Original Disney Fan Artwork!

Started by anthonysprincess, April 30, 2008, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

It is amazing work from both of you!

Fantastic creativity from you Captain Pan and great computer work from you PD!  =D>
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic collaboration between CP and PD, well done both of you, I'm very impressed with it all =D>  :mrgreen:

DLP-Photos.com

I have just finished my first artwork using Derwent Watercolor - it is currently drying before scan. I am actually surprised at how bright a little water makes the colors. The only minus is that the paper becomes a little hard after using the watercolors.
/Nicolai

Pete's Dragon

Im no expert, but I remember seeing an art programme once were they said you should wet the paper first and let it dry a little before using watercolours. Whether ths stops it going hard later I dont know.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing it Forza !!!

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the tip PD - I haven't heard it before, but it might be right. Now the drawing has dried and I have scanned it.

So here it is - "Look out Dash!" a scene from the Disney/Pixar Film The Incredibles:

/Nicolai

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic work Forza, very well done :mrgreen:  =D>

burntsienna

Wow Nicolai that's amazing!
Annnd with the hard paper, it makes such a good noise! I love it when the paper goes slightly hard. I'm not sure if adding the water first will effect it much, but I've done it both ways and it seems to work better/become less hard if you use the water first then add the paints. But I looove water colour pencils, because they make the paper go quite solid and it sounds great!  :mrgreen:
It might not make much of a difference though adding the water first, because it could be to do with the thin paper absorbing the water then having it dry differently, which is why you get different effects when using Watercolour paper, because its thicker and has different fibers etc. =]

Anyways its an outstanding drawing! and I bet it does sound so good  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Captain Pan

Here's something small as I try and find the loose stuff thats fallen out of the temporary sketchpad... More are on the way though... as I have a new sketchbook

Pete's Dragon

Lost interest about 10mins after I started this, as I made a couple of big mistakes. Anyway, another DL building but with a dash of colour this time. Enjoy  8)

Javey74

@ Captain Pan: Poor George, all through a sock... :mrgreen:

@ Pete's Dragon: Love the variation of colours on this drawing, great detailing as ever.. :D

burntsienna

Captain Pan you've really captured his expression perfectly! amazing!   :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:

And Pete's Dragon, another fantastic drawing! very vibrant and brilliant!  :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "burntsienna"Captain Pan you've really captured his expression perfectly! amazing!   :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:

And Pete's Dragon, another fantastic drawing! very vibrant and brilliant!  :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:

I agree, I couldn't have put it better myself :P  :wink:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "burntsienna"Captain Pan you've really captured his expression perfectly! amazing!   :mrgreen:  =D>  :mrgreen:

Vibrant, oooh I like that word. Very arty :wink:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"

Vibrant, oooh I like that word. Very arty :wink:

Lol thats what you get when you have a National Diploma in Fine Art  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

The expression caught in your drawing CP, and the colour and detail in yours PD, are both fantastic. I'm very impressed by both of your artworks, well done to the both of you =D>  =D>  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: