Mary Poppins & Sleeping Beauty character events

Started by zanderstarz, March 16, 2008, 07:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I'm not sure I'd like another Stitch invasion. He is best suited in the studios and already has a show they can run there if they wanted to...
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the info Poppy. It's a bit of a shame about Stitch really, I think he's better off in the Studios, whereas a Buzz Lightyear one would have been better, because he has his own ride there. Lets just see what happens though. The Pirate one should be a really good one though, I've got high expectations for it :)

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Nala_84"Woooohoooo, that's great news Poppy, thanks :)!

I'm really curious how those new happenings will look like! Hopefully Jack Sparrow will be involved :)! So just a show/happening in Frontierland will be missing :lol:

Does anyone know if the happenings (also Aurora & Mary Poppins) will take place during Christmas Season, too??  [-o<

Yeah does anyone know when they will be running till?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kinou

It's a shame DLP get all these new musical sets. The Studios has no parade at this moment, yet nothing to replace it!
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Quote from: "Kris"Bring back Peter Pan to the Rescue! Surely parts of that (music and costume) can be recycled?

Dear god no!!!!  That show was sooo bad.  And the music was just (typical DLRP) a collection of DCP and Tink's Fireworks.  

Expect to see Jack Sparrow take over Captain Hook's Galley (and maybe even other POTC characters?)

But this [strike:uebx8pf2]shouldn't[/strike:uebx8pf2] won't happen before the launch of the new "year".

invasion

Is there new news ? about the new shows ?

Kristof

Quote from: "invasion"Is there new news ? about the new shows ?

If there was news, it would have been posted.  A topic about the new shows during the new work year will be opened shortly.

Aveen2008

Does anyone know where abouts it is that Mary Poppins goes to for the meet and greet or is it more a case she just walks about before leaving?

Thanks!:)
xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

seanmartina

is the happenings taking place over the summer,could not see them on the events programme

Anthony

Quote from: "seanmartina"is the happenings taking place over the summer,could not see them on the events programme
They're on there. Titled "Mary Poppins" and "Once upon a time Sleeping Beauty".

Does anyone know why Sleeping Beauty only has one performance per day at 17.00 this summer?

seanmartina

Thanks Baloo, and im holding out on watching the Fireworks video on DLRP, Temptation...

Elaine

Does anyone know where abouts it is that Mary Poppins goes to for the meet and greet or is it more a case she just walks about before leaving?

Thanks!:)

When we were there last month, Mary and Bert stopped over near City Hall to sign, and there were penguins and the other cast characters stationed all over the bandstand area.

They were out and about to sign for quite some time.

Elaine

Aveen2008

Hi,

I don't know why the Sleeping Beauty show is under meet and greet. Maybe this just happened when I was there but when it was over, Aurora and Prince Philp went into a small area near Aurberge De Cendrillon, took photos with 2 children and then were about to leave only a little girl who had cancer/lukiemia arrived and they stopped for her before leaving and saying "see you at the parade" it was no longer than a 3 minute meet and greet, quite disappointing for many of us standing there hoping to also meet them. However I thought the show was very good....but if that's what they classify as a meet and greet I don't think so somehow!

Aveen xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "seanmartina"is the happenings taking place over the summer,could not see them on the events programme
They're on there. Titled "Mary Poppins" and "Once upon a time Sleeping Beauty".

Does anyone know why Sleeping Beauty only has one performance per day at 17.00 this summer?

That's because the cast do The Sleeping Beauty Show, Once upon a dream parade (DOUD) and Fantillusion in their shift, they can only fit one show into the tight schedule.

Meanwhile the Mary Poppins cast do 3 shows and DOUD during their day.

ed-uk

Meet for Mary Poppins cast

When we were there on Thursday - the cast spread them selves around.

Penguins - stayed around the bandstand.

Mary and Bert- walked aound the square and stopped under the middle arch of the station (as did one couple of the dancers) : it was hot and looked like it could rain - so sheltered.

The other dancers walked around the square and went into the area in front of the station near the hotel and stopped meet and greet people.

:D Enjoyed this show - not a lot of people were around at the time (last show of the day) and got a good spot to see and get pictures - more arrived when music started. Missed one picture  :( of one of the penguins 'taking a drink' from the drinking fountains - but having fun with the kids around. :D :D
[attachment=0:39gr0kza]MPoppins.jpg[/attachment:39gr0kza]
Ed & David