High School Musical 4 details announced

Started by peep, April 10, 2008, 10:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

There's an article on the BBC News site about future Disney projects, which leads with the loud headline "Fourth Pirates 'in development'" but then fails to really tell any more except "If realised, Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7635376.stm

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"There's an article on the BBC News site about future Disney projects, which leads with the loud headline "Fourth Pirates 'in development'" but then fails to really tell any more except "If realised, Johnny Depp will reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7635376.stm

Errm, Anthony, this topics actually talking about the rumors of a fourth High School Musical film, not Pirates of the Caribbean. But thanks for posting that link though :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Errm, Anthony, this topics actually talking about the rumors of a fourth High School Musical film, not Pirates of the Caribbean. But thanks for posting that link though :wink:
Now there's a good point. :lol: That's a 4th film I am against...

I'll change the confusing title.

AmericanMouse

The next HSM after this one will be a Disney Channel film from what I understand, and three of the new protagonists are debuting in the Senior Year film.

howtodeal

I actually read somewhere that Zac Efron asked for 10 million dollars to be on the
4th High School Musical movie. If Zac agreed to be on the 4th one iam pretty sure
Vanessa, Ashley and the rest of the cast will join too  :roll: . I think it depends on how
successful the 3rd movie is.

AmericanMouse

Not true.  The original six will graduate, and a new class will take over.

The Butlin Boy

On GMTV this morning, they had a short news report on the premier, and it ended witht he reporter say something along the lines of "and the good news is that a fourth film is definitely on the cards." :roll:

casschr05

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"On GMTV this morning, they had a short news report on the premier, and it ended witht he reporter say something along the lines of "and the good news is that a fourth film is definitely on the cards." :roll:
I think you missed out the good news as that sounded like the bad news to me  :roll:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "casschr05"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"On GMTV this morning, they had a short news report on the premier, and it ended witht he reporter say something along the lines of "and the good news is that a fourth film is definitely on the cards." :roll:
I think you missed out the good news as that sounded like the bad news to me  :roll:

Not my words lol! :wink:

Anthony

No wonder GMTV considered it "good news", they're 25% owned by The Walt Disney Company!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMTV

I know, you've probably ripped all your Disney posters off the wall hearing that - DISNEY pay FIONA PHILLIPS' wage. :|

I read an overview of what the plot (a HSM film with a plot?!) could be for a fourth film and it actually sounded quite good. Basically, the whiny two leads (Zefron and Hudgens) would be forgotten in favour of the more fun Ashley Tisdale having a feud with one of the new characters who is introduced in the 3rd film. I can't remember where I read this now...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"No wonder GMTV considered it "good news", they're 25% owned by The Walt Disney Company!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMTV

I know, you've probably ripped all your Disney posters off the wall hearing that - DISNEY pay FIONA PHILLIPS' wage. :|

I read an overview of what the plot (a HSM film with a plot?!) could be for a fourth film and it actually sounded quite good. Basically, the whiny two leads (Zefron and Hudgens) would be forgotten in favour of the more fun Ashley Tisdale having a feud with one of the new characters who is introduced in the 3rd film. I can't remember where I read this now...

Now That actually sounds good... Bring in a British Transfer Student (aptly aged the same age as Efron... Therefore ME) and we have a cracking movie

Carnival_Princess_

Yeah I heard it would be a new cast. Efron and co want to pass the torch and move on to more serious acting careers and the new English girl in HSM3 will be moved up to a lead role in HSM4. Not sure how true that is but I think it seems very likely.

peep

Disney have now confirmed details about the fourth instalment of the franchise. You can read about it on the BBC website.

I think it sounds interesting, they are defiantly trying to make it very different from the previous three.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "BBC News"The Disney Channel said the film would introduce a new cast of characters and feature a love triangle set against a cross-town school rivalry.

Hmmm, can anyone say Romeo and Juliet ? Maybe they could change the ending were everyone poisons themselves, so there's no possibility of a 5th. But for some reason I can't see a Disney film ending with a mass teenage suicide scene  :wink:

If they are bringing back the new characters from HSM3, hopefully Rocketman will have had some coolness beaten into him before the credits role. Or maybe that's the point of the film : East High Wildcat Rocketman falls for West Side Knights cheerleader and realises that being such a goofball isn't gonna get him the fair maiden (then everyone poisons themeselves !)

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "BBC News"The Disney Channel said the film would introduce a new cast of characters and feature a love triangle set against a cross-town school rivalry.

Hmmm, can anyone say Romeo and Juliet ?

Romeo and Juliet! Yep I say it... Its not like Disney haven't already Done it Lion King 2 anyone?
All HSM movies are based on Already Infamous Musicals... HSM1: Grease... This Time round its West Side Story... Please Don't Give Us a Song like "Maria" I may just Die!

Can I be the one to beat the Cool into the 'Rocket Man' and then get with Miss Evans (as she never technically leaves East High she is said to say on well work on from College to help with the running of the Drama Dept)... We Need to get me in the movie NOW... Peoples get to work!  :wink:

Speaking of which... I just had a delivery of HSM3's Score... So Ironic!