Shanghai Disney Resort

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2005, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"Maybe Fantasyland circles around the castle. I think Tom Staggs or Robert Iger mentioned that Fantasyland is in front of the castle. But you are right, the buildings behind the castle look like they are part of Fantasyland. I think the castle will not only be the centerpiece of the park, it will also be the centerpiece of Fantasyland and not the entrance.
Well elements of Fantasyland are at the front, yes. Maybe the front is going to be more like the Fantasy Gardens in HKDL, but I think most of Fantasyland will be at the back.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

Quote from: "Meph"Well elements of Fantasyland are at the front, yes. Maybe the front is going to be more like the Fantasy Gardens in HKDL, but I think most of Fantasyland will be at the back.

The dark rides seem to be located behind the castle, only the smaller rides, like Dumbo, are in front. I think that's a great move, because these rides will bring some life to that area.

I'm so glad that Disney will not mess up that wonderful park with Toy Story Playland. At least there is nothing in the concept art that indicates TSPL.

Judging from the concept art the building for POTC is huge and I think that this new incarnation of the classic attraction will be amazing and totally different to the current version. Unfortunately I can't see the big drop, like Splash Mountain, that was envisioned for the HKDL pirates ride.

15MagicalYears

Actually, if you look to the right and a bit lower down to the pirates building there is a building with what looks like a skull and the large drop on top of the building.

dagobert

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Actually, if you look to the right and a bit lower down to the pirates building there is a building with what looks like a skull and the large drop on top of the building.

I think that's the Indiana Jones building, because it looks very similar to the one found in the Tokyo DisneySea Park.

dagobert

According to Alain Littaye from Disney and More SHDL secured the money for building the resort. Nothing special, but I thought it's worth a post:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -from.html

dagobert

According to the always fantastic Blue Sky Disney Blog, there will be no Space Mountain. Usually they are always very well informed and so it seems that SHDL will be a totally new incarnation of the MK. Honestly I like that. It's boring to see the same rides over and over again.

There will also be some kind of water ride. like Grizzly River Run:
Take a look at that original overview artwork and you'll see it in the right corner. It's the big mountain you can see there. It's intricately detailed with a great deal of beautiful rockwork. Let's hope that Burbank doesn't make them cut the budget as it's going to cost quite a bit.

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2011/ ... anges.html

davewasbaloo

He is making educated guesses. The line up is still far from agreed and they are still hammering out the details. There is talk of a Space Mountain or a TRON themed launch coaster, and there is even talk of a Marvel themed one.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"He is making educated guesses. The line up is still far from agreed and they are still hammering out the details. There is talk of a Space Mountain or a TRON themed launch coaster, and there is even talk of a Marvel themed one.

A Tron themed launch coaster would be great, but in my opinion that ride would fit better into a Studios park. Although I like that the new park will look different, I think SM is such an iconic attraction so that it should be part of SHDL. SM should be more like the Paris version instead of the lame MK ride. I don't know how the SM in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim are, but I don't get it why people like the WDW attraction.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"He is making educated guesses. The line up is still far from agreed and they are still hammering out the details. There is talk of a Space Mountain or a TRON themed launch coaster, and there is even talk of a Marvel themed one.

A Tron themed launch coaster would be great, but in my opinion that ride would fit better into a Studios park. Although I like that the new park will look different, I think SM is such an iconic attraction so that it should be part of SHDL. SM should be more like the Paris version instead of the lame MK ride. I don't know how the SM in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim are, but I don't get it why people like the WDW attraction.

The versions in California, Tokyo and HK are a little different to WDW, but they are also family coasters, and that is what makes them popular. In the US, most coasters are mega coasters, so it is rare to have a good themed family coaster. Also, the original in WDW was a world first - in the dark, computer controlled.

But at least California and Hong Kong have integrated soundtracks and effects.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The versions in California, Tokyo and HK are a little different to WDW, but they are also family coasters, and that is what makes them popular. In the US, most coasters are mega coasters, so it is rare to have a good themed family coaster. Also, the original in WDW was a world first - in the dark, computer controlled.

But at least California and Hong Kong have integrated soundtracks and effects.

Thanks for the infos. Weren't there plans to add a soundtrack to the WDW version? I do understand the reason you have given, but I'm with Tim Delaney: When you are travelling through space, it has to be more spectacular.

According to the Imagineering book "The Disney Mountains" the SM in the MK has to identical mirrored tracks, while the SM in Tokyo, Anaheim and Hong Kong have only one track. Are these three SM also identical? I know that HKDL and DL Anaheim have the same version, but what about Tokyo? The building looks like the one in Florida.

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the infos. Weren't there plans to add a soundtrack to the WDW version?
They already have. ;) They added speakers last August. But they added them to the track, instead of the trains so apparently it sounds a bit strange. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Josh

Damn. Toy Story Playland is coming to Shanghai Disneyland. You can see it on this recently leaked map of the park:

Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Mickey Avenue? Good lord.

And isn't Toy Story Playland meant to be a Hong Kong exclusive in Asia?

Josh

But this version has an extra Hotwheels track and a new showbuilding. Is it too small to be Toy Story Mania?

Also, I'm guessing the parade route is the route in white. It seems like quite a long one. Plenty of room for people to stand. :)

Because they have rows of viewing areas in front of the castle, what are the chances that they're going to have a night time spectacular?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

NanookJackal

QuoteAnd isn't Toy Story Playland meant to be a Hong Kong exclusive in Asia?

Wasn´t it something like "exclusive to Asia for at least 5 years"? i´m not sure.!

Don´t think the map is to bad, looks very interesting. to bad it´s not High-res to see and read everything better.
the Adventureland area is very interesting as is the Fantasyland area without TSPL.! Tomorowland area looks very small.!