Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Rebuilt in its current location? If that's true, Disneyland Paris Imagineers have lost the plot. They have a Buzz Lightyear ride in Discoveryland, and an entire Toy Story Playland over at the Walt Disney Studios. If they're going to build a permanent Pizza Planet restaurant, surely it should be either opposite Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, or actually in Toy Story Playland? It makes no sense having it detached, next door to Captain EO.

dagobert

I don't want to be the bad guy again, but please remove RC. He shouldn't be featured in the tram tour. I'm sure there are many good locations in the queue of RC Racer, like Alan already said, or somewhere else in TSPL.

In my opinion it would be the best if the TS restaurant i Discoveryland would close forever and be replaced by a restaurant that does fit the theme. WDS desperately needs a new restaurant, so why not build a TS restaurant adjacent to TSPL, like Alan suggested. It would fit perfectly.

Alan, I totally have to agree with you. If Disney rebuilds the TS restaurant, than it's perfectly clear that WDI has lost the plot. Splitting TS up to two themeparks and to two different locations in one land doesn't look like having a master plan.

It would be great if Disney would replace the TS restaurant with something like that:

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/port_discover ... /index.htm

Sorry for being  :offtopic:

Martyn

To be honest, that whole back area of Discoveryland needs a rethink. I say demolish Pizza Planet, and remove both attractions, and replace them with a large dark ride of some sort, including a restaurant and shop etc (similar to the Rat plan)

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"To be honest, that whole back area of Discoveryland needs a rethink. I say demolish Pizza Planet, and remove both attractions, and replace them with a large dark ride of some sort, including a restaurant and shop etc (similar to the Rat plan)

That would be perfect for a restart of Discoveryland. Star Tours II could move to WDS and the whole area could be used for "Journey To The Center Of The Earth". During this placemaking Buzz Lightyear should also move to WDS and a nice table service restaurant should replace it. Imagine the view you would have on Central Plaza.

Discoveryland would receive the Jules Verne theme again and no Pixar in that land anymore.

Adam

Interesting ideas. Armaggedon was mentioned in 2009/10 as somewhere to close and the Narnia costumes were rumoured to move in. However, perhaps move Star Tours II in there is space is sufficient and as you say, use PP/ST/CEO area for a new ride or two. I think that not using Captain EO's space for a new ride and not a show would be an opportunity missed, especially in these cost cutting days.

Back on topic, I still love Studio Tram Tour - Jeremy Irons was on The One Show the other day and he just reminds me of the tour!

Columbiad

I'd love the whole area behind Space Mountain to become a wee HG Wells area, perhaps with a ride based on The Time Machine (similar to the Le Visionarium?), with some tripods everywhere.  Some themeing along the train line would also be brilliant, as thats possibly one of the most boring stretches of ride.....

*runs off the Home Imagineering thread*

Martyn

QuoteArmaggedon was mentioned in 2009/10 as somewhere to close

I still reckon thats on the cards. Have you seen the exterior lately? Its ridiculous, you'd never think you at a Disney park with how its just been left to fade so badly.

paterdave2

Ok lets get back on topic.
The STT was closed for almost 4 weeks does anybody know what they have changed during this refurb?
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Scissorsboi

From what is visible it seems to have been a re-paint of the Catastrophe Canyon set, and a bit of refurb around the station to remove the old sponsorship and replace it with the new. Other than that nothing noticable, Dinotopia set is still in a hideous state and really needs to be addressed, especially as you go past it twice!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Martyn

QuoteFrom what is visible it seems to have been a re-paint of the Catastrophe Canyon set

That was done last year, so its unlikely they've done it again this year (considering it took 8 years for the first repaint).

ulak

Hello, is this atraction in function? Or is it closed right now? And will it be open in May, please?
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Magic M

According to the Closures and Refurbs page it should be open.  What is happening with it in May hasn't been released yet.

Josh

Maybe the construction workers for Ratatouille are still using the road? I think that's why it was closed in the first place, so the construction might be delayed.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

According to @InsideDLParis it's still closed.

Either the dates were wrong or the work to build the new road overran. From photos of the Ratatouille construction it looks like all the boneyard props (well, what's left of them) have now been moved further back again alongside the new route.

StarGazer

Studio Tram Tour is back:

♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫