Your Disney Merchandise Collection

Started by Masamune, July 03, 2005, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eager_Eyes

Wow he is absolutley lovely, I've never seen him I've got one of those teddies though I've got the pirates one.  I really should post some pics of my collection for you all to see.

Javey74

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"Wow he is absolutley lovely, I've never seen him I've got one of those teddies though I've got the pirates one.  I really should post some pics of my collection for you all to see.
Yes please..  :D/

Aveen2008

I have seen the pirates one on ebay and I want him hehe! I love these bears, I wish paris had them and a wee shop to buy clothes for them like a build a bear or something I think that would be cool, kids would also love it! :D

I just loved this one as hes so unusual and hes got pin trading gear hehe!

He put the donald "pin" there just for you Javey :wink:  :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"He put the donald "pin" there just for you Javey :wink:  :P
Awwwhhh, you'll have to thank him for me Aveen, me thinks he's very considerate..  :D

marille2425

I want to show you a part of my collection, of course it is growing and growing...
For example I have much more pins, but till now no time to display them... Just lying in a box  :|

And... I think I´ll buy tons of new stuff when I´ll visit Disneyland in October  :D

Aveen2008

Wow I love your collection it's fab.. Are you a donald duck fan ? There's some great Donald stuff there...I'm sure Javey would agree :wink: .

Funny I have one or two of the same items, like the Minnie and Figaro plush and the 15th Anniversary tote bag etc. I think you have such a fab and diverse collection!

Thanks for sharing the pictures! =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

marille2425

Thank you  :D
Yeah, you´ve got it right - Donald is my fav... (my first idea was to collect only Donald stuff, but that was impossible *gg*)

Aveen2008

lol it's hard to stick to one character as there is so much great Disney things and also many great characters!

How many years have you been collecting or a Disney Fan? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

marille2425

Let´s say I´ve never been no Disney-Fan ;)
On my baby-photos I play with Disney-Toys, my first bedding was one with Mickeys on it,... My first cine film was "Aladdin" (with 5 years) and I´ve never missed a Disney-Movie in cinema afterwards  :wink:
At the age of 7 I wanted to visit Disneyland, because a friend of mine had been there. My parents said "you´re too young". At the age of 16 they said "you´re too old". Finally, at the age of 18 I said "Now I visit Disneyland"  :lol: And I had to admit that I would have been too young at the age of 7 to digest all the impressions  :wink:
Since that time every year (now I´m 22). (

My collection: Some pieces are very old (maybe 22 years  :P ) - for example the baby donald + daisy. 90% are from my 3 Disneyland-visits... Before that I´ve bought some things when I saw them here in Austria in a shop... We don´t have much Disney-stuff here... Not even a Disney-Store  :(

Aveen2008

aw you're the same age as me! hehe. I am the same I have always been a Disney fan! Aw it must be hard not having much Disney stuff in Austria!
Just like you I first got to go to DLP when I was 18 hehe! How freaky hehe. I notice some of your pieces are things I had years ago too  :D  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

marille2425

Haha, that´s funny   :P  
If you see something here, it´s a big surprise (and then the things are not so cute  :(  )
BUT: I´m saving on dlp every year. And everytime I take an extra piece of luggage with me to carry all the new things home *gg*

What happened to your pieces? Did you sort them out?

More photos:

I really, really love the Donald pin on the left and the Beauty & the Beast pin on the right...

It´s funny to change them  :P  At the moment I´m wearing the one with the main characters and the castle...

Barnsey313

Wow that's quite the collection you have there Marille, and Aveen I now have to go and get two of those bears just to get the outfits for my Chip and Dale plushes to wear!  :D
 I have developed a particular fondness for Books in the last few weeks starting with the purchase of 'From sketch to reality' when I visited a couple of weeks ago and have acquired several since:

First of is 'From sketch to reality itself' - Heres some shots for those considering buying but in my opinion frankly there is no considering needed - it's a MUST. It's full of lovely poster art and signage from around the park and doesn't spoil the magic yet gives the stories behind almost every detail.

Secondly is 'The Art of Ratatouille' - My favorite Pixar film. It is filled to the brim with beautiful lighting studies (my favorite is the kitchen one above), concept sketches, clay models and renders. Albeit the renders being fewer in number the food models are sumptuously stunning. The cutout like art is present too!

Thirdly we have 'The Art of Cars' and although not as aesthetically pleasing and arty as the Ratatouille it is much more technically brilliant and more detailed with all the humorous logos, designs, town plans and the plenty of images in varied media like the Ratatouille.
 Both of these books have animator quotes and lots of text compared to many other art books along with prefaces by directors and producers giving an ever deeper insight.

Finally is a book which is really making me think twice about career choices. 'The illusion of life' is a book on animation by Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas, two of Disney's nine old men and is often referred too as the animators bible. Whilst being expensive I have never read a more exquisitely wrote and illustrated book (bar possibly from sketch to reality) and it gives a full history of animation at the disney studios as well as outlining principles and giving hints. There's even flip-books in the top corner. I'm definitely going to try my hand at some 2d soon (I'll post it here) and it may just sway me away from my photography. It has blown me away!  =D>

Im currently eyeing The Essential Blender: Guide to 3D Creation with the Open Source Suite Blender to practice some 3D animation and The Art of "Pirates of the Caribbean" although I think the latter may have to wait.

Check the General Pin Trading thread for my new pins!

PS: The illusion of life is in color I just happened to take photos of monochrome pages.

Aveen2008

wow marille2425 I love all your items, where did you get the charm braclet and charms? They are great.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant when you said "what happened your pieces have you sorted them out yet?" ??

Barnsey: the books are great! I would like the Sketch to reality one, but it's expensive isn't it? I read in the pin topic that you bought a pin bag, can I ask how much it was as I am planning to buy one when I go next month!?

:D/
Luv Aveen xoxo

Eager_Eyes

Wow Marille your collection is truly amazing!  And as for those books they look great I'd like to read all of them.

I'm going to get around to taking photos of the rest of my Disney collection over the next week or so but thought that I'd start off today with this one of my beloved Pirate Mickey figure, he's from the art shop in Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida. The journey home last year was stressful to say the least with worrying about him in my luggage!

marille2425

@Aveen: That was because you wrote "some of your pieces I had years ago too" - so you don´t have them anymore? I just wondered why  :wink:

I´ve bought the charms here: //http://myworld.ebay.com/kiukiu16 and here: //http://myworld.ebay.com/mickeysmadison
...once again - it was hard to decide... I wanted to buy ONLY the main characters  :-"

The books are great... I think I´ll buy "From sketch to reality" next time...