppl think your a disney employee, then it will reflect quite badly on them at the end of the day.
Well I think it's silly because if someone came up to me and asked me to pose for a pic Id say no and if I didnt Id get kicked out...I have caught people before and had security on them AS a cast member (and as a guest because I think it's wrong to do that, [spoiler:se077rmp]i mean there's a reason they pay someone for that...[/spoiler:se077rmp]) lol, so I know that it works... sigh I mean its up to them and everything but I think its silly when, again, its just a Minnie dress its not like Im dressed as Cindy or Alice or someone I look like, as I am not a mouse -end rant- lol.