Shanghai Disney Resort

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2005, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

I seriously doubt this is the shanghai DL model (or hope it is not).  There is a normal outdoor steel roller coaster, and that sort of move has no room in the DIsney Canon.
since 2001 (many before that)

CentralPlazaPerson

Also no castle ... at least I don't see any but I do see what looks like Phantom Manor!!! :shock: It is beside the bottom patch of water on the right.
There is no magic in this!!!

TimmyTimmyTimmy

I am not sure if these images bare any truth, most things on the net seme to be lies.
Here is a simple layout plan showing where Disneyland willl be built:

//http://www.trueif.com/blog/post/33.html

http://www.trueif.com/blog/upload/Shang ... land_1.jpg

CentralPlazaPerson

very interesting! :-k

Epcot_Boy

What's that....about £5 billion...........mickey is getting very expensive tastes these days  :-k

David

TimmyTimmyTimmy

The park could end up massive if they spend the cash in a good way. Building in China is cheap.

Pete's Dragon

It's hard to tell if these are official or not. For all we know it could have been a kid with some felt tips drawing over his father's map.

luke85

Take a look at this...

It's on the following website http://www.gregpro-artist.com , he's the guy that did the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland expansion painting.

EDDY

Hmmm  :-k
I don't think that these are real plans - sry.
I think it looks like a "MS Paint" work. I can do that a 100% better...
And I don't think that a 5 billion project can't afford a proper plan...

;)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Even Disney & More blog had the picture up a few days ago (long time after this forum), so atleast for now this all there really is on the new park. True or not? only time will tell:)

Willow

Released a few minutes ago.

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY REACHES ANOTHER MAJOR MILESTONE ON SHANGHAI THEME PARK PROJECT

BURBANK, Calif. – November 3, 2009 – The Walt Disney Company today announced that the Project Application Report (PAR) for a Disney theme park in the Pudong district of Shanghai has received approval from the relevant authorities of the central government of China.

"China is one of the most dynamic, exciting and important countries in the world, and this approval marks a very significant milestone for The Walt Disney Company in mainland China," said Robert A. Iger, president and CEO of The Walt Disney Company.

The PAR approval will enable Disney and its Shanghai partners to move forward toward a final agreement to build and operate the park and begin preliminary development work. Upon completion of the final agreement, the project's initial phase would include a Magic Kingdom-style theme park with characteristics tailored to the Shanghai region and other amenities consistent with Disney's destination resorts worldwide.

ightenhill

Having just returned from China earlier this year before finishing in MKHK.. Hong Kong is fine but  I just hope and pray that this does not happen..

Believe me its one park I won't be going to, things must be bad in the boardroom if your making deals with China..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Soap

Quote from: "ightenhill"Having just returned from China earlier this year before finishing in MKHK.. Hong Kong is fine but  I just hope and pray that this does not happen..

Believe me its one park I won't be going to, things must be bad in the boardroom if your making deals with China..

Could you specify your opinion?
Why couldn't this work in China?
And why shouldn't Disney try to make some money from this big a country?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Willow

Maybe Disney should dramatically increase the quality of Hong Kong before building another park?

luke85

Quote from: "Willow"Maybe Disney should dramatically increase the quality of Hong Kong before building another park?
I agree with your point. Why open another park, when an existing one is so below standard?