Shanghai Disney Resort

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2005, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

|Q|

Where does that map comes from? Screamscape cites "european Disney fan sites", but i haven't seen it before it was posted here.

anyway, the first thing i notice, is that it looks the arched Tivoli-like entrance that can be seen in the latest concept arts shown is not depicted here (i may be wrong)

as is different the distribution of the ponds in the Gardens of Imagination

(and, hey, why all this HATE for TSPL? comeon... ;)

Q

Josh

Then again, this could be an old map, and that concept is still valid. :) But that made me notice something: if there's no train going round the park and there's no big entrance, does that mean there's no tunnel to walk under before you enter the park?

Quote from: "|Q|"Where does that map comes from? Screamscape cites "european Disney fan sites", but i haven't seen it before it was posted here.
I got it from Screamscape, too. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

NanookJackal

Quoteanyway, the first thing i notice, is that it looks the arched Tivoli-like entrance that can be seen in the latest concept arts shown is not depicted here (i may be wrong)

Maybe the green stripes on the street between the buildings is the arch xDD
son´t know but i wondered why the hell is there a green crosswalk..!  :D

QuoteBut that made me notice something: if there's no train going round the park and there's no big entrance, does that mean there's no tunnel to walk under before you enter the park?

Don´t look like there will be a tunel to enter the Park, but i wonder if it has to be one. This is a new style of a Magic Kingdom park don´t have to be the same all the time, or does it? I think something fresh is good, keeping part of the old concept and mix it with a new design... It works in EPCOT, ANIMAL KINGDOM, TOKYO DISNEY SEA ect. ect. yeah i know this are no Magic Kingdom style parks..!!

Josh

DisneySea has the Venetian hotel to walk under and Animal Kingdom has a forest. :) It doesn't need a tunnel, but it's a good imagineering  technique. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

|Q|

Quote from: "Josh"DisneySea has the Venetian hotel to walk under

It's not venetian, only one wing (then it has portofino on the harbour front and some kind tuscany on the other side. For the sake of nitpicking. And nationalism. lol.

Q

Josh

Ah, sorry. I just assumed it was because of the gondola rides. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

isani

It looks like Mickey Avenue is going to be a very truncated version on Main Street. With that name change, I expect there will be a large focus on characters. I wonder if they're going to keep the turn-of-the-century styling, or perhaps turn it into something like Toontown?

NanookJackal

QuoteIt looks like Mickey Avenue is going to be a very truncated version on Main Street. With that name change, I expect there will be a large focus on characters. I wonder if they're going to keep the turn-of-the-century styling, or perhaps turn it into something like Toontown?

I think it will have a main street look with the charakters taken over the shops and restaurants. so in my eyes it can be something like a turn of the century main street and the shops/ restaurants ect. have the names of the charakters. Don´t think they will do a Toontown at the entrance.

QuoteDisneySea has the Venetian hotel to walk under and Animal Kingdom has a forest.  It doesn't need a tunnel, but it's a good imagineering technique.

Okay didn´t thought of the Miracosta TDS and Oasis AK. Sure it is/was a good technique when done right, like in your examples, not like this ugly concrete cube called Studio 1.
Alright i argee that in a Magic Kingdome style Park they schould do something like the tunel, or a Hotel or something like the Oasis to block of the outside from the inside and other way round.

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "isani"It looks like Mickey Avenue is going to be a very truncated version on Main Street. With that name change, I expect there will be a large focus on characters. I wonder if they're going to keep the turn-of-the-century styling, or perhaps turn it into something like Toontown?

From what I've assumed from concept art/the limited information we have, it'll be similar to Buena Vista Street, with 'traditional' looking shops, which have names of characters; Clarabelles Ice Cream Parlour, Oswalds Store etc.

I'm liking the idea of this park so far, a little disappointed by the inclusion of TSPL, but I'm wondering if it may get phased out if New Fantasyland is popular at MK? I know the audiences over there are more fans of the second Golden Era and Pixar movies instead of the classics, which is why I don't think Pinocchio, Snow White or Peter Pan will cut it in this park.

But the large show buildings in that area give me hope for Under the Sea and the Be Our Guestaurant. (Why they didn't call it that I don't know!)
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.