Having A Free Piece Of DLRP...

Started by Javey74, January 18, 2008, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

In was just replying to a topic on Shares, and owning a piece of DLRP.  It got me thinking, if any fans on this forum take a piece of DLRP back home with them.  I don't mean merchandise.  I mean an actual part of DLRP.  

For example we always end up bringing the little bars of Mickey Soap from the hotel back with us, you know the ones in the black boxes with mickey on the front.  I'm sure they expect guests to do this as it's a personal item for a guest to use, they replace them for each hotel guest using the room.  A free souvenir I suppose.  Last time we went it was a mini tube of Mickey Mouse shower gel.   We also take a few napkins, obviously last years were extra special being the 15th anniversary, another souvenir.  Oh yes, and a couple of sugar sachets, since my partners dad collects them from around the world.  

I don't condone people stealing parts of the fittings and fixtures, either from their hotel or the park itself, although it probably happens.  I'm suprised someone hasn't attemped to uproot the hexagnal tiles with peoples names on them, as you head towards the entrance.  :shock:

Anyone elses thoughts on this  :?:

-breeno-

We usually bring home the DLRP soap from the hotel and the soap, and last year because of the 15th celebration i brought home a bottle of coca-cola with the 15th wrapping on it :P  It's still actually in the fridge and hopfully will never be opened :D   We usually bring home stuff from breakfast like the chocolate spread.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

GrandiJoos

Quote from: "-breeno-"We usually bring home the DLRP soap from the hotel and the soap, and last year because of the 15th celebration i brought home a bottle of coca-cola with the 15th wrapping on it :P  It's still actually in the fridge and hopfully will never be opened :D   We usually bring home stuff from breakfast like the chocolate spread.
Wow, an unopened 15th anniversary DLRP Coca-Cola bottle, worth a car in 2075 ;) (just kidding, sounds great, I have just the wrapper at home).

I always take home the postcards etc. from the hotel.

GrandiJoos :cool:

RnRCj

When we stayed at the Hotel New York a few years ago, we forgot to return our room key to reception. So we still have it now as a little souvenir.

GeoffD

Let's see i have

Park Maps (obviously)
Soap
Coca-Cola wrappers
Plastic Bags

(Most free stuff, i have)

Kristof

A few leaves from La Cabane...  :lol:   You can look for them around the tree after a windy day.

thekirtley

We always keep the hotel cheyenne card keys :lol:
DLP visitor since the age of 2.
:)
Part time Student, Full Time Disney enthusiast.
:D

Clarebelle

Soap(everyone does it!) hehe
Napkins
Disneyland passes
Park maps and info leaflets
erm ... the 3D glasses from "honey I shrunk the audience" is that bad?  :?

What I'd really love to commandeer are the door handles from the Disneyland Hotel! the ones with Tinkerbelle, do they still have them? and do you think anyone would notice one missing? shhh!!
lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Nicholas-c

i took a car from stunt show :p was to cool to not take! (joke...)

usually stuff that u get in resurants (napkins etc) fastpasses (i think i have one for every time every ride now :p usually because i forget i have them lol )
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

MAVERICK

I have the usual:

soap,park maps,plastic bags,park tickets,but i even kept the till reciepts for everything i bought my fiancee thinks im mad even though they were from 4 years ago.

I will get some napkins and some fast passes this year and anything else i can think of  :)

Clarebelle

Quotebut i even kept the till reciepts for everything i bought my fiancee thinks im mad even though they were from 4 years ago.

My dad did this when we went as a family for the 5th anniversary (it was my parents wedding anniversary too), just the other day i found some reciepts from disney that had been put aside with the luggage etc. I thought they from when i went at christmas last year ... but no they were from 10 years ago!! lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Tinkerbell.

i have some signed fast passes and tickets by cast members. plastic bags. and a cast member special event bag with mickey mouse ears. and space mountian mission 2 on it (you can not buy them anywhere.)
and i don't know if this counts but my boyfriend gave me his stunt show jacket which they wear underneath the leathers. it is obercool.  :D

Userbars Made By Me

andrewuk

Salt and pepper sachets! I don't know why they taste different but I love them
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

jax

Hi, I usually collect the soap, shower gell, sugar, napkins,

One visit i fell over, did a sommersault in mid air, badly twisted my ankle and ended up with a huge egg on my ankle.  Got sent to hospital and got my very own Disney x-ray of my foot, a great souvenier  but very painful.

Also got me a pass to get on the rides without queing, the kids loved it and always joke about whether i can twist my ankle again to avoid all the queues.

I also keep my room keys

allie

I usually collect the soap & shower gel from the hotel.
From The Steakhouse or wherever serves burgers or steak they give you colour pin things with a disney characters head on. Those I usually take with me  8)