World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

I think a WoD store would be a great idea for Disney Village, though the Disney store that's there now is great all the same.

I know when I went to WoD in Downtown Disney 3 years ago I went mental, spent so much money - let's just say it was a good job I'd been saving up spending money for a year and a half!!  :wink:

\":lamp:\"

littlemermaid83

Anymore news?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

If there's news, it'll already be posted.

disneyfreak90

wow it would be really great because i went to the world of disney store at walt disney world and i was amazed! the have really much more selection than in the disney store at disney village! i wish that this rumour is true!

Soap

Quote from: "disneyfreak90"wow it would be really great because i went to the world of disney store at walt disney world and i was amazed! the have really much more selection than in the disney store at disney village! i wish that this rumour is true!

Have been there this summer and indeed this would be a great addition to DV!
But then they will have to figure what to do with the disney store which is there now, that would be too much i guess.

For now just a long time rumour, so let's wait and see until real evidence pop-up ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

disneyfreak90

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "disneyfreak90"wow it would be really great because i went to the world of disney store at walt disney world and i was amazed! the have really much more selection than in the disney store at disney village! i wish that this rumour is true!

Have been there this summer and indeed this would be a great addition to DV!
But then they will have to figure what to do with the disney store which is there now, that would be too much i guess.

For now just a long time rumour, so let's wait and see until real evidence pop-up ;)
yes thats true! yes :wink:

pussinboots

According to someone on Disney Central Plaza, plans are getting off the ground and a concept art has been made. It apparently depicts something in the style of a Parisian department store, with awnings and domes.

dagobert

I like the idea that the WoD store will look like a Parisian department store.

Is it the "Printemps" department store with the huge glas dome? I have been there and it looks really great.

davewasbaloo

This will only work if they actually start stocking merchandise that is worth buying. As there is little worth buying right now, forgive me if I am a little cynical about this project.
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

Quote from: "dagobert"I like the idea that the WoD store will look like a Parisian department store.

Is it the "Printemps" department store with the huge glas dome? I have been there and it looks really great.

Yes, and Lafayette has a great big dome as well. Although I suspect they will do a sort of postmodern interpretation of that sort of architecture. Surely it will be more modern.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This will only work if they actually start stocking merchandise that is worth buying. As there is little worth buying right now, forgive me if I am a little cynical about this project.

I can see where you're coming from, but at least we would have a nice store... I hardly buy anything anymore (what on earth am I going to do with a Minnie Mouse teapot), but I love to browse the stores of the Disneyland Park regardless.

Plus, it will enable them to finally really fix the god-awful Disney Store-side of Disney Village.

RnRCj

Interesting! It does sound like it will at least look good from the outside. Lets hope the merchandise will be good too.

pussinboots

From MykeY at Disney Central Plaza:

Not bad, huh.

davewasbaloo

Looks very nice, very Val D Europe though huh?
since 2001 (many before that)

Maarten

That looks very promising and I am very pleased to hear that the World of Disney plans didn't die a slow death. The facade of the store will probably tie in nicely with the art deco elements of Imax next door. However, personally, I am not really convinced a French design would fit in with Disney Village very well, but we will see. It looks very Val d'Europe indeed, but thats not a bad thing in my book.

Has anyone an idea about the timetable? This could be a really good addition for Disney Village as long as they improve heavily on merchandising (how is it possible I could even find Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland related audio at the Virgin Megastore at the Champs-Elyssee and not in a Disney themepark 30 minutes away?!) Perhaps the current Disney Store in Disney Village will make room for some more worthwile retail when the time comes. If World of Disney will look as nice as World of Disney in New York City which I visited last month, this can only be a good thing. Bring it on.  8)

RnRCj

Looks really good actually! The only thing I don't understand is why they chose a Paris-inspired store when the real Paris is just down the road. But hey, at least they didn't put a 60ft Mickey statue outside! I love the domes. They should look beautiful.