Sleeping Beauty Castle - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Remco K., March 01, 2008, 11:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

The picture tarp should go up this week, according to sources. It was originaly planned last monday, but obviously that didn't happen.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Tarf from Disney Central Plaza has posted new pictures from this morning:
http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... -12#900860

Did Disney already paint the top, because I can't see the grey spots anymore?

alternativerock123

Is it me or (if they have painted the top over the grey spots) or does it look... pearl?  Like a soft pink pearl?  I hope they keep it like that, its nice, if it goes pinker then it will ruin it.
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

dagobert

Quote from: "alternativerock123"Is it me or (if they have painted the top over the grey spots) or does it look... pearl?  Like a soft pink pearl?  I hope they keep it like that, its nice, if it goes pinker then it will ruin it.

I thought the same. Maybe it is due to the sun, but it looks like a brighter pink. And I think they have already painted the top, otherwise you would see the grey spots from fixing the holes.

Hopefully they use a brighter pink, I think that will look better.

rottie155

Quote from: "Tuvok"The picture tarp should go up this week, according to sources. It was originaly planned last monday, but obviously that didn't happen.

Oh as long as they are still planning on putting a picture tarp up that's the main thing! It would be such a shame to leave it looking like a construction site!
A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

pussinboots

Quote from: "alternativerock123"Is it me or (if they have painted the top over the grey spots) or does it look... pearl?  Like a soft pink pearl?  I hope they keep it like that, its nice, if it goes pinker then it will ruin it.

I think so too. I don't know if they've yet to age it (darken the edges etc.), but it does look lighter and softer. I like it! I hope they continue that shade.

The current/old pink looks okay on a sunny day, but quite awful on a rainy, cloudy day. It's far too intense. A softer shade would be a lot more elegant.

luke85

Quote from: "pussinboots"

I think so too. I don't know if they've yet to age it (darken the edges etc.), but it does look lighter and softer. I like it! I hope they continue that shade.

The current/old pink looks okay on a sunny day, but quite awful on a rainy, cloudy day. It's far too intense. A softer shade would be a lot more elegant.

So true, with a cloudy sky behind it, the castle's colour is far too saturated  :sick:

dagobert

According to some members of Disney Central Plaza, the printed tarp has been installed, BUT my French is not the best anymore, so there is a big chance that I misread it. :D

Anthony

Tadaa!

Full photo: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/03/03/flo ... ive-scrim/

Many thanks to discoponies on Twitter!

dagobert

Okay, I don't know what to say and I don't know if I like that. It looks like candy. It seems the tarp is painted instead of a printed photo of the castle. I think that's not the same way like Disney did it with the Main street USA buildings in recent years.

loladelorean

I actually think its pretty good - although I'm perhaps going to be alone in thinking that.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

rottie155

Quote from: "loladelorean"I actually think its pretty good - although I'm perhaps going to be alone in thinking that.

It's not quite what I was expecting, but I MUCH prefer this than just a blank canvas!

Lola, I must admit - I quite like it too!!!
A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

dagobert

Quote from: "rottie155"It's not quite what I was expecting, but I MUCH prefer this than just a blank canvas!

Indeed, definately better than the white canvas!

Tuvok

Excellent! The Magic is preserved! Indeed, sources are indicating that the scarfolding will come done just before the summer season begins (9th July) in order to show the fireworks. Can't wait to see our 'beauty' once again shine like never before!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Tarf from Disney Central Plaza has posted more pictures:
http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... -34#901893