Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Butlin Boy... I would say NONE!

Anthony

Trailer! Trailer! Trailer!

480p: http://wdmp.rd.llnwd.net/wdsmp/Up/Trail ... ev_480.mov

720p: http://wdmp.rd.llnwd.net/wdsmp/Up/Trail ... ev_720.mov

Flash/source: http://pixarplanet.com/blog/first-up-trailer-arrives

We thought WALL-E was a bit of a departure for Pixar, but look at this... That said, it does remind me of a cross between Monsters Inc and The Incredibles visually and perhaps even in character terms.

It's a hilarious joke, but I don't quite understand how the cub scout appears on his doorstep mid-flight when he's not there beforehand... Maybe we'll find out?

peep

I'm so excited now, it looks ace. They still don't want to show much but its enough to get peeps excited about it.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

The Butlin Boy

I'll be honest, I wasn't sure if this concept would work at first, but after seeing the trailer, it looks brilliant. I can't wait to see it :)

Soap

I had my doubts too, but the trailer made me smile, so i will have my hopes up...... :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Website has been updated slightly: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/up/

I like the contrast between the bright balloons and blue sky and the inside of Carl's house, where everything seems to be brown. I'm looking forward to seeing how Pixar tackle South America...

Some release dates:

US: 29th May 2009
UK: 17th July 2009
France, Netherlands: 29th July 2009
Germany 24th September 2009

Do animated films not do well in Germany in Summer or something?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Website has been updated slightly: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/up/

I like the contrast between the bright balloons and blue sky and the inside of Carl's house, where everything seems to be brown. I'm looking forward to seeing how Pixar tackle South America...

Some release dates:

US: 29th May 2009
UK: 17th July 2009
France, Netherlands: 29th July 2009
Germany 24th September 2009

Do animated films not do well in Germany in Summer or something?

I can never get my head around why some film companies release their films like this. Are we not as important as the US or something? :evil:

Adam

Some of the staggering of the dates will be to allow for promotion from the voiceartists in each country. However, the gap between the US and the rest is pretty large!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Adam"Some of the staggering of the dates will be to allow for promotion from the voiceartists in each country. However, the gap between the US and the rest is pretty large!

Not as Big as the One for Bolt...

US Release; November... UK release February! That's 4 months!

Pixar's two month separation isn't that Bad really! Only wish it was a smaller time difference!!  :cry:

-breeno-

Empire has an "exclusive" new screen shot of Up (NOTE: It was posted on the 28th December but i just went on the Empire website and found it and since it hasn't been posted here i thought i would :) ).

Source: empireonline.com
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Pixar's character design just gets better and better. WALL-E and Eve were the kind of designs that looked wonderful together and will be instantly recognisable for decades to come, but making a young kid and an old man stand out is must harder. But look at that, they've done it. The grey squareness against the colourful roundness is brilliant.

Probably another set of characters that Disney won't be able to turn into meet 'n' greets though. The house floating away with balloons would make a very cool parade float, however... Pixar Play Parade... WDS, 2012? :P

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Pixar's character design just gets better and better. WALL-E and Eve were the kind of designs that looked wonderful together and will be instantly recognisable for decades to come, but making a young kid and an old man stand out is must harder. But look at that, they've done it. The grey squareness against the colourful roundness is brilliant.

Perfectly put Ant, but I think we've missed something else in this comparison... Shape the shapes of old and new mirror that of old and new in WALL-E...

Old Gent & WALL-E: Square
Wildreness Ranger and EVE: Round

Just replace the rust of WALL-E with the wrinkles and grey of age and there is a comparison, well in my opinion.

Quote from: "Anthony"Probably another set of characters that Disney won't be able to turn into meet 'n' greets though. The house floating away with balloons would make a very cool parade float, however... Pixar Play Parade... WDS, 2012? :P

Now that parade idea sounds a spiffing good idea, the timing would allow for the New characters of Newt, Toy Story 3, Cars II and Bear and The Bow...

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"

It looks like the last Indiana Jones film... :P  :lol:

experiment627

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It looks like the last Indiana Jones film... :P  :lol:

:lol:

Quiet true...

Anthony

Book cover of "The Art of UP":