Walt Elias Disney and the Family Legacy

Started by Javey74, March 18, 2008, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Just been looking through Disney's A - Z encyclopedia (3rd Edition) when I began to realise just how many people were part of Walt's immediate family, let alone the full family tree.  So I decided to draft up an immediate family tree on PowerPoint just to see what it would look like.

Take a look >>   :D

Let's face it... No Elias and Flora = No Walt Elias Disney.... :shock:

Not a nice thought at all..... :(

Masamune

:( So when Diane M. Disney and Roy E. Disney die, there will be no more immediate family of Walt?

Javey74

Yep, got it in one. :wink:

Still there'll be the not so immediate family members, grandchildren, great grandchildren, cousins etc, but I'm not sure of the children outside the immediate family, will need to look up.  But highly likely! !  :)

RnRCj

Wow - Walt's wife lived for 98 years. :shock:

Javey74

Talking of Grandchildren and the continuity of the Disney legacy..  :arrow:

Walt's Daughter Diane Marie Disney married Ronald Miller and had 7 children>>

Chris Miller, Joanna Miller, Tamara Scheer, Jennifer Miller-Goff, Walter Elias Disney Miller, Ronald Miller and Patrick Miller.

Walt's adopted Daughter Sharon Mae Disney married Robert Borgfeldt Brown and had 1 child, Victoria Brown, Robert Brown died 14/9/67. Sharon then went on to marry William S. Lund and had 2 more children>>

Brad Lund and Michelle Lund.  

So there's 10 Grandchildren for start off to continue the legacy of their grandfather, though only 7 blood relatives..  :shock:  :mrgreen:

Also just incase you were wondering who their Great Great Grandparents were>>

Kepple Disney and Mary Richardson Disney [Walt's Grandma and Grandad]..  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Also here's a look at Walt's Passport, actually dated just 16 months before he died. It contained only 2 visa stamps for a trip to and from London. It seems strange to me why they allowed a signature on the side of the photo aswell as the official top section..  :o

Clarebelle

it looks like pre 1980's that was the thing
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting the family tree and passport thing, they are cool! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Thanks for posting the family tree and passport thing, they are cool! :D
You're welcome Aveen, we all like seeing articles about Walt is some shape or form..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"Thanks for posting the family tree and passport thing, they are cool! :D
You're welcome Aveen, we all like seeing articles about Walt is some shape or form..  :mrgreen:

very true, I love knowing stuff about him. I bought one of the biograhy books but to be honest it was an awful book to try and read (and I read a lot of books), in the end I couldnt do it anymore lol! :cry:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Very true, I love knowing stuff about him. I bought one of the biograhy books but to be honest it was an awful book to try and read (and I read a lot of books), in the end I couldnt do it anymore lol! :cry:
Which Walt biography book would that be?

Aveen2008

This one....

Its so badly written I think.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Ahhh, that's the chunky biography, I wouldn't be able to read that one myself, I got the lesser size one (The Animated Man), which funnily enough I'm still about half way through.  This is for two reasons: 1, I like to take everything onboard I'm reading and 2, I don't really get that much time to read..  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

oo cool! Does it tell you the facts that you would want to know?

The book I got was really awful, far to waffled and too indepth about the wrong kinda stuff! I would consider myself a good reader but I had various attempts at the book and just gave up completely and sold it on ebay to some poor other sole! lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"oo cool! Does it tell you the facts that you would want to know?

The book I got was really awful, far to waffled and too indepth about the wrong kinda stuff! I would consider myself a good reader but I had various attempts at the book and just gave up completely and sold it on ebay to some poor other sole! lol!
I'm not a very good book reader and that was the reason why I chose 'The Animated Man' rather than the one you got. It does get more to the point on things since it is more condensed, however there are still parts that take some understanding, but on the whole a much more factful read..  :wink:  :D

Also Michael Barrier is a respected biographer, and scrutinises a lot of transcripts and interviews with people who worked close to Walt to make sure he portrays a truer picture.  You only have to look at the last few pages to see all the reference points, memorabilia and interviews he has scanned over to refine the book further..  :wink: